This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lets take a look at the facts..

Go down 
+7
Frank2368
IlovethePS3
Inuboy1000
DominicxD
Mindkiller
Ps3nogaemslol
Randomname
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Randomname

Lets take a look at the facts.. Empty
PostSubject: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Lets take a look at the facts once and for all.

First of all the xbox 360

- Doesn't have as many exclusives as many users of this forum like to believe. Titles such as Mass Effect and Splinter Cell and Left4Dead is easily a better experience on the pc.
- When you cut out these they 360 isn't left with as many exclusives that one could consider essential but rather hit or miss titles.
- These exclusives would be for instance Fable 2, but not Fable 3, Gears of War 2 and 3 but not 1, Halo 3, Tales of Vesperia and so on.
- Xbox live - Costs, but its still the superior experience but you don't get much what you pay for other than demos, and cross game chat compared to the ps3.
- Xbox live arcade is vastly superior to PSN, both in terms of quality and quantity. Regardless points system is favourable for microsoft. On the other hand many of the titles are available at other platforms and many of them play better on especially the PC.
- Has slightly better performance on multi-console titles but in terms of noticeability only a few select games such as Bayonetta and RDR you will actually see this without analyzing it with a microscope
- The cost of the 360 and PS3 is basically the same, even with newer models. The 360 was more expensive earlier this year when you considered LIVE + Recharger and Console and a lot more expensive if you had wireless connection. Now with the new brand 360 they end up with the same price, or maybe the 360 10-20 bucks cheaper. This is when you include essential live and recharger.
- Futures of exclusives isn't looking all that great,
- Kinect looks impressive, but all they seem to make are casual games that will be boring after an hour of playtime and will retail at 60bucks each.
- Older 360 has a big failure rate, as for the newer ones one would expect these to be gone, the disc scratch issue is reason for worry but really isn't a big problem as you won't most of the time need to move your console during gaming.
- While xbox live is a better service its cluttered with childs, much like here at xbox republic who sends hate mail after every loss, which I've had much less frequent at PSN, Wii or even the PC.
- Much of the exclusives released this year has disappointed.

And as for the PS3
- Offers FREE online with an OPTIONAL PSN+ online fee, which isn't really worth bothering with. PSN although uses real currency which is vastly superior compared to any point system, also they actually release things fror free time to time.
- Has more quality exclusives both in terms of quantity, and especially in terms of different genres. Note this is QUALITY exclusives, which would include exclusives 80 or over in metacritic which wasn't far overhyped from the start. This excludes LBP which also is on the PSP.
- As said the cost is just about the same, but over time the 360 is more expensive.
- A lot of people say the PSN has a lot of downtime, I can say I've only experienced once and that was during the april shift.
- Move is very accurate and responsive, but is expensive and likely gonna be shit.
- The controllers are just about equal, it all ends up being a preference. The ps3 has though the more expensive controller.
- Is a better choice in combination with most consoles, especially a PC as you get a bigger array of exclusives compared if you went 360 / PC.
- The PS3 continues to bring out exclusives, while the 360 is more uncertain. The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Ape Escape, Yakuza 4, Twisted Metal and Socom are just some of the exclusives that are confirmed to come out retail either this year or next year. While in comparision the 360 is getting some quality titles as well its not in as big quantity and what comes after this is more unsure, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, Codename: Kingdoms to name which I can actually come up with.
- Comes with a free rechager, and you can exchange harddiscs without paying very high fees for 360 special harddiscs which are terribly overpriced.

And yeah, both consoles are pretty damn fun to play at.

This isn't a console war, this is a ps3 bashing war where you all turn everything in favor of the 360 by making up your own rules like you're living in your own little dream world. Cheers from someone who owns every console this generation including a PC. You can be in denial as long as you won't but the ps3 and 360 isn't much different from each other and the 360 is far from as superior, if even at all any superior compared the ps3. Now I imagine this thread will get locked / deleted and whatever.
Back to top Go down
Ps3nogaemslol

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Randomname wrote:
Lets take a look at the facts once and for all.

First of all the xbox 360

- Doesn't have as many exclusives as many users of this forum like to believe. Titles such as Mass Effect and Splinter Cell and Left4Dead is easily a better experience on the pc.
- When you cut out these they 360 isn't left with as many exclusives that one could consider essential but rather hit or miss titles.
- These exclusives would be for instance Fable 2, but not Fable 3, Gears of War 2 and 3 but not 1, Halo 3, Tales of Vesperia and so on.
- Xbox live - Costs, but its still the superior experience but you don't get much what you pay for other than demos, and cross game chat compared to the ps3.
- Xbox live arcade is vastly superior to PSN, both in terms of quality and quantity. Regardless points system is favourable for microsoft. On the other hand many of the titles are available at other platforms and many of them play better on especially the PC.
- Has slightly better performance on multi-console titles but in terms of noticeability only a few select games such as Bayonetta and RDR you will actually see this without analyzing it with a microscope
- The cost of the 360 and PS3 is basically the same, even with newer models. The 360 was more expensive earlier this year when you considered LIVE + Recharger and Console and a lot more expensive if you had wireless connection. Now with the new brand 360 they end up with the same price, or maybe the 360 10-20 bucks cheaper. This is when you include essential live and recharger.
- Futures of exclusives isn't looking all that great,
- Kinect looks impressive, but all they seem to make are casual games that will be boring after an hour of playtime and will retail at 60bucks each.
- Older 360 has a big failure rate, as for the newer ones one would expect these to be gone, the disc scratch issue is reason for worry but really isn't a big problem as you won't most of the time need to move your console during gaming.
- While xbox live is a better service its cluttered with childs, much like here at xbox republic who sends hate mail after every loss, which I've had much less frequent at PSN, Wii or even the PC.
- Much of the exclusives released this year has disappointed.

And as for the PS3
- Offers FREE online with an OPTIONAL PSN+ online fee, which isn't really worth bothering with. PSN although uses real currency which is vastly superior compared to any point system, also they actually release things fror free time to time.
- Has more quality exclusives both in terms of quantity, and especially in terms of different genres. Note this is QUALITY exclusives, which would include exclusives 80 or over in metacritic which wasn't far overhyped from the start. This excludes LBP which also is on the PSP.
- As said the cost is just about the same, but over time the 360 is more expensive.
- A lot of people say the PSN has a lot of downtime, I can say I've only experienced once and that was during the april shift.
- Move is very accurate and responsive, but is expensive and likely gonna be shit.
- The controllers are just about equal, it all ends up being a preference. The ps3 has though the more expensive controller.
- Is a better choice in combination with most consoles, especially a PC as you get a bigger array of exclusives compared if you went 360 / PC.
- The PS3 continues to bring out exclusives, while the 360 is more uncertain. The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Ape Escape, Yakuza 4, Twisted Metal and Socom are just some of the exclusives that are confirmed to come out retail either this year or next year. While in comparision the 360 is getting some quality titles as well its not in as big quantity and what comes after this is more unsure, Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, Codename: Kingdoms to name which I can actually come up with.
- Comes with a free rechager, and you can exchange harddiscs without paying very high fees for 360 special harddiscs which are terribly overpriced.

And yeah, both consoles are pretty damn fun to play at.

This isn't a console war, this is a ps3 bashing war where you all turn everything in favor of the 360 by making up your own rules like you're living in your own little dream world. Cheers from someone who owns every console this generation including a PC. You can be in denial as long as you won't but the ps3 and 360 isn't much different from each other and the 360 is far from as superior, if even at all any superior compared the ps3. Now I imagine this thread will get locked / deleted and whatever.

inb4 banned and biased opinions
Back to top Go down
Mindkiller

Mindkiller

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Too much common sense ITT
Back to top Go down
DominicxD
Seaman Recruit
DominicxD

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:52 pm

troll thread

move on guys
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 pm

How do you guys keep making long topics in less than 30 seconds? GOD I HATE PS3 FANBOYS!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
IlovethePS3

IlovethePS3

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:20 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
How do you guys keep making long topics in less than 30 seconds? GOD I HATE PS3 FANBOYS!

Right at the end he state "And yeah, both consoles are pretty damn fun to play at." this forum is hilarious and I don't even own a PS3 or a good gaming PC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Mass Effect 2 was designed on the Xbox, and ported to the PC, its better on Xbox. god damn, why am I trying to reason with a troll?
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Yeah, because PS3 fanboys all have $2000+ supercomputers
Back to top Go down
FullMetaIKendo
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
FullMetaIKendo

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 pm

lolyeah ps3 fanbois are so dumb!!1 arrgh
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FURNIGGER
Goosezorz
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:36 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Mass Effect 2 was designed on the Xbox, and ported to the PC, its better on Xbox. god damn, why am I trying to reason with a troll?

It was made on a PC. You can't make a game on a 360. It was probably made for 360.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Goosezorz wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

It was made on a PC. You can't make a game on a 360. It was probably made for 360.

How do you know he didn't mean that it was made on a PC that was placed on top of a Xbox?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Goosezorz wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

OMFG did you actually just post that?
Back to top Go down
FuIlMetalKendo

FuIlMetalKendo

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:07 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Goosezorz wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

OMFG did you actually just post that?

yeah lol games made for 360 are made on 360
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FURNIGGER

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:08 am

Goosezorz wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I meant made for....Jesus Christ if you didnt know thats what I meant you are truly retarded...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets take a look at the facts..   Lets take a look at the facts.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets take a look at the facts..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Troll Graveyard-
Jump to: