This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray

Go down 
+6
DemonWolf
optimusprime
Invincible
TheGreenRanger
Freemon34'
Lord_Orpheo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray Empty
PostSubject: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Lately, I’ve been thinking about the “God of War Compilation” and by extension the rumors of other such collections. It got me to thinking that while these gatherings of gaming classics are great for new comers to the series, especially those not owning a PS2 or owning a b/c PS3, it’s little more than an enhanced rehash of an old experience to the rest of us. The trophies are certainly tantalizing and the thought of some reclaimed shelf space is appreciated, but there’s just so many great games to currently play and more on the way in the near future. I now have to consider which is the more valuable expenditure of my gaming time; engaging myself in a new experience or reliving the past with a prettier coat of paint. Granted I am viewing this from a completist’s point of view. That is, if I own a PS3 game I want a PS3 save file to match it, not an incompatible PS2 save file. I wouldn’t be satisfied just knowing I beat GoW 1 & 2 but have myself stripped of the ability to go back and relish in the unlockable goodies I worked so hard for the first go-around. I know that I would need to play these games again just so that I could re-establish my virtual memorial of conquest and reclaim my prizes of pwnership. Furthermore, what if the rumors are true of other series besides GoW receiving a similar treatment. This process of re-released PS2 franchises could develop into a steady stream of classic content which I believe would be good for many involved. I, however, would not relish in the awful expense of having to re-purchase my entire PS2 library. Still, the re-packaging of yesteryear’s games is nothing new and upgrading entertainment media has definitely been done before (cassettes to CD’s & VCR tapes to DVD’s). Perhaps my wariness of this potential game sales trend is relegated to it’s relative immediacy to the previous generation; maybe it is the need to stay current in a generation so rife with rampant quality releases, or it could just be that I’m a cheap stubborn bastard. Wink
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 pm

I'd like to see:
Jak Collection(Favorite Series ever)
Ico Collection(never played these games)
Getaway Collection(underratted PS2 series)
MGS Collection(PS2 got one lol)
R+C Collection(I only have 1 of the PS2 games in the series)
Back to top Go down
TheGreenRanger
Seaman Recruit
TheGreenRanger

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:14 am

Theyre making an Ico collection actually
Shadow of the colossus is one of the best games i've ever played

I don't think Jak needs one
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:17 am

TheGreenRanger wrote:
Theyre making an Ico collection actually
Shadow of the colossus is one of the best games i've ever played

I don't think Jak needs one

Well not officially but it was leaked on Amazon Germany and France.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:16 pm

I can't wait to get the Team ICO Collection!
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:57 pm

GTA Vice City and San Andreas
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:48 am

Guys, he's explaining his views of remastered ps2 games and how he feels it would not be a good thing. He's not asking what games you'd like to see remade.
Seriously, sometimes I swear people reply before they've even read the posts. Just like in nintendolife forum.
"Guys what is the best pokemon game on ds?"

'Mudkips!!!!!'

*facepalm*

But yeah, interesting topic, Lord_Orpheo. I see what you mean. I also think that if there were many more remastered ps2 games, that would be a kick in the teeth to a lot of ps3 owners considering Sony took out ps2 backwards compatibility...their way of playing the games they own.
With remastered games they'd have to just rebuy them all, as you said.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:03 pm

I would like a Disgaea Collection. Awesome and niche series.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:28 pm

NoelX2 wrote:

*facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman
Mr. Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:53 pm

I wouldn't mind being able to play some of my favorite PS2 games on the PS3. Especially since I have now lost a majority of my PS2 games. With the lack of any good IPs, playing some of the greatest past games would be awesome and might educate gamers new to the industry.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:49 am

NoelX2 wrote:

I like the Disgaea games a lot, but I don't think they need to be ported again, as the first two are on both the PSP and PS2, as well as the first being on the DS.

Also, why the "facepalm", DDD?
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:01 pm

GGM wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

I like the Disgaea games a lot, but I don't think they need to be ported again, as the first two are on both the PSP and PS2, as well as the first being on the DS.

Because which games you want to be transfered to the PS3 is not the point of the thread.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

GGM wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Because Noel's not responding to the reason this thread is here. It's not asking "what games would you like ported over?", it's Lord Orpheo giving his view on the idea of bringing old games to ps3 or 360 or whatever.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:
GGM wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Because which games you want to be transfered to the PS3 is not the point of the thread.

Yes, you get it.

Smile

No one else seems to >.<
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:36 pm

demondragondude wrote:
GGM wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Because Noel's not responding to the reason this thread is here. It's not asking "what games would you like ported over?", it's Lord Orpheo giving his view on the idea of bringing old games to ps3 or 360 or whatever.

I see, I should have read it!
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:30 pm

DDD, I went off topic because I wanted to see how many other ppl would follow me instead of the OP. Razz

I guess I won. LMAO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 9:58 pm

demondragondude wrote:
GGM wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Oh, I forgot about the DS. And why the facepalm? Its just a mistake. A facepalm would be that one time when I thought Konami and Altair (Which I thought was a computer company) was teaming up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray   Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray Empty

Back to top Go down

Rethinking Remastered PS2 Classics on Blu-Ray
Page 1 of 1