This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo: Reach - Host's List?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowCK
Seaman
Seaman
ShadowCK

Halo: Reach - Host's List? Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Reach - Host's List?   Halo: Reach - Host's List? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:38 pm

I hope Halo: Reach allows you to search for other people's custom games which have been created in forge. Being able to search for a custom game is a standard thing. I don't understand why Halo Reach shouldn't have it. A host's list like Gears of war (with searching tools) can be great for Forge. If we don't have any way to play with other players in our maps exept our friends list, Forge will not be exploited enough. Why should we create maps if we are alone in our maps ?

Why should I have to make friends with random people on the Internet just so I can play with them more than once? If there was a host's list system I could keep my current friend list while comfortably finding fun maps and game-types people have created without monotonously scrolling through my friends list hoping one of them happens to create a entertaining custom match. It's too irritating, we shouldn't have to guess if there's a fun custom game, we should be able to find custom games right there and now, especially with the idea of Forge world.

You may argue some of the custom games created might not be good. Bungie could use a star rating system which would ensure that the cream always rises to the top. There might be too many servers, Bungie could use a server filter. What I'm trying to say is that for every problem you may point out, there is always a solution. Let's face it, custom matchmaking would make Halo: Reach stupendous and would certainly attract more gamers out there. I still have my fingers crossed that Bungie does something comparable to this.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach - Host's List?   Halo: Reach - Host's List? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:22 pm

Can't you already find the top rated content in file share?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCK
Seaman
Seaman
ShadowCK

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach - Host's List?   Halo: Reach - Host's List? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:01 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Can't you already find the top rated content in file share?

Yes I believe so. But if I created one of the top rated content with it's map and gametype, I would then have to invite everyone from my freinds list and the people I have recently played with. The problem is that It's not guaranteed they would join. Recent players may be doing something else and not everyone from my freind's list may have the game. If there was some kind of Host List, I would have greater chance of people joining my game from all over the world and not just from my recent player list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach - Host's List?   Halo: Reach - Host's List? Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach - Host's List?
Page 1 of 1