This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.

Go down 
+6
Stigma
Alan1994
Stoney
NightFang91
TRF
DarkSwarm85
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. Empty
PostSubject: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:14 pm

From amazon.com

I'll copy paste it.

ME2 for the PS3 will be like Call of Duty:Reflex Edition for the Wii.

Cream of Weber says:
Seeing as how the ability to transfer your decisions and story from ME1 to ME2 is the most integral focal point of the Mass Effect experience per Bioware... the PS3 version of ME2 is doomed to be a watered down replica of the original superior 360 version.

You may have the same graphics (although they will most likely be sub-par)... but you'll be missing out of the best the series has to offer.

It will be like watching the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi... with a 15 minute recap of A New Hope. Except imagine that the decisions you made while watching A New Hope could change the entire course of history in the Star Wars universe for Empire and Jedi... but instead of making those decisions, you just watched a trailer for the first film.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:16 pm

True. If I just had a PS3, I would be pissed that they would port ME2 without ME1.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:18 pm

People don't even know how the recap will play out. Sure, it's no replacement for Mass Effect 1, but it might still be good.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:19 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:

It will be like watching the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi... with a 15 minute recap of A New Hope. Except imagine that the decisions you made while watching A New Hope could change the entire course of history in the Star Wars universe for Empire and Jedi... but instead of making those decisions, you just watched a trailer for the first film.
Except that the decisions you made in ME1 hardly have no impact whatsoever on ME2.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Also, I love how they compare BioWare's work ethic to Treyarch's. BioWare is trying to make this as good of a port as possible, and wants the best possible for their PS3 audience.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Surprised this is on a site like Amazon.com. Its as if they are trying convince people not to buy for the PS3. scratch
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:30 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Surprised this is on a site like Amazon.com. Its as if they are trying convince people not to buy for the PS3. scratch

Yeah, I was like wtf when I saw that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:07 pm

TRF wrote:
Also, I love how they compare BioWare's work ethic to Treyarch's. BioWare is trying to make this as good of a port as possible, and wants the best possible for their PS3 audience.

Thats what I love about Bioware. And I dont blame Bioware for any of this, its EA's fault they are porting it to PS3. If it was Bioware's decision, they would have stuck with their main PC/360 audience.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:09 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Thats what I love about Bioware. And I dont blame Bioware for any of this, its EA's fault they are porting it to PS3. If it was Bioware's decision, they would have stuck with their main PC/360 audience.

If it was Biowares decision, they'd probably go multiplat from the start Wink
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:13 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

If it was Biowares decision, they'd probably go multiplat from the start Wink
That's most likely true. When they made Dragon Age, they put it on PS3. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to do the same with Mass Effect from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:42 pm

For the love of God, was there really a need for this thread anyways? The point has already been established but besides, ME2 went on PS3 no need to sugar coat it. It was bound to happen since cheapo Microsoft couldn't buy Bioware OR the ME franchise before EA got their hands in it. Your past decisions of ME1 do matter for those that already played the ME franchise so far on their X360/PC, as for PS3 owners if they have an interactive recap of ME1 with ME2 I don't see how it's such a big deal. Sure PS3 owners are getting a gimped experience, but honestly it's not THAT big of a deal. Mass Effect 2 had a deeper connection with side characters than ME1. The only thing about ME1 that is better than ME2 is the storyline and main plot.

I think it's great that the series is expanding to new platforms. For those that are indirectly saying that the PS3 version of ME2 was a huge mistake, you guys aren't ME fans....just diehard fanboys trying to find more ammunition in this made up console wars.

/rant.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
For the love of God, was there really a need for this thread anyways? The point has already been established but besides, ME2 went on PS3 no need to sugar coat it. It was bound to happen since cheapo Microsoft couldn't buy Bioware OR the ME franchise before EA got their hands in it. Your past decisions of ME1 do matter for those that already played the ME franchise so far on their X360/PC, as for PS3 owners if they have an interactive recap of ME1 with ME2 I don't see how it's such a big deal. Sure PS3 owners are getting a gimped experience, but honestly it's not THAT big of a deal. Mass Effect 2 had a deeper connection with side characters than ME1. The only thing about ME1 that is better than ME2 is the storyline and main plot.

I think it's great that the series is expanding to new platforms. For those that are indirectly saying that the PS3 version of ME2 was a huge mistake, you guys aren't ME fans....just diehard fanboys trying to find more ammunition in this made up console wars.

/rant.
Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. Applause

Good show, sir. I completely agree. It wasn't a mistake and it's great that BioWare is finding a way around not being able to port the first game to PS3. I think the real mistake BioWare made was letting Microsoft publish the first game.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:20 pm

TRF wrote:
That's most likely true. When they made Dragon Age, they put it on PS3. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to do the same with Mass Effect from the beginning.

When they started making Dragon Age they were owned by EA. If Bioware had still been independent they probably would have gotten MGS to be their publisher. And if they wanted ME to be multiplat from the start they could have gotten a different publisher, they didn't have to get MGS, they did because they had a good relationship with them and wanted to.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:53 am

i agree but it dont matter they get to play a great game
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

When they started making Dragon Age they were owned by EA. If Bioware had still been independent they probably would have gotten MGS to be their publisher. And if they wanted ME to be multiplat from the start they could have gotten a different publisher, they didn't have to get MGS, they did because they had a good relationship with them and wanted to.

True.

Just look at Jade Empire and KOTOR. They were both exclusive for the original Xbox for a while before be ported over to Windows. Add to the fact that Jade Empire was also published by Microsoft. They obviously had a good working relationship. Considering how critically acclaimed both JE and KOTOR were, they could have easily ported them to other consoles.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

/rant.
I agree. PS3 only owners are in for a treat and I hope they buy this game.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 pm

I agree. Me2 on ps3 will be decent regardless but I hope MS
gives permission to make me1 go to ps3 as well or it lacks it's key feature!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:32 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
I agree. Me2 on ps3 will be decent regardless but I hope MS
gives permission to make me1 go to ps3 as well or it lacks it's key feature!

Not going to happen. Microsoft isn't going to give Sony one of their exclusives (assuming that MS still owns the rights to ME1)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.   Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3. Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting thread about ME2 on PS3.
Page 1 of 1