This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xbox "720" Predictions

Go down 
+12
DemonWolf
Aero250
II XShogunX II
xero135
dudeoftheages
thydavidcome
hysteria108
343_Guilty_Spark
GeneralMLD
Omiee
arnt god of war
Zombl337
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

Xbox "720" Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:48 pm

I feel it will have a Quad-Core 3.2Ghz CPU w/ 2 hardware threads per core giving it power like the Cell CPU, 1GB of RAM, 250GB HDD, Blu-Ray player, WiFi, a video card equal to 1.5x-2x the power of the 360s, and of course an Xbox LIVE service that has amazing new features that make it feel like a new service all over again.

I dont feel much more will be added. Graphics would be able to be a little better without leaps and bounds, have similar architecture to the Xbox 360, and be able to do a lot more.....this will be good for fans (cheaper console) and good for devs & publishers (cheaper game costs).

So what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:24 pm

well i disagree since they say theyre gonna make the 360 last 10 years affraid i really dont think there going for bluray more like theyll make something that holds about 15-50gbs or more that runs as FAST AS DVD or faster aim for the sun
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 pm

arntson wrote:
well i disagree since they say theyre gonna make the 360 last 10 years affraid i really dont think there going for bluray more like theyll make something that holds about 15-50gbs or more that runs as FAST AS DVD or faster aim for the sun

There are already 50GB Blu-Ray Discs on some PS3 games, and Blu-Ray Discs are out there with 200GB+ of data on one disc. Also, Blu-Ray @ 6x read speed, is faster than DVD @ 12x read speed. Plus, All HD Movies are going to be on Blu-Ray for the near future, and with 200GB of space on a disc, it won't be obselete for 10+ yrs. Blu-ray is also Backward Compatible with DVD and CD. If Microsoft doesn't include a Blu-Ray player in the next Xbox, they will be shooting themselves in the foot.
Back to top Go down
Omiee
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Omiee

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
arntson wrote:

There are already 50GB Blu-Ray Discs on some PS3 games, and Blu-Ray Discs are out there with 200GB+ of data on one disc. Also, Blu-Ray @ 6x read speed, is faster than DVD @ 12x read speed. Plus, All HD Movies are going to be on Blu-Ray for the near future, and with 200GB of space on a disc, it won't be obselete for 10+ yrs. Blu-ray is also Backward Compatible with DVD and CD. If Microsoft doesn't include a Blu-Ray player in the next Xbox, they will be shooting themselves in the foot.

QFT, they need bluray next console cicle, and i guess they should put in natal with every 360 sold.
make the sound not like a fucking jet and pull the failure rate down.
As for contrroller make it have a better dpad than the one it has now, and leave the rest the way it is.
and make online for free
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:19 pm

Omiee wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
arntson wrote:

QFT, they need bluray next console cicle, and i guess they should put in natal with every 360 sold.
make the sound not like a fucking jet and pull the failure rate down.
As for contrroller make it have a better dpad than the one it has now, and leave the rest the way it is.
and make online for free
no no i dont want online free i like funding microsoft if psn wasnt free ps3 would most likely be making a prophet
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: 720 prediction   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:25 pm

I predict a Holiday 2010 release alongside Natal or an early 2011 release.

They basically bundle Natal with the 360 AND the next Xbox.

MS will basically say "you have the choice to experience natal on both platforms"

Essentially the 360 will be kept alive based on casuals going NUTS for Natal and the early hardcore gamer adopters will by the next Xbox.

Conclusion: 360 stays on the market longer and 720 gets a head start on PS4...........genius.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: MY Xbox Next Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:28 pm

The Next Xbox...

1. won't have a number like the 360.

2. will have a subtitle like Xbox Delta. (Just an example)

3. will use a multi-core multi-thread Power PC CPU. Possibly derived from the Cell or Xenon technology.

4. will have a powerful graphics chip based on the most powerful Nvidia or Ati chip available.

5. will have Natal or Natal 2 built in.

6. will have Blu-Ray or new high capacity media with Blu-Ray compatibility.

7. will use the same controllers

8. will continue to use excellent Xbox Live online services.

9. will release slightly before PS4.

10. will launch with new Halo game, probably developed by Bungie or in partnership with Bungie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:35 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
I predict a Holiday 2010 release alongside Natal or an early 2011 release.

They basically bundle Natal with the 360 AND the next Xbox.

MS will basically say "you have the choice to experience natal on both platforms"

Essentially the 360 will be kept alive based on casuals going NUTS for Natal and the early hardcore gamer adopters will by the next Xbox.

Conclusion: 360 stays on the market longer and 720 gets a head start on PS4...........genius.

I wouldnt be surprised if they did that, and then have it so Halo Reach plays flawlessly on both Xbox 360 & Xbox 720.
Back to top Go down
Omiee
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Omiee

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:44 pm

they need something that somebody else does not have
like PS did with CD
and PS2 did with DVD in the beging
and PS3 with bluray and WII with motion controller stuff
the new xbox has to have something the other consoles dont have on launch so they are steps in front, all microsoft was doing this gen is catching up by paying for exlusives to go multiplatform and now getting motion controller stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Omiee wrote:
like PS did with CD
the new xbox has to have something the other consoles dont have on launch so they are steps in front, all microsoft was doing this gen is catching up by paying for exlusives to go multiplatform and now getting motion controller stuff.

While Sony copied all of the PS3's features from 360 & Wii....good job Sony.
Back to top Go down
Omiee
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Omiee

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
Omiee wrote:
like PS did with CD

Well in a way sony had eyetoy before natal or wii came out.
And they did have something new this gen with their bluray and open hardware to HDD and bluray headsets and keyboards.
wii had its motion controller.
360 was trying to do the same as ps3 with HDDVD but it dident work.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Omiee wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
Omiee wrote:
like PS did with CD

And they did have something new this gen with their bluray and open hardware to HDD and bluray headsets and keyboards.

That is total bullshit and you know it.

Eyetoy on the PS2 and even the PS3 is nothing like what Natal is designed to be. It may evolve into a Natal like product by that is not what it was or is to this day.

You're right about the Blu-Ray but that was really just so Sony could push the cheaper faster competitor out of the market. HD-DVD was a superior medium and Sony didn't want to end up like they did with the Beta Max so they pushed it and pushed it and pushed it. The Six Axis was a half assed attempt to get some of the Wii populatity. It didn't work and the six axis is a joke, that's why they are working on an Eyetoy wand addon.

As for the HD-DVD drive addon for the 360. It was never meant to be a like the PS3 drive. It was for movies only, not games. Microsoft only supported HD-DVD as a way to combat Sony. All they wanted was an alternative to Blue-Ray winning so the PS3 would be stuck with an expensive drive nobody wanted. It's too bad MS didn't include HD-DVD in the Xbox 360 cause it probably would have jump started the HD movement early and caused Blu-Ray to go out like Beta Max.

Don't bother posting if all your going to do is sugar coat everything about Sony and try to make it sound like your not shitting on Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Omiee wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
Omiee wrote:
like PS did with CD

Yea its about enough of every post being completely biased towards PS3. It's like your taking a piece of shit, and sprinkling sugar on it so it doesn't look as bad, and thats what EVERY SINGLE one of your posts has been.....keep it up and you will be banned, stop being a biased asshole.
Back to top Go down
hysteria108

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:02 am

i think that the 720 is just going to blow the ps4 away considering the fact that natal is coming. and at e3 all sony showed was a wand. and i do think the 720 should get a blue ray. all new dvd's are coming in blue ray. dvd is going to be the next VCR
Back to top Go down
thydavidcome
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:21 am

If they use blu-ray guess who gets licencing fees *cough cough sony*

I highly doubt MS would want to pay licensing fees to sony. After all it would be giving funding for the PS4.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:29 am

thydavidcome wrote:

I highly doubt MS would want to pay licensing fees to sony. After all it would be giving funding for the PS4.
which is why theyll come up with something better and blu ray will disappear like umd which i heard is going to may be wrong about umd
Back to top Go down
thydavidcome
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:48 am

arntson wrote:
thydavidcome wrote:

which is why theyll come up with something better and blu ray will disappear like umd which i heard is going to may be wrong about umd

Blu-ray won't disappear. Consumers are very stubborn.

Besides lets say MS makes 1440p disks or w/e, it wont matter because very few people own such expensive tvs. Blu-ray is here to stay for a long time. I highly doubt MS will try to tackle it.

Besides by the time the "720" comes out Blu-ray will be the standard format. DVD's will start to dissipate.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:51 am

thydavidcome wrote:
arntson wrote:
thydavidcome wrote:

Besides lets say MS makes 1440p disks or w/e, it wont matter because very few people own such expensive tvs. Blu-ray is here to stay for a long time. I highly doubt MS will try to tackle it.

Besides by the time the "720" comes out Blu-ray will be the standard format. DVD's will start to dissipate.
no lol i didnt mean tackle blurays graphics i mean size and speed and you gotta realize its not like its not impossible for another format to tackle blu ray
Back to top Go down
dudeoftheages
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
dudeoftheages

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:42 am

arntson wrote:
thydavidcome wrote:
arntson wrote:
thydavidcome wrote:

no lol i didnt mean tackle blurays graphics i mean size and speed and you gotta realize its not like its not impossible for another format to tackle blu ray

I would be willing to bet money that DVD will continue to be popular all the way till the end of Blu-Ray when a nuew cheaper better formate replaces them both or Download becomes so popular that people stop buying stuff in stores.
Back to top Go down
xero135
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
xero135

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:38 am

idk about putting natal in every system, until it comes out and we see what games work well with it, im predicting its going to be pretty gimicy but im sure it will get a lot of casuals to the 360
Back to top Go down
xero135
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
xero135

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:44 am

the 720 is most likely going to have bluray. sony actually did good with bluray the learned from there beta max experience that its not just enough to have a better quality picture you also need space, thats why beta lost the tape could only hold 60 mins. on it but the picture quality was way better.
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:04 am

xero135 wrote:
the 720 is most likely going to have bluray. sony actually did good with bluray the learned from there beta max experience that its not just enough to have a better quality picture you also need space, thats why beta lost the tape could only hold 60 mins. on it but the picture quality was way better.

There is a disc in development called "Holographic Media Disc" that can hold up to 3 Terrabyte of data.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 am

If PS4 has a Blu-Ray drive (which it most likely will, duh), then Microsoft would be smart to include a Blu-Ray drive into the Xbox 720. That way devs will have the same media to work with and will only have to worry about coding for each console and not worrying how to burn images to a newer format AGAIN.
Back to top Go down
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:47 am

Too hard to predict.

Im fine with the Xbox 360 right now. Devs still have not hit it's limits.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Well, I'll wait and see.
As long as 720 has the best library of the next generation of systems (better library than ps4 and Nintendo wii2 lol) then I'll buy it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" Predictions   Xbox "720" Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox "720" Predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Hardware-
Jump to: