This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.

Go down 
+2
Crystie Cao
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. Empty
PostSubject: PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.   PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.   PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Hmm.....seems like taking out the other OS feature was stupid. Amirite freemon?
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.   PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:41 pm

nothx, i'd rather not get banned and lose all of my delicious trophies
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

PostSubject: Re: PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.   PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Quote :
August 19, 2010
PS JailBreak – A USB Plug & Play Modchip for PS3?
Posted by greg

I saw this thread (currently down due to an influx of traffic) last night… I was a little hesitant to post as we all remember the Belzar modchip incident, right? Anyway, unlike Belzar this claim now comes with a pretty convincing video:
Download:
FLVMP43GP

And to back that up further, a lot of PSX-Scene peeps have test units, courtesy of OzModChips, and are claiming it legit. PSX-Scene also confirms the following:

* FAT32 is currently supported. They are working on NTFS.
* They recommend staying on current firmware and not updating until they have deemed it safe. The dongle is fully updatable.
* Online play does work but they cannot guarantee that it will work with all future titles.
* Final retail units are ready to ship.
* Official reseller list will be on their site in the next 48 hours. You can pre-order from any of the official resellers. There are websites out there now claiming to be selling but they are not legitimate. Don’t get ripped off. Wait until the official list is posted.

So if you’re feeling ballsy, you can pre-order one of these PS JailBreak USB Modchip dongles right here. Who would’ve thought — the PS3 hacked with a USB stick. Watch Sony remove USB support now.

I’m attempting to pre-order one; however, things are a little slow as you’d imagine. When I am successful, and once the PS JailBreak device arrives, we will personally confirm whether or not it works as advertised. It’s either that or OzModChips takes our money and they shutdown shop immediately after doing that a few hundred times. But I have a good feeling about this; PSX-Scene has a respectable rep.

We have a forum thread open for discussion right here.
http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/08/19/usb-plug-play-modchip-for-ps3/
Back to top Go down
LittleBigGeek
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
LittleBigGeek

PostSubject: Re: PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.   PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:17 am

Crystie Cao wrote:
nothx, i'd rather not get banned and lose all of my delicious trophies

delicious trophies? lol that made me laugh for some reason
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.   PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Sony will release a firmware update pretty soon stopping all posiblity. If you want your ps3 to be worth $100's of dollers more, don't update and sell in a month or two.
Back to top Go down
GZDoolmguy

PostSubject: Re: PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.   PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:41 pm

PS3 can recognise individual USB devices, this effort is futile as sony will simply disable the device in the next firmware update

definitely not worth $170
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.   PS3 seems to have finally been hacked. Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 seems to have finally been hacked.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: