This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Morrowind or Oblivion?

Go down 
+3
Fauchard
Pein
DemonWolf
7 posters

How does MORROWIND compare to OBLIVION?
It's a lot better
Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_lcap25%Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
It's slightly better
Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_lcap0%Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's about as good as it
Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_lcap25%Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
It's not as good
Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_lcap38%Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
It's crap compared to it
Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_lcap12%Morrowind or Oblivion? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Morrowind or Oblivion? Empty
PostSubject: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:39 pm

I just downloaded The Elder Scrolls Morrowind today to see what it's like because one day I want to get it on Xbox (and play it on 360 through backwards compatibility). It lags kinda bad because my pc's filled up with crap. But I know that I want to get it. But what I want to know from people here is how they think it compares to Oblivion? Better or worse? Because my first impressions are good, I'm enjoying it so far but I don't really know if I like it as much as Oblivion or not.
What do you think, guys? As good, better or worse than Oblivion? RazzMorrowind or Oblivion? Oblivion%202006-03-23%2013-29-44-34Morrowind or Oblivion? Morrowind_screen002
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:48 pm

i prefer oblivion by far,morrowind was boring for me,idk but it was soo boring i barely even played it,as for oblivion,from the start i knew it was going to be a kick-ass game and yeah,i think oblivion shits on morrowind A LOT!!
Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Morrowind, especially if you count mods

Oblivion was all forest, while Morrowind was very diverse, making the exploring experience more satisfying.

Oblivion felt like it held your hand throughout the game. Everything was too easy. There was no sense of exploration as the compass pointed where you had to go and fast travel just killed it even more.

Why make a game with a huge world if all the areas feel the same?

Also, the guards being psychic about what you did always got on my nerves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:06 pm

From what I have played of Morrowind I liked Oblivion better. But I havent played Morrowind nearly as much as Oblivion to give an accurate opinion Razz
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:22 pm

Morrowind(and the PC version of it too), the bottom picture(PC) kills the top picture(XB) in graphics and textures.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
Morrowind(and the PC version of it too), the bottom picture(PC) kills the top picture(XB) in graphics and textures.

lmao yes point taken XD

But I'm not asking about graphics. Gameplay ftw.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Fauchard wrote:
Morrowind, especially if you count mods

Oblivion was all forest, while Morrowind was very diverse, making the exploring experience more satisfying.

Oblivion felt like it held your hand throughout the game. Everything was too easy. There was no sense of exploration as the compass pointed where you had to go and fast travel just killed it even more.

Why make a game with a huge world if all the areas feel the same?

Also, the guards being psychic about what you did always got on my nerves

Hmmm, sounds interesting. but don't say Oblivion feels all the same or I'll get all emotional again like I did on the other thread about graphics!!
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

lmao yes point taken XD

Yeah, but I did like Morrowind more than oblivion.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:08 am

Morrowind is superior by far. Oblivion had too much action, and was a casual piece of shit. Morrowind is a brilliant RPG.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:17 am

Freemon34-YT wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

lmao yes point taken XD

Oh that's interesting. lol
Any reasons why?

GGM wrote:
Morrowind is superior by far. Oblivion had too much action, and was a casual piece of shit. Morrowind is a brilliant RPG.

lol casual? No way. It was amazing! But if you believe Morrowind is better please tell me how because everyone's saying that but barely explaining why XD
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 am

demondragondude wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

lmao yes point taken XD

Any reasons why?

GGM wrote:

lol casual? No way. It was amazing! But if you believe Morrowind is better please tell me how because everyone's saying that but barely explaining why XD

Morrowind is more story focused, and you have to find your own way around. Oblivion is dumbed down, held the player's hand throughout the whole game, and I just found it generally dull. I did enjoy the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:36 am

Ah yes,this is a huge debate o the TES fanbase.

I own both and I personally like Oblivion better
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:35 am

GGM wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:

lmao yes point taken XD

Any reasons why?

GGM wrote:

Morrowind is more story focused, and you have to find your own way around. Oblivion is dumbed down, held the player's hand throughout the whole game, and I just found it generally dull. I did enjoy the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion, but that's about it.

Really? lol I found Oblivion enjoyable fromstart to finish and I don't think it held my hand so-to-speak. I found some bits pretty hard and couldn't do them without a walkthrough.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 am

HellJumper wrote:
Ah yes,this is a huge debate o the TES fanbase.

I own both and I personally like Oblivion better

lol yeah. It's like ps3 fanboys and 360 fanboys. Oblivion has teh grafix. bb...b.b.b.but Morrowind has teh potentialz!
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:45 am

I like Milo better...
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:48 am

NoelX2 wrote:
I like Milo better...

GASP!!! Paedo!! :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morrowind or Oblivion?   Morrowind or Oblivion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Morrowind or Oblivion?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum