This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will future consoles games look this good???

Go down 
+7
ghost23
Shin_Akuma
Pickles
raspymanic1
Teckno
TRF
Stoney
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Will future consoles games look this good??? Empty
PostSubject: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:24 pm

This is real-time!!!!! Amazing. Obviously for high-end PC's (Or future ones?). Saw this on the Crytek website.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Ugh, I don't even want to think of the price of a console that can do this. It'll make a launch PS3 look like a peasant console.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:02 am

TRF wrote:
Ugh, I don't even want to think of the price of a console that can do this. It'll make a launch PS3 look like a peasant
console.
I wouldn't say that. The Graphical leap from the PS3 and this is noticeable, but, not huge. It's not as big of a jump as was last gen to this gen.
I don't think it would be THAT expensive.

Last edited by Teckno on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:57 am

yes of course look at the leap of graphics from 2000 to now
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:20 am

TRF wrote:
Ugh, I don't even want to think of the price of a console that can do this. It'll make a launch PS3 look like a peasant console.

I don't think they should even have new consoles. With every new console generation the leap in graphics becomes smaller and smaller.

Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:25 am

I would expect the next generation of consoles to look like that or be on the same level as Crysis on the PC graphics wise. But dont expect that for a long time... Meanwhile the PC keeps advancing.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:41 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
I would expect the next generation of consoles to look like that or be on the same level as Crysis on the PC graphics wise. But dont expect that for a long time... Meanwhile the PC keeps advancing.

I don't really see a difference between console graphix and pc graphix except for one game, Crysis.

I seriously think they should stop trying to push graphics because we're just gonna end up with slightly better graphics each time.

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:17 am

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:

I don't think they should even have new consoles. With every new console generation the leap in graphics becomes smaller and smaller.

I don't agree with that. Look at this difference in graphics between the XBOX/PS2 to the 360/PS3. I think its a bigger jump than PS1 to PS2.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:38 am

ghost23 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:

I don't agree with that. Look at this difference in graphics between the XBOX/PS2 to the 360/PS3. I think its a bigger jump than PS1 to PS2.

Actually, compare the SNES to the Nintendo 64. It was like a new experience.

Then compare that to the leap from Ps1 to PS2. Prettier graphics but hardly enough to be called a new experience.

If we keep having new console generations, we'll never have any "timeless" games.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:36 am

Pickles wrote:

Then compare that to the leap from Ps1 to PS2. Prettier graphics but hardly enough to be called a new experience.

If we keep having new console generations, we'll never have any "timeless" games.

Imo that was because of the step from 2d to 3d.

I wonder when we'll get 4D. monkey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:39 am

Holy shit....and I dont doubt that consoles will be able to do that eventually. Maybe even next gen.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:41 am

NightFang91 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

It broke my heart when I found out that the Ps3 wouldn't be getting 4d gameplay. Fuck you, Sony, fuck you.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:20 am

Pickles wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

It broke my heart when I found out that the Ps3 wouldn't be getting 4d gameplay. Fuck you, Sony, fuck you.

4D is in reference to time. Time as the 4th dimension.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
4D is in reference to time. Time as the 4th dimension.
Hmm, but doesn't that mean Singularity have 4D since you can alter time with a Time Manipulation Device?
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:55 pm

Will future consoles games look this good??? Pong11
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:09 pm

For me, graphics aren't completely about what's the most realistic (although realistic-looking games are also graphically impressive). It's about use of colors, use of space, etc. Despite the fact that Super Mario World is an SNES game, I think it has fantastic visuals. The same goes with Halo 3 for the fact that it's a colorful shooter in a genre filled with greys and browns.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:23 am

Imagian battlefield bad company 2 looking like this with better destruction. it would be the ultimate war simulator!
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:31 pm

TRF wrote:
For me, graphics aren't completely about what's the most realistic (although realistic-looking games are also graphically impressive). It's about use of colors, use of space, etc. Despite the fact that Super Mario World is an SNES game, I think it has fantastic visuals. The same goes with Halo 3 for the fact that it's a colorful shooter in a genre filled with greys and browns.

Totally agree. A game doesn't have to have Crysis-quality graphics to look good.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 am

Im the kind of person that likes my games to have good graphics. If a game has bad graphics then saying "its got a colourful art style" isnt going to make me change my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:17 am

Graphcis is a plus, gameplay always comes first though.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
Im the kind of person that likes my games to have good graphics. If a game has bad graphics then saying "its got a colourful art style" isnt going to make me change my mind.

You are a fucking idiot because your opinion is different than mine.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:22 am

Pickles wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

You are a fucking idiot because your opinion is different than mine.

Thats it!!! OPINION FIGHT!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OnettResident
Seaman Recruit
OnettResident

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:03 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
Will future consoles games look this good??? Pong11

This picture is pretty bad. You can't compare the graphics if all the pictures have shit quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will future consoles games look this good???   Will future consoles games look this good??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will future consoles games look this good???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: