This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have a proposition.

Go down 
+5
spartan225
Noelol
ghost23
Freemon34'
Pickles
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

I have a proposition. Empty
PostSubject: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:40 pm

I think this should be a feature on these forums. Karma. Or something like that. It's basically the ability to rate other forum members. For example, if I start acting like a dick, everyone can rate me down.
Ex:
Pickles -43

It would give our community a way of policing this place. It would also make trolls even more obvious, you can't ignore a troll with a karma of -500.

However, a way to stop trolls from abusing this power would be to add a post limit. Maybe 200 posts to rate people up or down.

What d'ya think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:42 pm

I think its stupid to be honest. I mean if you dont like someone you could rate them down anyways, and could be easily corrupt.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:35 pm

The thing is that PS3 fanboys are normally so dumb that anyone can recognise them immediately and they can be banned.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:16 pm

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/ http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/ http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
THAT ISA BAD IDEA!!!
What if all of the mods and MLD are inactive?
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:27 pm

Bad idea. Trolls would just come on and give us real members bad karma anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:19 pm

spartan225 wrote:

Thats exactly what I was thinking
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:43 pm

I would have horrible karma........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:40 am

HellJumper wrote:
I would have horrible karma........

Yes, yes you would Twisted Evil lol jk
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:54 am

It would turn out bad though I think you should be able to rate posts positively or negatively for the fun of it! Very Happy

Also, on Xbox Live people give you positive or negative reviews. Our rating on Xbox can be our Republic ratings Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:45 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

That's why their should be a post limit. People have like 500 posts or more should be able to use it.
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Pickles wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

That's why their should be a post limit. People have like 500 posts or more should be able to use it.
People with 500 posts or more have more important opinons? is that what you think? Just because someone doesnt have a lot of posts doesnt mean their opinons arent relevent, and just because someone has a lot of posts doesnt mean their opinon is the best. You really didnt think this out did you?
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Even if karma was a good idea I'm not sure if it's possible for General MLD to implement it since this forum is using the top-forum.net service. I don't know what options they offer but if they don't have a karma feature built in it would probably be hard to add it to this forum.

I might be wrong though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:39 pm

spartan225 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

People with 500 posts or more have more important opinons? is that what you think? Just because someone doesnt have a lot of posts doesnt mean their opinons arent relevent, and just because someone has a lot of posts doesnt mean their opinon is the best. You really didnt think this out did you?

No, that way only members who we know for sure arent trolls. But we could lower it to like 200. No troll will reach that.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:46 am

I don't think it's a good idea, people could just rate people down for disagreeing with them.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:14 am

GGM wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea, people could just rate people down for disagreeing with them.

true but for the most part we all kind of see eye to eye, if our comments get rated down it's not as if were
going to feel stabbed in the back! Lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a proposition.   I have a proposition. Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a proposition.
Page 1 of 1