This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models Empty
PostSubject: GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models   GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Even Playstation Academy acknowledges this. I have to commend the dean for being a journalist first and PS3 fan second. I misjudged him before. And if he's reading this he has my apologies for doing so. As for the topic 4years development and the best they can do is 200 cars pulled from GT4? LMAO Anyway the comments to the article are LOL worthy.
http://www.playstationuniversity.com/gt5s-standard-cars-just-upscaled-gt4-models-4028/
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models   GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:08 am

There are some good comments there too:
Quote :
If that 800+ cars not having interior views is actually true, i’m passing on this game. That is just ridiculous and makes me not want to purchase it. So it might be a pass from me now.

Quote :

the cars in GT4 looked good for a PS2 game. they dont, however, look good for a PS3 game.

just look at all the jagged lines from low-polygon count. look at how the door seams/panel seams are merely black lines drawn on the texture of the car instead of actual seams between the panels. also, the wheel designs on GT4 cars were just sprites, no 3d spokes etc.

Forza 3 has 400+ cars, each painstakingly modelled with individual panels/headlights/wheels/interiors/etc. they look MUCH better than anything GT4 had to offer, and anyone saying otherwise is a complete and utter fanboy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models   GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:26 pm

GT4 came out february 2005.

That makes GT5 come out 5 YEARS and 8 MONTHS after.

All that and they only did 200 cars.............spending their time making sure the back seat looks realistic Razz
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models   GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:18 pm

So all you need is a PS2 and GT4 and you'll have already experienced 80 percent of GT5. lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models   GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:31 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
GT4 came out february 2005.

That makes GT5 come out 5 YEARS and 8 MONTHS after.

All that and they only did 200 cars.............spending their time making sure the back seat looks realistic Razz
Omg you're right! XD

Hahahaha fail.

I've honestly got nothing against Polyphony or Gran Turismo but even the most delusional ps3 fanboy should see how ridiculous that is!
One thing if it took 2 or 3 years. But four is ridiculous, five is beyond belief and almost 6 years is absolute EPIC FAIL no matter what way you see it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models   GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
So all you need is a PS2 and GT4 and you'll have already experienced 80 percent of GT5. lol

lol! QFT!

but nah, GT5 has a new engine and has damage (TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH!!) and decent physics (woot!). So maybe with GT4 you're experiencing 79.9999999 lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models   GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models Empty

Back to top Go down

GT5 standard cars are just upscaled GT4 models
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: