This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?

Go down 
+3
Ozsem
Madtoker
DemonWolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? Empty
PostSubject: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Not sure if any of you remember the launch of the game, Bully (Canis Canem Edit) ?

There was loads of negativity particularly from parents, who said the game was a bad influence and far too violent. Well the game was rated 15, so it's not as if it was aimed at young kids and furthermore all the violence was really just slapstick, typical schoolyard violence. At it's most extreme it was like something you'd see Dennis The Menace doing.
Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? DenisthemenaceBBC_228x320
Cover Your Children's Eyes!!!!

I don't know if anyone has seen much of the fairly new game, Naughty Bear but it's pretty brutal. Okay, you're playing as stuffed bears, but all that is is a non-verbal euphanism. A way of sugar coating the brutality presented in it. You'll do things like stab them and, well, kill them in all sorts of cruel ways like through slamming their head in a door, burning them and so on.
On top of this, I read that if you scare them and hurt them, eventually you'll see them get depressed and eventually commit suicide. I think that's a pretty shocking theme to have in a kids game.

The game is rated 12. To be honest, I played GTA when I was younger than that but I'd say Naughty Bear would be more "upsetting" or "scarring" than gta if played at that kind of age. I'm not saying it will scar 12 year olds but I'm surprised there's been no serious concerns from parents about their kids forcing someone to commit suicide on a video game. Razz

Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? GTA1%20%281%29
Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? NB2W
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:32 pm

because of gta and stuff, or people dont care
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Lol good point, and the answer obviously is because most parents are just blatantly stupid Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:51 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Lol good point, and the answer obviously is because most parents are just blatantly stupid Razz

Very true Very Happy

I think they just don't like Rockstar. Bitches! lol
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:40 am

Proberly because naughty bear sucks.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 pm

I hate sick and cruel games like Naughty Bear.I hope the game sold porely and im glad it got bad review scores
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Very true Very Happy

I think they just don't like Rockstar. Bitches! lol

*GASP* thats so....racist? lol
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:50 am

No humans where hurt during the making of the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:36 pm

HellJumper wrote:
I hate sick and cruel games like Naughty Bear.I hope the game sold porely and im glad it got bad review scores

Evil or Very Mad Now I hope Reach sells poorly and gets awful review scores!!

albino
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:37 pm

demondragondude wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Evil or Very Mad Now I hope Reach sells poorly and gets awful review scores!!

albino

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Melonbro
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:56 pm

This game should be rated M.

I mean, there isn't much physical violence, but the themes in it are super grimdark.

Like, don't you try to drive certain bears to suicide?

Because you didn't get invited to a party?

fuckin what
Back to top Go down
aaaaaaaaaaa
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:40 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?   Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why isn't there more controversy surrounding Naughty Bear?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: