This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer Empty
PostSubject: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 am

Blacklight: Tango Down...this game is beastliness. It's a little like Cod with the graphics, classes, gametypes, but the gameplay is quite different, and there is nowhere near as much bullshit and has many different features. For example, there is no mini-map, you have something called the HRV (Hyper Reality Visor) instead which shows the location of all allies, enemies, and other important spots (health refill etc.). The game is like a sci-fi shooter (sci-fi doesn't always mean hair blowers with purple needles sticking out, i'm referring to it has some hi-tech equipment), you can move pretty quickly, the gameplay and controls are solid, the graphics are gorgeous (for an arcade game), It's on 360 and PC (as expected PS3 owners need to wait), it's online only, and most importantly, it's only $15. Or 1200 MS points in this case.

Get the trail game at least, you get 1 hour of playing with full access to online features, it's like a 700MB download. Try it and if you like it, then buy it. You also get to keep you're rank and unlocks you got during the trail, although you don't keep your leaderboard stats.

There are a few issues however. The spawn points could be fixed, the maps could be a little bigger (or at least not stuff 16 people in an FFA on a tiny ass map lol), and sometimes it takes a while to find games. However for $15 this could easily fix someones online FPS fix.

It's also got a co-op mode called Black ops which you can play by yourself or up to 4 people.

Some people bitch that the aiming is too loose, however this can easily be fixed be changing the sensitivity from 7 (not sure why it's so high) to something lower, i put mine on 6. And you can change your loadouts in game by pressing select (yes this actually took me a while to figure out, as well as many other people.)

There are also 12 maps and 7 game types. This game is by far better than many full retail FPS games IMO. Hell with a campaign this could pass off as a full retail game.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:50 am

It reminds me too much of Combat Arms Online from what I've played.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:45 pm

That sounds awesome. I will definetly check it out.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:14 am

Okay I'll download the trial.
Btw another MW2 killer is Timeshift. lol seriously, get it and I'll whoop your ass online!! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:35 am

demondragondude wrote:
Btw another MW2 killer is Timeshift. lol seriously, get it and I'll whoop your ass online!! Razz

I was tempted to get it the other day cause it was only 10 bucks Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:39 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

aaahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Damn wish you had! Sad
it's really fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:42 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

it's really fun!

I might, I got 90 bucks right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:17 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

it's really fun!

Complete ME 1 and then use the 90$ to buy ME 2!! And then use the rest for XBL. I just DL'd Kasumi's Lost Memory and the Overlord DLC just for some more play time.

God I love ME 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:06 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

it's really fun!

Complete ME 1 and then use the 90$ to buy ME 2!! And then use the rest for XBL. I just DL'd Kasumi's Lost Memory and the Overlord DLC just for some more play time.

God I love ME 2.

I got a friend who is giving me ME2 so I dont have to buy it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:45 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

it's really fun!

God I love ME 2.

I got a friend who is giving me ME2 so I dont have to buy it Very Happy

Nice! Make sure you have done all the side missions (collecting the Turian Isignias, Asari writings and Minerals etc etc) dont matter. Because you will want to go into ME 2 knowing that everything you did will carry over, and make sure also your happy with the main choices you made, because they will play a part, and some will play bigger part in ME 3.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Okay I've played Blacklight. I have to say it's amazing for an arcade game. Perhaps that's because Microsoft removed the size cap? Well it has visuals a lot better than Frontlines (a retail game), perhaps better than the early 360 Cod games.

The gameplay's fun but the hud annoys me and tbh it's too much like MW2 to be a mw2 "killer". Good fun and brilliant for xbla but against most retail fps's it's far from great. But that impression is based off no more than 6 mins of gameplay XD (I actually disconnected from the match 6 mins in because I kept dying lololol).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:16 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Nice! Make sure you have done all the side missions (collecting the Turian Isignias, Asari writings and Minerals etc etc) dont matter. Because you will want to go into ME 2 knowing that everything you did will carry over, and make sure also your happy with the main choices you made, because they will play a part, and some will play bigger part in ME 3.

Yeah I am on my second play through right now, with the same character, fixing some of the stuff I did wrong in my first play through, like Conrad your fan. I was mean to him then he died XD so yeah and I am gonna finish every side mission this time.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:18 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Yeah I am on my second play through right now, with the same character, fixing some of the stuff I did wrong in my first play through, like Conrad your fan. I was mean to him then he died XD so yeah and I am gonna finish every side mission this time.

Hang on, the fan....lmao how did he die? I'm nice to him. I'm also on a second playthrough. Not far in yet though. Completed that thing which the bridge where you drive the mako, kill zombies and those people who turned weird, and a lot of side quests.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Sorry for going off topic Stigma. If your nice to Verner you meet him in ME 2.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:24 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Hang on, the fan....lmao how did he die? I'm nice to him. I'm also on a second playthrough. Not far in yet though. Completed that thing which the bridge where you drive the mako, kill zombies and those people who turned weird, and a lot of side quests.

If you are mean to him then he wont come back, and in one elevator news message it said conrad attacked a group of turians (because he was trying to prove he was something). XD I felt bad when I was mean to him because I thought he was mentally challenged Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Haven't you guys been talking about ME2 on OTHER threads already?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah XD this is the Mass Effect Republic forum is it not?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:40 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

If you are mean to him then he wont come back, and in one elevator news message it said conrad attacked a group of turians (because he was trying to prove he was something). XD I felt bad when I was mean to him because I thought he was mentally challenged Very Happy haha

Haha!! Yes, feel guilt for what you;ve done!!!!! >Razz

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 pm

demondragondude wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah XD this is the Mass Effect Republic forum is it not?! Shocked

Yeah, jeeze Stigma, get it right Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Haha!! Yes, feel guilt for what you;ve done!!!!! >Razz

LOL! I did though, I hate being mean to mentally challenged people lmao
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:59 am

Lolol so you should!! The poor guy... Had enough problems before you came along! He thought he had enough hope to make It through his life and you threw it all away!!!! You tore him to peices!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Lolol so you should!! The poor guy... Had enough problems before you came along! He thought he had enough hope to make It through his life and you threw it all away!!!! You tore him to peices!!!!

IM SORRY D: lol on my second run through I was nice up until the 3rd encounter then I saved it there so I could go back and be mean and nice and I felt bad when he ran away crying Sad lol so I was nice to him haha. I convinced him to go home lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:45 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

IM SORRY D: lol on my second run through I was nice up until the 3rd encounter then I saved it there so I could go back and be mean and nice and I felt bad when he ran away crying Sad lol so I was nice to him haha. I convinced him to go home lol

Haha that's the spirit! Razz

I saw you playing when connected to LIVE so I did as well just for the sake of it. You got more achievements than me Sad
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:06 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

it's really fun!

God I love ME 2.
lol me2 is the shit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer   Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer Empty

Back to top Go down

Blacklight...MW2 and BFBC2 killer
Page 1 of 1