This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review Empty
PostSubject: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 3:28 pm

Quake 2 was an absolute hit for PC gaming back in the 90s. It was overwhelmed with great reviews and a lot of people were fans of ID Software back then. Quake 2 is basically a great game to those that love the ID games or FPS in general. However, Quake 2 did somewhat change its theme compared to the first game, but it's very similar overall.

The storyline isn't really amazing. It's another typical FPS storyline. You are playing a marine named Bitterman and you are humanity's last hope. Every human beings are dead or tortured and it's up to you to save the day. How do you save the day? Kill every Strogg (some sort of robotic alien lifeforms) you see and it's leader Makron.

The graphics for 1997 were amazing and it set the standards back then. The textures looked amazing, color is beautiful, and it's not too blocky. The sound it self is also great. Every weapons sound great in terms of how they look. The Strogg sound appropriate and it's not overdone or it feels like something is missing. The music is AMAZING. They are similar to Doom's music-they'll pump you up and sometimes fit the atmosphere. A lot of the music are well crafted industrial rock and metal. Overall, the graphics and sound department are top notch in performance.

Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review Quake_2_screen
You don't want to mess with those guys.
Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review Quake2
All alone in the world of Strogg.

Quake 2 is notably slower in terms of pacing compared to the first game, but it's still a pretty fast paced game. The gunplay feels much better than the original game mainly cause of the sound and the weapons look much better in first person view. The design is of balancing every weapons is also good too. For example, the Double Barrel Shotgun will be your best friend in msot situations, but the Chaingun is easily the better gun, but it loses ammo very fast. It's very similar to Quake and the Doom games (it also features a gun called the BFG-10k-a Doom reference). You basically have health, armor, a lot of weapons, power-ups and your main goal is to kill everything. There's also secrets to make the game more forgiving on harder difficulties which there are only three: Easy, Normal, and Hard. Hard isn't really much a big difference from Normal-they just deal a lil bit more damage pretty much. Quake 2 also features hubs where you can go back to a "level" and open some a door with this certain acess key-so that means there are no true levels. It's like an act with levels in it and you can go back if you want to. Compared to Quake 1, it feels more realistic since everything's a bit toned down, but it feels very faithful to the action department of Quake. Quake 2 has a futuristic theme unlike the first game where it has a medieval theme and the Stroggs were like demons and monsters instead of aliens. Most of the time, the game will do an excellent job giving you a fun time in the single player department and there's a lot of stuff to kill with a good amount of variety in enemies.

The multiplayer is usually known as the Quake series best thing and it's very similar to the first game at its core. So if you enjoy the first game, there will be a chance you will enjoy the second one. The Xbox 360 version features an exclusive system link up to 16 players, split screen up to 4, and the Co-Op is the same thing.

Quake 2 in most people's eye was one of the best FPS games for the PC and it was a great sequel to the original Quake even though there's quite a bit of changes. Now in this day and age, new-gen games can now have a chance to play one of the best games for the PC in 1997 and understand what made it a big hit in the past.

Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review Quake_2_ard
The beautiful Quake 2 symbol.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Nice review!! Very Happy

I remember ages ago I saw this game in a shop (I was really young then I think ) and I really wanted it but never had the money. Then one day I asked my parents to buy it for me but it was out of stock and I had forgotten the name of the game Sad

But yeah.....anyway..

I enjoyed your review. It was interesting Razz And it wasn't like a typical review, it seemed more like an article to me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Thanks for the reponse. I do enjoy my reviews, but I always seem to have some misspelling or a couple of words that's not supposed to be added.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:37 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
Thanks for the reponse. I do enjoy my reviews, but I always seem to have some misspelling or a couple of words that's not supposed to be added.

np. It's a good review, the only problem I saw was: "Every weapons sound great in terms of how they look"
I don't think that makes sense lol. I think I see what you mean, do you mean that the weapon sound suits the weapon that it is?
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:44 am

I got Quake 2 on PC and special edition of Quake 4 on PC. tongue
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:10 am

Great review!
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

np. It's a good review, the only problem I saw was: "Every weapons sound great in terms of how they look"
I don't think that makes sense lol. I think I see what you mean, do you mean that the weapon sound suits the weapon that it is?
What I mean is like how the weapons look with its firing sound makes it sound right. Like the machine gun isn't too big, it's a pretty light gun and when you fire it, it doesn't all chuggy like a chaingun, it sounds light and strong like a SMG and it fits it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:19 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

What I mean is like how the weapons look with its firing sound makes it sound right. Like the machine gun isn't too big, it's a pretty light gun and when you fire it, it doesn't all chuggy like a chaingun, it sounds light and strong like a SMG and it fits it.

Ah I see. Razz You should write that instead. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review   Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Quake 2 (Quake 4 Bonus Disc) Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: