This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...

Go down 
+5
Blixtstorm
gigabite07
Inuboy1000
ghost23
Noelol
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... Empty
PostSubject: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:21 am

From Kotaku...

Quote :
Tim Schafer, the creator of classics like Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and Psychonauts, has some choice words to say about Activision boss Robert Kotick. Two of those words are "total" and "prick".

"His obligation is to his shareholders," Schafer tells Eurogamer. "Well, he doesn't have to be as much of a dick about it, does he? I think there is a way he can do it without being a total prick. It seems like it would be possible. It's not something he's interested in."

Schafer's beef is understandable, given his history with Kotick and Activision over the bungled publishing deal for his last game, Brutal Legend.

"He [Kotick] makes a big deal about not liking games, and I just don't think that attitude is good for games in general. I just don't think we're an industry of widgets," he adds.

"We can approach it like we approach bars of soap, where you're just trying to make the cheapest bar of soap. He definitely has that that kind of widget-maker attitude. I don't think he's great for the industry, overall. You can't just latch onto something when it's popular and then squeeze the life out of it and then move on to the next one. You have to at some point create something, build something."

"Hopefully he'll go back to another industry scene. He could go to an industry that makes more money. Ball bearings… something that suits his passions more. Weapons manufacturing?"

Tim Schafer, don't you ever change.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:31 am

QFT Tim Schafer!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Tim Schafer is now my hero.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Tim Schafer could be the next President of the United States and he would have my vote.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:56 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Tim Schafer could be the next President of the United States and he would have my vote.

Couldnt be worse than Obama Razz
Back to top Go down
gigabite07
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
gigabite07

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:03 am

he forget to end his sentence with"IRON HEADS UNITE"
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:56 am

Robert Kotick is the "tic" of the industries.

Sucks the life out of everything and moves on.....

Tim Schafer for CEO of Activision!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:54 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

YES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

I vote YES!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:42 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

QFT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

QFT!

YAY! Someone else who knows Obama is ruining the country!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:02 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

QFT!

Yes, me and my friends also share that view too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

QFT!

Same here. If history has shown us anything its that liberal agendas dont help the country, they ruin it. IE the great depression.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:32 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

QFT!

Same here. If history has shown us anything its that liberal agendas dont help the country, they ruin it. IE the great depression.

Yeah, add to that the poor economy and he keeps spending money on bad ideas and things we don't need and can't afford. I wish we elected someone who not only does things but actually does the right thing the right way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

QFT!

Yeah, add to that the poor economy and he keeps spending money on bad ideas and things we don't need and can't afford. I wish we elected someone who not only does things but actually does the right thing the right way.

Exactly! Congress aint helping much either...
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:14 pm

Nice,we are now talking about how Obama ruins the good ol USA.I dont like liberals but I dont think Obama is that bad,well he might not be good but who can be worse than bush?Atleast the USA has a black president,it is about time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:20 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Nice,we are now talking about how Obama ruins the good ol USA.I dont like liberals but I dont think Obama is that bad,well he might not be good but who can be worse than bush?Atleast the USA has a black president,it is about time

Bush was better than Obama. The Obama administration is the only administration ever, in the history of the US, to ever blame the previous administration for their problems. Thats just sad. Bush was not nearly as bad as people and the media say. And the race of the president means nothing to me, people say race doesn't matter, but then why is it such a big deal that we have a black president?

Ok now that my little rant is done lol, back to the topic. haha
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Bush was better than Obama. The Obama administration is the only administration ever, in the history of the US, to ever blame the previous administration for their problems. Thats just sad. Bush was not nearly as bad as people and the media say. And the race of the president means nothing to me, people say race doesn't matter, but then why is it such a big deal that we have a black president?

So very true about the racial bit, supposed anti-racists making a big deal out of a black president is pretty ironic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:26 pm

santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

So very true about the racial bit, supposed anti-racists making a big deal out of a black president is pretty ironic.

Exactly, if race didnt matter they wouldnt bring it up.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Well,Bush managed to get the entire world to hate him so I doubt that happened for no apperent reason
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Well,Bush managed to get the entire world to hate him so I doubt that happened for no apperent reason

Because of liberal media twisting words. They say he went to war for oil and stupid stuff like that, but he went to war to kill terrorists.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Because of liberal media twisting words. They say he went to war for oil and stupid stuff like that, but he went to war to kill terrorists.

Its been debated.

Either way,Bush invaded a country.That is wrong.And before you say "it was for a good cause" then the US might aswell invade every poor country out there controlled by a corrupt dictator(and trust me there is MANY out there)

There is properganda on both sides.

Im a conservative myself but I know that bush was a horrible president.He was a war dictator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:01 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Its been debated.

Either way,Bush invaded a country.That is wrong.And before you say "it was for a good cause" then the US might aswell invade every poor country out there controlled by a corrupt dictator(and trust me there is MANY out there)

There is properganda on both sides.

Im a conservative myself but I know that bush was a horrible president.He was a war dictator.

Obama is letting it go on, what does that tell you? Besides, even if Bush wants to go to war he can't without congress. Also the US is already the worlds most hated nation anyway.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:35 pm

HellJumper wrote:

Yep, Bush and Obama are opposites. Bush does things beneficial to the US and the world hates him. Obama does things harmful to the US (like removing a certain nuke policy) and people like him better. Anyway you look at it Bush was better. The rest of the world thinks Obama is better, but only because he only cares about his public image. He just does things to get people to like him.

Anything you do to buff up your own military for protection or you invade a nation full of terrorist will make everyone like you less for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Yep, Bush and Obama are opposites. Bush does things beneficial to the US and the world hates him. Obama does things harmful to the US (like removing a certain nuke policy) and people like him better. Anyway you look at it Bush was better. The rest of the world thinks Obama is better, but only because he only cares about his public image. He just does things to get people to like him.

Anything you do to buff up your own military for protection or you invade a nation full of terrorist will make everyone like you less for some reason.

OFT, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...   Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tim Schafer has something to say to Activision...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next