This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360

Go down 
+10
DemonWolf
ghost23
Boba_Fett
Pein
Alan1994
ZaFtxX
Ozsem
nalin41
Stigma
Master_Chief
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 Empty
PostSubject: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:18 am

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:14 am

That's not really "inferior", that's just variations caused when developing the games separately.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706853/Mafia-II-Xbox-360--PS3-Demo-Comparison-Video.html

PS3 version looks better here.

It's simply the 360 is better with one thing, and the PS3 with another. They're equal.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 am

BlackStigma wrote:
That's not really "inferior", that's just variations caused when developing the games separately.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706853/Mafia-II-Xbox-360--PS3-Demo-Comparison-Video.html

It's simply the 360 is better with one thing, and the PS3 with another. They're equal.
LMAO Unlike you I've actually played both demos and thats definitely not the case. Have you read the 2k forums? The 2k forums are outraged about it. Theyre definitely not equal. But hey believe whatever you want. Even PS3 fansites are talking about it.
http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238587&page=6

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238587&page=5
Back to top Go down
nalin41
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:05 am

why shoudnt they be upset? i mean the devs just half-assed the ps3 version....i'd be pissed too.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:09 am

nalin41 wrote:
why shoudnt they be upset? i mean the devs just half-assed the ps3 version....i'd be pissed too.
Did I say they shouldn't be upset? I just dont like PS3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 am

Im loving this. Most fun i had in a while with the PS3 fanboys. Love that 2k screwed them over.

I don't get the fuss about it. If you don't like what they did to the PS3 version either buy the game on another version or just don't buy it at all.
Back to top Go down
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:48 pm

what do you expect with 256mb of video ram? open world games are very ram intensive. Notice that all open world games look worse on ps3.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:28 pm

ZaFtxX wrote:
what do you expect with 256mb of video ram? open world games are very ram intensive. Notice that all open world games look worse on ps3.
QFT
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:12 pm

ZaFtxX wrote:

Actually, The PS3 has 512 MBs of RAM total. But yes it has slightly les RAM than the X360 technically since it's OS takes up alot more memory,
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
ZaFtxX wrote:

Actually, The PS3 has 512 MBs of RAM total. But yes it has slightly les RAM than the X360 technically since it's OS takes up alot more memory,
I think hes referring to the fact that PS3 has only 256 VRAM and 256 system RAM while 360 has 512 unified RAM that so more can be used for textures,etc. because its unified and all GDDR3. While PS3 is 256 GDDR3 and 256 XDR RAM. So 256 of video RAM is all you get on PS3 as far as video RAM goes.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 pm

reminds me of bayonetta..looks like the ps3 version is going to be shit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

But Bayonetta was just HORRIBLE, I dont think this will be as bad
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 pm

i'll post it agian

This is just unacceptable. lets be honest. Xbox 360 and the plastation 3 are amazing systems.but when things like this happen it's just not right. this is not even about the console war. it's about the future of gaming. when devs half ass things. we all lose
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

But Bayonetta was just HORRIBLE, I dont think this will be as bad
the ps3 version graphics were actually DEVELOPED by a another company..like wtf? it might turn out like bayonetta for the ps3..noone knows
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:46 am

Pathetic....
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:42 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Yes I agree it's partly just variations, like most of Bayonetta's issues were because of a different dev team but hell, most games are inferior on ps3 anyway so I wouldn't be surprised that it's just still difficult to code for. How many cases have there been in which a ps3 multiplat is better than the 360 version? Maybe a few but the superior 360 multiplats greatly outnumber them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:46 pm

http://www.gtarevolution.net/?p=comentarios&ver=noticia&id=1529&c=

There, not a big difference but yes, 360 looks a little better.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:51 pm

nalin41 wrote:

Never
Say
The
Devs
Are
Lazy.

You even made me set a bad example as a mod and triple post.

The devs aren't lazy, there's no reason Sony should impose upon them a system that is ridiculously hard to develop for. You think they haven't tried hard? Firstly there's no reason they should put more effort into a game for another system when the people who own the system are TOO LAZY to buy the games. See what I did there? And secondly, it's just too hard to develop for. It's either it's released at the same time as the xbox version or they delay the ps3 version to put extra work into it but even then they get complaints from ps3 owners and the ps3 version will also sell less because the hype would have died a little by then and multiple system owners will get it on pc or xbox instead.
Got it?
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:19 pm

PS3 version has no grass, big deal like its actually gonna drastically change the game for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Xiammes wrote:
PS3 version has no grass, big deal like its actually gonna drastically change the game for you.

True. But its just sad that devs cant make both versions on par with each other.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:44 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Xiammes wrote:

True. But its just sad that devs cant make both versions on par with each other.

Some companys are very familiar with their consol, sony runs its own hardware so its a bit differant then the 360. 360 is run by microsoft so they are more familiar with the hardware compared to sony's. Its a familirization, look at GTA4, originall a ps3 exclusive but went multiplatform, most reviews I see say its the superior version just like FFXIII.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:25 am

DemonWolf wrote:
nalin41 wrote:

Never
Say
The
Devs
Are
Lazy.

The devs aren't lazy, there's no reason Sony should impose upon them a system that is ridiculously hard to develop for. You think they haven't tried hard? Firstly there's no reason they should put more effort into a game for another system when the people who own the system are TOO LAZY to buy the games. See what I did there? And secondly, it's just too hard to develop for. It's either it's released at the same time as the xbox version or they delay the ps3 version to put extra work into it but even then they get complaints from ps3 owners and the ps3 version will also sell less because the hype would have died a little by then and multiple system owners will get it on pc or xbox instead.
Got it?

Sounds like you know how to program for the ps3. So right now you are defending the company who cannot make a game on par with the 360? Multiplats should ALWAYS be on par. Devs need to learn how to program the ps3 because the new gen consoles are right around the corner. And when the 360 has blu ray and better tech in its system. Then what excuse should there be when they won't be able to program it because it is too hard? Developers need to work together and figure out how to program these machines. Because when the new xbox and playstation comes out.... well i'll let you finish that.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 am

Boba_Fett wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
nalin41 wrote:

Never
Say
The
Devs
Are
Lazy.

Got it?

Sounds like you know how to program for the ps3. So right now you are defending the company who cannot make a game on par with the 360? Multiplats should ALWAYS be on par. Devs need to learn how to program the ps3 because the new gen consoles are right around the corner. And when the 360 has blu ray and better tech in its system. Then what excuse should there be when they won't be able to program it because it is too hard? Developers need to work together and figure out how to program these machines. Because when the new xbox and playstation comes out.... well i'll let you finish that.

The reason the 360 ports are always better is that Microsoft lends a helping hand to the developers to understand how the 360 hardware works. Sony on the other hand does not give 3rd party developers a lot of help with the PS3 hardware. Thats why you see such a big difference between PS3 exclusives and multiplats because Sony actually help their first party developers as opposed to 3rd parties.

When the next generation of consoles rolls around, Microsoft will help their 3rd parties and whether Sony will or not I guess we just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:17 am

ghost23 wrote:
Boba_Fett wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
nalin41 wrote:

Never
Say
The
Devs
Are
Lazy.

Got it?

The reason the 360 ports are always better is that Microsoft lends a helping hand to the developers to understand how the 360 hardware works. Sony on the other hand does not give 3rd party developers a lot of help with the PS3 hardware. Thats why you see such a big difference between PS3 exclusives and multiplats because Sony actually help their first party developers as opposed to 3rd parties.

When the next generation of consoles rolls around, Microsoft will help their 3rd parties and whether Sony will or not I guess we just have to wait and see.

I really hope you are right!
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:31 am

ghost23 wrote:
Boba_Fett wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
nalin41 wrote:

Never
Say
The
Devs
Are
Lazy.

Got it?

Or maybe its because they are more familiar with the coding, I have seen what my mom does for websites, its not much differant from videogames coding wise. Sony uses its own programs/hardware so its foreign to developers. Making general assumptions about a companys that you know little to nothing about is plain stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360   Mafia 2 - Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final build of Mafia 2 on PS3 will be just like the demo - Inferior to 360
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next