This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer

Go down 
+2
DemonWolf
Pickles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer Empty
PostSubject: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:01 pm

http://www.cracked.com/article_18571_5-reasons-its-still-not-cool-to-admit-youre-gamer.html

Great article about how gamers are jackasses( not me, of course).

Quote :
Let's get this out of the way right now: The only reason I don't have more game consoles hooked to my TV is because I'm out of ports on the back for cables to plug into, and I don't want to have to get off the sofa to switch over. I've been playing video games since the Carter administration. So do not compare me to Roger "I never play video games yet dismiss them as worthless" Ebert here. Just... don't. I would have taken my SNES as my date to senior prom if they had let me.

But the thing is, I grew up. Gaming didn't.

Why? Why is it that of all my many hobbies--reading, motocross, Gun Kata--only gaming lowers my sense of self worth? Maybe it's because...

That's not all of the article. Click on the link to read the rest. It's so good it's not even funny.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:22 pm

It also shows something about user reviews. Most of them don't even play the games that they're reviewing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Quote :
Eastern European Man Bent on Revenge Kills Everyone in New York.

LOL i laughed there.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Hahahaha
awesome read!

Quote :
Who's that woman Alan is talking to up there? Where are they going? How does it play into the story? What emotions is this scene going to elicit? Tension? Dread? Humor? HOW CAN YOU WORRY ABOUT SUCH THINGS WHEN THE ROLL CAGE ON HIS PICKUP TRUCK ONLY HAS A 19:25 PIXEL RATIO.

Love it XD

I think he's kinda too extreme at some points, eg: the sex stuff.

Who cares if some games are slightly sex-oriented at a few points? It's not glorified in that many games except a couple like Dead Or Alive. lol

Btw I loved the Spore pic:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 1:16 am

demondragondude wrote:
Hahahaha
awesome read!

Quote :
Who's that woman Alan is talking to up there? Where are they going? How does it play into the story? What emotions is this scene going to elicit? Tension? Dread? Humor? HOW CAN YOU WORRY ABOUT SUCH THINGS WHEN THE ROLL CAGE ON HIS PICKUP TRUCK ONLY HAS A 19:25 PIXEL RATIO.

Love it XD

Who cares if some games are slightly sex-oriented at a few points? It's not glorified in that many games except a couple like Dead Or Alive. lol

His point is that when a girl sees a guy playing God of War III and sees Kratos doing Aphrodite some shit is gonna go down. God of War III has sold like 3 million copies. That says something about us gamers, well, not us specifically but those who own a ps3. Developers KNOW that most gamers still see women as just objects to masturbate to.
But, to be honest, I don't see any 360 exclusive that really shows sex in that kind of way. Prove me wrong forum.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:56 am

Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Hahahaha
awesome read!

Quote :

Love it XD

His point is that when a girl sees a guy playing God of War III and sees Kratos doing Aphrodite some shit is gonna go down. God of War III has sold like 3 million copies. That says something about us gamers, well, not us specifically but those who own a ps3. Developers KNOW that most gamers still see women as just objects to masturbate to.
But, to be honest, I don't see any 360 exclusive that really shows sex in that kind of way. Prove me wrong forum.

So your saying that ps3 owners see women as objects? that is the most disturbing disrespectful thing ive heard from a gamer, you think i and the other 3 million people bought God of War 3 just so we could see Kratos do Aphrodite?

"Developers KNOW that most gamers still see women as just objects to masturbate to" yeah cuz thats whats going into developers minds when they are making a game right? objects to masturbate to? seek help dude
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:32 am

igame wrote:
Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Hahahaha
awesome read!

Quote :

Love it XD

So your saying that ps3 owners see women as objects? that is the most disturbing disrespectful thing ive heard from a gamer, you think i and the other 3 million people bought God of War 3 just so we could see Kratos do Aphrodite?

"Developers KNOW that most gamers still see women as just objects to masturbate to" yeah cuz thats whats going into developers minds when they are making a game right? objects to masturbate to? seek help dude

LOL. 3 million people didnt buy god of war 3 to watch a 30 second sex scene and Santa Monica didn't intent the gamers to masturbate over a videogame character.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:30 am

I agree with the entire article, with one exception. Halo is more than "Space Soldier shoots aliens". I'm actually tired of people ignoring Halo's story, characters, back-story, and plot and then complain that it doesn't have any.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:51 am

Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Hahahaha
awesome read!

Quote :

Love it XD

Nah you're wrong.
Well...he kinds of means that but he's kind of wrong.
People didn't buy the game because of that and I'm sure even he didn't claim that was the case and of course it's not supposed to be masturbated over because it's over in a couple of secs and you don't even see any of the sex happening! lmao
It's just a minigame there for fun. Razz It establishes the character of Kratos (slightly) and gives you a fun reason to do those quick-time-events.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:49 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
I agree with the entire article, with one exception. Halo is more than "Space Soldier shoots aliens". I'm actually tired of people ignoring Halo's story, characters, back-story, and plot and then complain that it doesn't have any.

There is more story, characters, back-story, and plot to every one of those games. It was meant as a joke
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:30 am

igame wrote:
Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Hahahaha
awesome read!

Quote :

Love it XD

Oops. Let me rephrase that. David Wong said it best anyways:
Quote :
Sex is part of life, so it should naturally be part of our movies and TV shows and games. But these are the digital equivalent of inflatable sex dolls. It's embarrassing and insulting, not because I'm a staunch feminist, but because I don't like the assumption it's making about me (that I'm an emotionally stunted, sexually frustrated teenage male)

Lol that's what I meant. Sorry if I offended anybody in my previous post.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:04 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

There is more story, characters, back-story, and plot to every one of those games. It was meant as a joke

Actually he was being serious, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Pickles wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Actually he was being serious, I think.

No, about the thing where it said it was just a shooter with aliens. They all have stories, characters, ect.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:35 pm

that thread is so fxcking true ._.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer   5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer Empty

Back to top Go down

5 Reasons It's still Not Cool to Admit You're a Gamer
Page 1 of 1