This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Post - Xbox Republic

Go down 
+6
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
Pein
Arbiteris
Master_Chief
optimusprime
10 posters
AuthorMessage
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

First Post - Xbox Republic Empty
PostSubject: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:16 am

Hello everyone, hope you are well. This is a first post from myself after waiting to register for a while (dont know why registering was put on hold) and I will make this post as clear as I can. I am a multi-console owner, I have a good job so I can have a good life and a good gaming routine when I have the time so I can play the exclusive titles if I wish with Microsofts console being my personal favourite of the three. One thing I have been noticing over the past six months is the upsurge in Xbox 360 negativity. Why? Well after reading some of it, it has become clear that we are dealing with very determined people who are either frustrated kids or shockingly inept adults who have severe insecurity issues. Here is some of the things I have noticed and my opinions on them:

1. The N4G cult:

There seems to be a major uptake on Playstation news/reviews/gossip on that website and it will be on the frontfoot even more with E3 rumours. N4G allows people to register and eventually become contributors which means you find news articles or make blogs/websites to get hits knowing a certain fanbase will back it with approvals so it can hit the main page. This trend seems to be in force with regards to the Playstation consoles.

my opinion: its a desperate state of affairs when people have to abuse a system like this just so you can feel comfortable about a purchase of a video game system. take notice of some of the trollers/their friends and fellow cretins and you will notice a trend in statements, the news articles they comment in and the avatar they have which is usually either kratos, the red ring of death, sackboy, a vampire or a playstation controller. who are they trying to con here seriously? do they honestly think they are going to change the majority of peoples minds with their sly attitudes and pathetic attacks on a piece of plastic? fuck no! and although I dont really have time for any fanboy, I am starting to think that the playstation crowd are the most pathetic of a sad bunch.

2. Make GTA 5 PS3 exclusive, the 360 cant handle it and have ruined the GTA franchise:

Been reading this a lot since there are rumours rockstars next entry into the legendary franchise will be confirmed at E3.

my opinion: How do you know it cant handle it? Because the PC and 360 dont have blu-ray? will the benefits of uncompressed audio, three new tv shows and four extra radio stations have a real dramatic impact on the game itself? Every year I have read the same thing with regards to games coming out such as Resident Evil 5 , DMC 4, GTA, Pro Evolution Soccer etc and how Microsoft is stopping these games from being better. This is absolute bullshit and fuck off with the act because its obvious where this is coming from, you adore the playstation brand, you suck its dick, you want to sleep with the machine and you cant stand the fact there is competition out there and the competition is more fierce than what your arrogant little brain thought it would be. Awful attempts at propoganda at its most obvious so you are kidding no one. In fact I'm playing Red Dead Redemption at the moment on the 360, beautiful open world, lots of content and a full multiplayer mode to boot...oh yeah the 360 is holding it back though.

3. HipHopGamer

"om ps3 yeah"

my opinion: Take no notice to this little cretin wannabe journalist, fucking journalist my arse. it would be a disgrace if a hard working man or woman who is smart and has the desire to get into video game journalisim be stepped over by this fucking phoney. hes a ps3 fanboy, an obvious one "never denies it when asked on podcasts, justs shifts the convo". a fanboy who has used the agenda of the n4g farce to get hits to his terrible website and now thinks he is in the know when it comes to rumours/hearsay. here is a thought, how can a mailroom worker named gerrard williams all of a sudden start a blog and have all the inside gossip day one? think about that and I know what you are thinking I am either a racist or hate hiphop music, the truth is i'm not a racist nor do I hate that type of music but what I dont like is arseholes like this guy going around stating he's a big time journo with hundreds of sources spreading endless shit just to suit his own personal preference. i could go on but i think anyone of a normal mind can see through this guy and what his intentions/agendas are.

4. You Xbots started all this

After the 540p Alan Wake farce which doesnt matter to PS3 looneys now since the Red Dead Redemption 640p whatever the fuck issue there is a common trait of who started what and who said what with a saying I've read many times during these arguments "xbots started all the abuse, critical of the ps3".

my opinion: While I cant 100% say for a fact who is right and wrong I can from what I remember think back to the time of E3 2005, when Sony and Microsoft went to war with Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Microsoft chose to show things in Alpha stage while Sony showed a load of trailers.

Following Kazuo Hirai’s line of thought, Kutaragi also said that “the Xbox 360 is more of an Xbox 1.5 than a next generation console.”

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8376/Kutaragi-Xbox-360-is-Simply-Xbox-15/

Now the Sony fans went to town with this comment, even when the 360 was launched "xbox 1.5" bla bla bla. I remember it but I also remember the comment and the trolling of it didnt stop me purchasing a Xbox 360 and to say its meant to be 1.5 its done pretty well hasnt it? afro

All in all, Sony are great at word of mouth, the word on the street that type of thing. I'm still waiting to experience the emotion engine in the PS2 and i'm waiting on 4d for my playstation 3. Word of mouth is great at manipulating those who are inexperienced, in this instance video games which is one of the reasons I suspect why the fanboys are so relentless in their task to shove PS3 in the faces of anyone and everyone all just to make themselves feel better. See beyond it and be yourself, dont get wound up too much about these cretins, they are at a level you will hopefully never aspire to.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 10:04 am

So very true. Awesome post.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:05 am

Welcome to the forum Optimus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:15 am

HellJumper wrote:
Welcome to the forum Optimus Very Happy

thank you sir Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:25 pm

welcome to the forum dude..i see that you are a big 360 fan and thats respectable,you remind me of me,except that i prefer the ps3 just a tiny bit more
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Haha amazing post! It was very fun to read! You definately seem to know what you're talking about. Smile
anywho, welcome to the republic! Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll fit in just right. I do have to warn you though, PS3 fantards like to troll here, and although we try to ban them as best we can, you may still have to deal with the "cretins" from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Off topic but are you gonna get the Transformers - War for Cybertron game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:48 pm

Welcome to the forum! It's got a great community. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:13 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Off topic but are you gonna get the Transformers - War for Cybertron game?

yes
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:17 am

Nice post man. Hope you have a good time here.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:28 am

thank you kind sir and remember E3 is going to be awful for trolls, they will swarm the net like flies to a huge mound of shit so dont fall for it

there is something i must clear up here aswell, yes i'm a fan of the 360 and some of the over the top attacks it gets makes me make posts like my first but i also play the playstation 3, i know what its about, i've played its exclusives online and offline and although I think its a good system but as my friend who is a playstation fan (not a fanboy) said to me in a e-mail

"The worst thing about the PS3 is the blinkered little cretins who spout rubbish about its superiority on the internet. For ‘fans’ they certainly do a good job of sullying my enjoyment of said console; they add nothing, only take away"

i cant argue with that

Last edited by optimusprime on Wed May 26, 2010 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:58 am

optimusprime wrote:
thank you kind sir and remember E3 is going to be awful for trolls, they will swarm the net like flies to a huge mound of shit so dont fall for it

there is something i must clear up here aswell, yes i'm a fan of the 360 and some of the over the top attacks it gets makes me make posts like my first but i also play the playstation 3, i know what its about, i've played its exclusives online and offline and although I think its a good system but as my friend who is a playstation fan (not a fanboy) said to me in a e-mail

"The worst thing about the PS3 is the blinkered little cretins who spout rubbish about its superiority on the internet. For ‘fans’ they certainly do a good job of sullying my enjoyment of said console; they add nothing, only take away"

i cant argue with that

Fair enough lol, lots of people here play PS3 and feel the same way. Love the system, hate the die-hard fanboys.
And your friend speaks the truth XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:14 am

Nice topic...welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey how do i get my avatar? I cant find it rite on my profile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Post - Xbox Republic   First Post - Xbox Republic Empty

Back to top Go down

First Post - Xbox Republic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: