This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...

Go down 
+4
M3A7L04F
TheJester
ghost23
Alan1994
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... Empty
PostSubject: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:04 am

I hope the 1200 points don't become a norm....That's just way to much for one mappack. The Dark Corners mappack for Gears 2 was that much and it came with a campaign segment AND 7 maps.

Comments?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:12 am

It is very pricey but I'm afraid that its likely going to stay that was because the Stimulus package showed that people are still gonna throw down 1200MSP. It sold millions on both PSN and XBL (More on XBL obviously).
The Gears 2 All Fronts package is the best deal on XBL. 800MSP for 19 maps and a campaign level.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 am

ghost23 wrote:
It is very pricey but I'm afraid that its likely going to stay that was because the Stimulus package showed that people are still gonna throw down 1200MSP. It sold millions on both PSN and XBL (More on XBL obviously).
The Gears 2 All Fronts package is the best deal on XBL. 800MSP for 19 maps and a campaign level.

I don't care if it's just COD mappacks that are going to be priced like this...I just don't want games like Halo to do it..
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:23 am

Alan1994 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I don't care if it's just COD mappacks that are going to be priced like this...I just don't want games like Halo to do it..

Halo and CoD are probably the only two console games who are big enough to price like this. Because there are some diehard players who will continue playing and buying. If some of the smaller games, Bioshock 2, did this then it would sell like crap.
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:35 am

I doubt Halo would price a mappack this high. The reason CoD's pricings have been BS lately is because it's published by Activision. 3 new maps for $15. I don't really count the 2 old ones because it is not that hard to port over old maps, especially because the game is running on the same engine as CoD4. I'm glad Black Ops is getting dedicated servers back for PC though (sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to start a flame war as I'm not haha) because that means free custom maps, and no lag.

God I hate Activision, though >=[
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:24 pm

CoD sucks.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:13 pm

TheJester wrote:
I doubt Halo would price a mappack this high. The reason CoD's pricings have been BS lately is because it's published by Activision. 3 new maps for $15. I don't really count the 2 old ones because it is not that hard to port over old maps, especially because the game is running on the same engine as CoD4. I'm glad Black Ops is getting dedicated servers back for PC though (sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to start a flame war as I'm not haha) because that means free custom maps, and no lag.

Well, Bungie now has an exclusive deal with Activision Sad after Reach ofcourse....I hope Activision doesn't have influence on the Halo series. I'm renting Black Ops to see if it's any good. I'm tired of the same ol' COD games I want something knew...Atleast Reach is introducing new stuff to keep the experience fresh..
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TheJester wrote:

Well, Bungie now has an exclusive deal with Activision Sad after Reach ofcourse....I hope Activision doesn't have influence on the Halo series. I'm renting Black Ops to see if it's any good. I'm tired of the same ol' COD games I want something knew...Atleast Reach is introducing new stuff to keep the experience fresh..

Activision cannot lay a single one of their dirty fingers on Halo. Halo is completely operated and owned by Microsoft Games Studios and 343 Industries. Rest assured that Halo will not burn and crash to the ground like Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk and many other Activision properties.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:12 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TheJester wrote:

Activision cannot lay a single one of their dirty fingers on Halo. Halo is completely operated and owned by Microsoft Games Studios and 343 Industries. Rest assured that Halo will not burn and crash to the ground like Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk and many other Activision properties.
and every sport game known to man
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:16 pm

ghost23 wrote:
You're kidding me!?
Shite, I need Gears 2!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:18 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TheJester wrote:

and every sport game known to man

Hell yeah.
Sports suck.
Sport games suck even more.
But nothing sucks more than watching sport.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:12 am

demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
You're kidding me!?
Shite, I need Gears 2!

Yeah. It is amazing how cheap the Gears 2 content is compared to MW2.
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:31 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
CoD sucks.
New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... LOL-WUT-IT
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:35 am

After CoD4, they have all sucked. It's failed to do anything new and the community is now just full of douchebags of all ages
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:55 am

ghost23 wrote:
After CoD4, they have all sucked. It's failed to do anything new and the community is now just full of douchebags of all ages

I disagree.I highly doubt MW2 would have gotten AAA score if it sucked,And WAW was awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:30 am

HellJumper wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I disagree.I highly doubt MW2 would have gotten AAA score if it sucked,And WAW was awesome!!!

Hype gives higher scores.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...   New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks... Empty

Back to top Go down

New pricing on Call of Duty mappacks...
Page 1 of 1