This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sony taking it to the next level

Go down 
+4
Ozsem
Stoney
lightlamp
DemonWolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Sony taking it to the next level Empty
PostSubject: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Well we've mocked Sony for quite a while for all their phails and shortcomings over the last few years. But I've noticed recently that they're beginning to act a bit more like Microsoft.

One example is how they're obtaining some exclusive content on games, eg:

Arkham Asylum
Just Cause 2
Red Dead Redemption
and so on

Another example is the way they're actually managing to get companies that usually only develop for Microsoft to develop for them too, eg: Valve!

They've also managed to get a deal with Coca Cola, advertising ps3's on the coke cans. Pretty impressive stuff.

And let's not forget that they're charging for Psn too now!

Those are just a few of examples. They're definately stepping it up.
I guess that's kinda arguable seeing as psn sounds like a bit of a rip off considering you get still a lot less than XBL but hey, surely with the case they get they can make lots of improvements.

So my point is, in 2010, finally Sony is becoming more serious competition.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:17 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Well we've mocked Sony for quite a while for all their phails and shortcomings over the last few years. But I've noticed recently that they're beginning to act a bit more like Microsoft.

Arkham Asylum
Just Cause 2
Red Dead Redemption
and so on

Another example is the way they're actually managing to get companies that usually only develop for Microsoft to develop for them too, eg: Valve!

They've also managed to get a deal with Coca Cola, advertising ps3's on the coke cans. Pretty impressive stuff.

I guess that's kinda arguable seeing as psn sounds like a bit of a rip off considering you get still a lot less than XBL but hey, surely with the case they get they can make lots of improvements.

What do you guys think?
Yep in 2009 Sony started to be serious and went more competitive with the 360 and in 2010 the competition is even stronger. It will be interesting to see what Microsoft can do to counter Sony this time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:26 pm

True, Sony is stepping it up. But with PSN, I know me, and lots of other, won't get it because it does not offer cross game chat. Until they get that, they will not see many PSN premium subscribers. Until they can offer more with PSN, XBL will get my money. But yeah, the coke deal is a pretty big thing. Millions of people drink Coke every day.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:30 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Arkham Asylum
Just Cause 2
Red Dead Redemption
and so on

What do you guys think?
Yep in 2009 Sony started to be serious and went more competitive with the 360 and in 2010 the competition is even stronger. It will be interesting to see what Microsoft can do to counter Sony this time

Indeed!

Well I think the timed exclusive cod dlc should do the trick at making up for lack of a few bits of content which ps3 had in some games. The new additions to XBL widen the already pretty big gap between the two online services. The new 360 slim and the release of Microsoft's motion controller should be enough to sway people away from the attraction of ps3 (through the coke cans) and towards Microsoft.
Microsoft can hold their own for sure, I just think Sony are making big steps now.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:31 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
True, Sony is stepping it up. But with PSN, I know me, and lots of other, won't get it because it does not offer cross game chat. Until they get that, they will not see many PSN premium subscribers. Until they can offer more with PSN, XBL will get my money. But yeah, the coke deal is a pretty big thing. Millions of people drink Coke every day.

Yeah I know what you mean. Btw if you don't pay for psn can you still play online?

And yeah I drink coke almost every couple of days myself XD I think I'm gonna have to switch to pepsi so I don't fall into the temptation of getting a ps3! lmao
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Sony is a multi-billion dollar company so I expect no less. Microsoft will need to think of something to keep gamers on their console, because it will be only a matter of time before MS are in last place.

If MS want to stay were they are they need to release more quality excusives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean. Btw if you don't pay for psn can you still play online?

And yeah I drink coke almost every couple of days myself XD I think I'm gonna have to switch to pepsi so I don't fall into the temptation of getting a ps3! lmao

Haha, if you ask me the PS3 is way worth it. But yes, everything you get with PSN (not much lol) right now will stay free, they are just adding some ok features for the overpriced fee of $50. I do not mind paying for XBL because it has one of greatest online services ever, but what they are adding with PSN is not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:48 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
True, Sony is stepping it up. But with PSN.

Which isn't much since PSN isn't no where near Live standards. Whats even worse is that now PSN will proberly have to make people pay a monthly fee with plus just to get most of the content.
Back to top Go down
djsonic99
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
djsonic99

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:52 pm

ps3 had better games then us last year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:39 am

Ozsem wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
True, Sony is stepping it up. But with PSN.

Which isn't much since PSN isn't no where near Live standards. Whats even worse is that now PSN will proberly have to make people pay a monthly fee with plus just to get most of the content.

Well what is availible now is staying free, the paid sub service for PSN is optional. And hopefully it will get somewhere near live then.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:47 am

@ jubjub, yeah I am sure ps3 is worth it. Even though I don't see myself getting one sometime soon you do get what you pay for. Just saying Smile
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:36 pm

MS saving their ad $$$$$$$$$$$$ for Kinect and Reach.

wait and see.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Stoicwalker
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:25 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

They said it themselves at E3 that PSN Plus is optional, you don't have to upgrade to play online
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:11 pm

The thing i don't understand is PSN +. Who would pay for that if the online is still free? I don't get it...
Back to top Go down
Stoicwalker
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
The thing i don't understand is PSN +. Who would pay for that if the online is still free? I don't get it...
That's just it, it's optional. If you don't want it, it's solely up to you. If there are those who want additional online features, they'll upgrade
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony taking it to the next level   Sony taking it to the next level Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony taking it to the next level
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: