This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question about the Assault Rifle

Go down 
+2
ZeInFormer
Freemon34'
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Question about the Assault Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Why is it that in the first game(and maybe the second, I haven't played Halo 2 in a while), the AR carries 60 bullets, but in the newer games it only carries 32. I thought maybe it could have been a military redesign but in Reach, its still 32, not going back to 60. As you could tell from this I liked the Halo 1 assault rifle the most. If you guys can give me a good reason why Reach has a 32 shot AR, I'd apperciate it.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:42 pm

I love the Assault Rifle a lot in the Halo games, but compared to modern assault rifles, the AR in Halo is basically an oversized SMG. The reason why it carries 32 is because of the SMG in Halo 3. They wanted to differentiate the SMG and AR so they lowered the clip of the AR. In H2, Bungie tried to "fix" the weapons in Halo 2. Replacing the Pistol with a BR (because it acted like a rifle), AR with a SMG (because it acted like a SMG), and the pistol, they made it like a pistol-a weak gun, but it's not useless. I personally think Bungie should go back to 60 bullets. I mean the SMG is fianlly gone, there's no reason why it should be at 32. Also I completely disagree Bungie stating the AR "feels like the MA5B", it really does not, it's basically the MA5C with a chuggier sound effect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:45 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
I love the Assault Rifle a lot in the Halo games, but compared to modern assault rifles, the AR in Halo is basically an oversized SMG. The reason why it carries 32 is because of the SMG in Halo 3. They wanted to differentiate the SMG and AR so they lowered the clip of the AR. In H2, Bungie tried to "fix" the weapons in Halo 2. Replacing the Pistol with a BR (because it acted like a rifle), AR with a SMG (because it acted like a SMG), and the pistol, they made it like a pistol-a weak gun, but it's not useless. I personally think Bungie should go back to 60 bullets. I mean the SMG is fianlly gone, there's no reason why it should be at 32. Also I completely disagree Bungie stating the AR "feels like the MA5B", it really does not, it's basically the MA5C with a chuggier sound effect.

But for multiplayer 32 bullets make a lot more sense. It would be stupid to have 60 in MP, but for campaign I dont see why they couldnt have had it be 60.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:47 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

But for multiplayer 32 bullets make a lot more sense. It would be stupid to have 60 in MP, but for campaign I dont see why they couldnt have had it be 60.

Well the original AR was so inaccurate at long range, you needed all 60 to kill a grunt from 50 yards away.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:50 am

I personally think that 32 is a good number to keep it at otherwise there would be a lot of noobs spamming a 60 round AR online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:42 am

ghost23 wrote:
I personally think that 32 is a good number to keep it at otherwise there would be a lot of noobs spamming a 60 round AR online.

Exactly. For campaign, I would really care, but MP it would suck.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:03 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Exactly. For campaign, I would really care, but MP it would suck.
Yeah, I think MP would be too overpowered. Campaign and firefight-maybe not.
Back to top Go down
MicroMan117

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 am

The AR in halo 1 was a different version of the assult rife it was wayyyyyyyyyyyy weaker too it would take 60 bullets to take down a elites shield in halo 3 it took 32 to take down a brutes shield
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:45 am

i cant state so many valid points ehen everyone already explained it Razz
but yeah it works better with 32 in my opinion
because it gets to easy in campagin and even easier in MP aslong there isnt SNipers Smile
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Better with 32
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about the Assault Rifle   Question about the Assault Rifle Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about the Assault Rifle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: