This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.

Go down 
+8
Inuboy1000
Kethex
aaaaaaaaaaa
Arbiteris
Pein
ghost23
Alan1994
Freemon34'
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. Empty
PostSubject: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:18 pm

As we all know the MP trailer was released yesterday and yes it does look like a lot of fun. But only at first glace.

First off is the RC car. Thats only a 3 killstreak so you'll be seeing a lot of cheap kills with that thing. Second is the Crossbow, again yes it looks like a lot of fun, but if everyone on the map is using it will get completely out of hand. Third is the camera. The game will still be the game if the game wants to be historically accurate. Imagine someone is camping and trying to get a nuke(which probably will be in the game), and you try to flank them. They can just set up that camera and see you trying to flank them, allowing them to be invincible for the most part.

And everything else in the game is nothing new. Helicopters? Every Battlefield game. Game cinema? Uncharted 2, Halo 3, a lot of PC shooters. repelling? Other Call of Dutys.

Everything new Black Ops is trying to do will hurt the franchise even more. And everything else in the game is in other shooters. Why waste $60 on this POS!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:24 pm

I agree 100%. Activision is just trying to milk the series to death. This is the 7th MAIN Cod game not counting the spin-offs and remakes. And people say Halo is milked....when so far in more than 10 years it had 3 main games to the trilogy, 2 spinoffs (Reach and Halo Wars), and 1 expansion (ODST).

COD is being milked almost as much as Mario!!!
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I agree 100%. Activision is just trying to milk the series to death. This is the 7th MAIN Cod game not counting the spin-offs and remakes. And people say Halo is milked....when so far in more than 10 years it had 3 main games to the trilogy, 2 spinoffs (Reach and Halo Wars), and 1 expansion (ODST).

QFT, COD is Activision's EA Sports.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 3:20 am

Freemon34-YT wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I wouldnt say that. EA Sports games continually get better and better year over year. Just look at FIFA.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 6:08 am

you have a point freemon,i agree for the most part but you forget that even though mw2 and black ops will be broken,it still is fun for the first months,but that fun lasts short,i wasnt excited for the crowsbows when i first saw them,because i know everyone will be using them and lets not forget the campers,from what i saw from the multiplayer trailer,every map that was shown had a lot of hiding places
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 6:12 am

ghost23 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I wouldnt say that. EA Sports games continually get better and better year over year. Just look at FIFA.
Well I was mainly focussing on Madden. Razz
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 10:41 am

The game looks fun.That is why I would pay 60$ to buy it.I dont know about you,but when I buy a game its so I can have fun.I dont care if another game had one of the features,it still doesnt affect the fun factor of Black Ops.

The only thing I dont like about black ops is that its gonna have Activision stamped on the front
Back to top Go down
aaaaaaaaaaa
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaa on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kethex
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Kethex

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm

HellJumper wrote:
The game looks fun.That is why I would pay 60$ to buy it.I dont know about you,but when I buy a game its so I can have fun.I dont care if another game had one of the features,it still doesnt affect the fun factor of Black Ops.

The only thing I dont like about black ops is that its gonna have Activision stamped on the front
Yeah, pretty much this
I also heard there's no commando bullshit in this game, but I for one am going to enjoy the crossbow. I hope they make sure that it isn't OP (give it low ammo or something like that). And as for Activision, well, they're assholes, but if they make a good game then you might as well buy it, it supports the game series in hope for more like it.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Activision trying to milk their franchises again. Well I concur that Call of Duty is pretty much dead. Only good one is CoD4, Long Live Battlefield. I might get this game if it is good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman
Mr. Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:46 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Activision trying to milk their franchises again. Well I concur that Call of Duty is pretty much dead. Only good one is CoD4, Long Live Battlefield. I might get this game if it is good.

The original Call of Duty is so much better than the newer games.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 5:50 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Yep United Offensive is the best Expansion ever. COD2 is also great. And the funny thing is, is the fact that Black Ops is still using the COD2 engine xD
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:39 am

I hope it has an improvedzombie mode, Nazi zombies in COD5 is ruined by quitters, lag, no host migration, people that just stand there, commandos and glitchers
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Yep United Offensive is the best Expansion ever. COD2 is also great. And the funny thing is, is the fact that Black Ops is still using the COD2 engine xD
But CoD2 doesn't have the sprint mechanic or the tactical button layout (the layout CoD4 had as an option which is the best button layout for CoD).
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:30 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

But CoD2 doesn't have the sprint mechanic or the tactical button layout (the layout CoD4 had as an option which is the best button layout for CoD).
Thats because you played the 360 port that was quickly made and only had a few of the features the PC version had.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Awesome
Seaman
Seaman
Mr. Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Thats because you played the 360 port that was quickly made and only had a few of the features the PC version had.

And so we reach the conclusion that the PC is the greatest for gaming.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Mate,ill tell you this now,ou dont want to go starting a "PC is the best" arguement on here.If you love PC so much,keep it to yourself.everyone here including me hates PC fanboys and their elitism
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:16 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Mate,ill tell you this now,ou dont want to go starting a "PC is the best" arguement on here.If you love PC so much,keep it to yourself.everyone here including me hates PC fanboys and their elitism
The only fanboys I hate are the PS3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:19 pm

This one seems corny,first of all they continue to copy IW,treyarch doesn't have their own identity. Also why is there an RC car in this game,that doesn't fit at all with this type of game,just makes it even more unrealistic and arcady.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
This one seems corny,first of all they continue to copy IW,treyarch doesn't have their own identity. Also why is there an RC car in this game,that doesn't fit at all with this type of game,just makes it even more unrealistic and arcady.

Yea and it's kinda funny how COD gameplay these days don't have any recoil.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:57 pm

I remember when MW 2 was coming out, everyone was like praising it-bashing other upcoming FPS games like Wolfenstein and ODST. Now all of sudden, everyone's hating it lol.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:07 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
I remember when MW 2 was coming out, everyone was like praising it-bashing other upcoming FPS games like Wolfenstein and ODST. Now all of sudden, everyone's hating it lol.

Its becuase MW2 didnt live up to be "the best game ever".See,when a game gets so hyped and then dissapoints(that doesnt mean the game was bad,just not as good as what people anticipated),people start hating on it and its franchise.A similer but less severe cass happened with Halo 3
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 8:13 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:

Because everyone fell under the MW2 hype train. The first playthrough was really good but once everyone actually sat down and thought about it for a while, it wasn't as good as the hype promised it to be.

And $15 map packs killed it for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:

Thats because the community exploited its weaknesses and now thats all you get in the MP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.   Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation. Empty

Back to top Go down

Why COD:Black Ops makes Modern Warfare 2 look like the best game this generation.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: