This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Microsoft's New Exclusives?

Go down 
+12
GZDoolmguy
Jamin
joe11
zinc
Inuboy1000
Alan1994
optimusprime
Pein
ghost23
Shin_Akuma
Pickles
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Microsoft's New Exclusives? Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 am

If you think about it, the Xbox 360 hasn't had too many new exclusives.

I think that's starting to change.

From what I've seen, they're starting to grasp the concept of "true exclusives".

Alan Wake for the PC version just got the axe. ZOMGZORS TRUE EXCLUSIVE!!!111!!

Although Gears of War came out for the PC a year after it's release, Gears Of War 2 has not. It's passed 2 years and there's still no PC version.

Not to mention Halo 3 is exclusive. Although Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 came out for the PC I don't think Halo 3 is gonna down that road.

Eh? Are not gonna have to put up with PS3 fanboys saying " herp i can just play those gaems on mah pc derp"?

I think Microsoft should keep doing this. Not because I'm like Eric Cartman and hate it when someone else has something I like.

It's because I think it could really help the 360. They spent billions designing the damn thing and if they want to have more sales, they gotta have "true exclusives" that will make people think, "Damn! I can only play Alan Wake on the 360? A game that I've been following for 5 years?"

If it results in new games then I'm all up for it.

Exclusives sale consoles. Why did the Ps2 sale 140 million? Because it had the most exclusives. Xbox had great games but too many of them were on the PC.

Whaddya think fellow xbros?
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:48 am

But PC ports are fucking amazing....
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:45 am

You're forgetting just how important and how many sales timed exclusivity will get. Call of Duty will always be much higher selling on 360 because of the timed exclusive map packs. ME2 on PS3 will be obsolete because anyone wanting to play that would play on PC/360 a whole year ago.
Just keep in mind that at the rate that games come out these days, people move on from title to title very quickly. Any one particular game is only in the media for a very short period of time and after that is over people tend to forget about that one very quickly.
Plus there also the fact that multiplats are vastly superior on 360. Just look at Mafia 2.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:49 am

ghost23 wrote:
You're forgetting just how important and how many sales timed exclusivity will get. Call of Duty will always be much higher selling on 360 because of the timed exclusive map packs. ME2 on PS3 will be obsolete because anyone wanting to play that would play on PC/360 a whole year ago.
Just keep in mind that at the rate that games come out these days, people move on from title to title very quickly. Any one particular game is only in the media for a very short period of time and after that is over people tend to forget about that one very quickly.
Plus there also the fact that multiplats are vastly superior on 360. Just look at Mafia 2.

QFT!! i dont get why people are soo desperate after mass effect 2 going to the ps3,we know they will get the worst version because ps3 doesnt have mass effect 1 and will be stupid to play mass effect 2 without knowing the majority of the story,you guys should be laughing your ass off because we got the game way before they will get it and they will get the worst version..we know they will get the "scraps" as mld says,and noone will care when the game launches on the ps3,by that time,i will enjoy dead space and ill wait for dragon age II!!!!

Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:54 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

QFT!! i dont get why people are soo desperate after mass effect 2 going to the ps3,we know they will get the worst version because ps3 doesnt have mass effect 1 and will be stupid to play mass effect 2 without knowing the majority of the story,you guys should be laughing your ass off because we got the game way before they will get it and they will get the worst version..we know they will get the "scraps" as mld says,and noone will care when the game launches on the ps3,by that time,i will enjoy dead space and ill wait for dragon age II!!!!

heres the thing, people have invested time and money into one console, they have just seen a console exclusive go multiplat, the said consoles exclusive library
is getting thinner which means any new potential buyer of a machine will look at whats on offer and what is coming, they could once again go for sonys machine, uncharted and mass effect on the same machine for example? you may laugh but looking at this its only ps2 era franchies that have gone to xbox, not ps3 ones.

halo, gears, forza, fable..ms needs more than this and i think personally thats why people are showing concern, its about the long term.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 am

optimusprime wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

heres the thing, people have invested time and money into one console, they have just seen a console exclusive go multiplat, the said consoles exclusive library
is getting thinner which means any new potential buyer of a machine will look at whats on offer and what is coming, they could once again go for sonys machine, uncharted and mass effect on the same machine for example? you may laugh but looking at this its only ps2 era franchies that have gone to xbox, not ps3 ones.

halo, gears, forza, fable..ms needs more than this and i think personally thats why people are showing concern, its about the long term.

LOL it was never a console exclusive.it was a multiplat not on ps3..it was never a 360 exclusive.get your facts right,they invested money,and you think they will get the ps3 version? they already bought it and they dont care,you will see that the ps3 version wont even sell a million
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:03 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

LOL it was never a console exclusive.it was a multiplat not on ps3..it was never a 360 exclusive.get your facts right,they invested money,and you think they will get the ps3 version? they already bought it and they dont care,you will see that the ps3 version wont even sell a million

no need to be aggressive, fuck sake
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

When people say "console exclusive", they generally mean it was exclusive when only counting consoles.
It's a bad term, but I think that's what he was getting at.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:17 pm

If you think about it though, the X360 practically lives off of 3rd party content. It's not the fact that Microsoft doesn't have IPs of it's own (they own PLENTY, just wiki it), but 3rd party content has the same effect as 1st party exclusives (system sellers).

For example, they didn't spend a dime on the GTA DLC. That 50 million dollars was a loan for the developers which they got back. We still had it for an entire year exclusively and MS got most of the marketshare. Mass Effect is still, in a practical sense, an Xbox system seller considering that most of the established fanbase are X360/PC gamers (even then, we still have the best version since we have ME1 exclusively and had ME2 timed). And even today we get most of the best versions of the multiplatform titles.

But yes, Microsoft still needs to step up it's 1st party lineup BEFORE they go into next generation where 1st party launch titles are a necessity. As of right now though, it still has plenty of "true" MS exclusives like Gears of War, Halo, Fable, Forza, Crackdown, Alan Wake, PGR, Codename Kingdom, etc. So I'm not that worried.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:18 pm

why is it such a "bad term"? what consoles was mass effect available on before yesterday? scratch microsoft employees has used it in interviews with edge, eurogamer, vg247, ign and so forth in the past as a plus point in their exclusive line up for the xbox 360 and thats all i'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:21 pm

optimusprime wrote:
why is it such a "bad term"? what consoles was mass effect available on before yesterday? scratch microsoft employees has used it in interviews with edge, eurogamer, vg247, ign and so forth in the past as a plus point in their exclusive line up for the xbox 360 and thats all i'm saying.

Sony uses it as well with Modnation Racers, MLB the show, and FFXIV
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:24 pm

optimusprime wrote:

I just meant it's a bad term because it could be easily misunderstood. Someone could be confused whether it meant it was exclusive to a console or exclusive in the realm of consoles, as AndrejTheReviewer seemed to be.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:27 pm

MS needs more exclusives. Oh and to combat Sony getting Mass Effect 2, MS should try to get a third party Sony exclusive to go multiplat (like the Valkyria Chronicles franchise which is the only third party exclusive left).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Sony is playing catch up. and they playing it really good. If ms keeps letting exclusives or 3rd party games go to Sony, then i think we might see Sony surpass ms in sales.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:10 pm

zinc wrote:
Sony is playing catch up. and they playing it really good. If ms keeps letting exclusives or 3rd party games go to Sony, then i think we might see Sony surpass ms in sales.

The only major system-selling 3rd party exclusives Sony got their hands on this generation are Bioshock and Mass Effect. Compare that to the dozens of major 3rd party exclusive franchises that Sony has lost to Microsoft. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, GTA, Tekken, Assasin's Creed, DMC, etc. Those game series back in the PS2 days were the PS2's major exclusives. (except obviously Assassin's Creed LOL)

All Sony has left are mostly 1st party exclusives. It's the accepted method that both companies use. Microsoft lives off of 3rd party content, Sony lives off of 1st party content. Every now and then you will see Microsoft dishing out major 1st party content (Halo Reach, Fable, etc), likewise you will see Sony dishing out some 3rd party content (Mafia 2 DLC, FFXIV)
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
zinc wrote:

The only major system-selling 3rd party exclusives Sony got their hands on this generation are Bioshock and Mass Effect. Compare that to the dozens of major 3rd party exclusive franchises that Sony has lost to Microsoft. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, GTA, Tekken, Assasin's Creed, DMC, etc. Those game series back in the PS2 days were the PS2's major exclusives. (except obviously Assassin's Creed LOL)

All Sony has left are mostly 1st party exclusives. It's the accepted method that both companies use. Microsoft lives off of 3rd party content, Sony lives off of 1st party content. Every now and then you will see Microsoft dishing out major 1st party content (Halo Reach, Fable, etc), likewise you will see Sony dishing out some 3rd party content (Mafia 2 DLC, FFXIV)

Sony, right now, has more 1st party exclusives. Third party content is more likely to go to the other platforms. Microshaft needs to get their shit together and make some 1st party exclusives.

One's that take chances, like Alan Wake.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Pickles wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
zinc wrote:

Sony, right now, has more 1st party exclusives. Third party content is more likely to go to the other platforms. Microshaft needs to get their shit together and make some 1st party exclusives.

One's that take chances, like Alan Wake.

Actually, 3rd party content can stay exclusive as long as a contract or an agreement is made with the help of good ol' dinero. I definantely agree with you. I'm just saying that Microsoft isn't being lazy, they just aren't doing the same strategy as Sony. This year is pretty much over, after Kinect fails horribly atleast Microsoft can wake up and shift into 5th gear by producing more 1st party games.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:13 am

i can see ur point but our timed exclusive, and pc ports is whats making the 360 win in the sales and gets more dlc and the better version
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:27 am

Microsoft used to have tons of first parties. They disbanded about 7 first parties this generation. Most were pretty good devs.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:04 am

Jamin wrote:
Microsoft used to have tons of first parties. They disbanded about 7 first parties this generation. Most were pretty good devs.

I found a list of games that were actually true exclusives. Some of them weren't really 1st party developers but I'm surpised of the variety and quantity.

Back to top Go down
GZDoolmguy

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Compare that to the dozens of major 3rd party exclusive franchises that Sony has lost to Microsoft. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, GTA, Tekken, Assasin's Creed, DMC, etc. Those game series back in the PS2 days were the PS2's major exclusives

what are you talking about? GTA was on Xbox 1 and MGS was on Gamecube
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:49 pm

GZDoolmguy wrote:
Compare that to the dozens of major 3rd party exclusive franchises that Sony has lost to Microsoft. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, GTA, Tekken, Assasin's Creed, DMC, etc. Those game series back in the PS2 days were the PS2's major exclusives

Final Fantasy started on the NES.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:26 am

Microsoft has been kinda weak lately when it comes to exclusives. We only know of two exclusives that are coming next year (possibly one, since Codename: Kingdoms may not release in 2011, and may not remain exclusive). Microsoft securing all of these third parties like BioWare and Valve was a stupid move, since third parties are dying as exclusive developers. Look at Bungie and Insomniac. Both went multiplat. Valve and BioWare started working full-time on PS3. Microsoft wasn't going to hold onto them forever. Now look at them. They only have three first-party studios that aren't working on Kinect titles (Lionhead, 343, and Turn 10).

Microsoft really hasn't been handling themselves very well this generation.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:42 pm

TRF wrote:
Microsoft has been kinda weak lately when it comes to exclusives. We only know of two exclusives that are coming next year (possibly one, since Codename: Kingdoms may not release in 2011, and may not remain exclusive). Microsoft securing all of these third parties like BioWare and Valve was a stupid move, since third parties are dying as exclusive developers. Look at Bungie and Insomniac. Both went multiplat. Valve and BioWare started working full-time on PS3. Microsoft wasn't going to hold onto them forever. Now look at them. They only have three first-party studios that aren't working on Kinect titles (Lionhead, 343, and Turn 10).

Microsoft really hasn't been handling themselves very well this generation.

Codename Kingdoms will be published by Microsoft, the only possible platform it may go to is PC.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Pickles wrote:
GZDoolmguy wrote:

Final Fantasy started on the NES.
GTA was also on PC, if I recall correctly. As for Assassin's Creed, wasn't it always multiplatform?

Alan1994 wrote:
Codename Kingdoms will be published by Microsoft, the only possible platform it may go to is PC.
I didn't know that. Yeah, then it will be an exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft's New Exclusives?   Microsoft's New Exclusives? Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft's New Exclusives?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next