This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of Halo: Combat Evolved

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Review of Halo: Combat Evolved Empty
PostSubject: Review of Halo: Combat Evolved   Review of Halo: Combat Evolved EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:57 pm

Thought I might as well review the Halo games now, and some others.

Story

"A single Halcyon-class cruiser against a fleet of Covenant warships. With those odds, I'm content with three... make that four kills."
-Cortana

The story of the first Halo game takes place in 2552 just after you leave Reach, with you playing as Master Chief throughout the entire game. Your ship, the Pillar of Autumn, has just found an alien installation (the Halo ring), but is the only human ship there, and the Covenant don't like you here. Eventually you evacuate the ship and land on the ring itself. On the ring you must now assist the remaining crew members and Marines to fight the Covenant on the mysterious ring world. Further in the game you learn more about the ring as well as 2 other factions present on it.

Master Chief and other Marines hurry through a Covenant Cruiser to rescue Captain Keyes
Review of Halo: Combat Evolved Halo_6

Gameplay

"Keep your head down! There's two of us in here now, remember?"
-Cortana

Halo introduced many new things to the first-person shooter genre. First is that you could only carry 2 weapons at a time, meaning you had to be careful about the weapons you choose to take with you. Second was the stick layout, which was the best for console first person shooters at the time it was used and is now copied by other shooters on consoles. Third was regenerating health, not necessarily new to gaming but certainly new to the FPS genre. Pretty much any weapon you could ask for is here, give or take some. There is also a very successful vehicle component with very good controls.

A player fighting a Hunter
Review of Halo: Combat Evolved 1627_large

Graphics

Review of Halo: Combat Evolved "My God, those things are even uglier when they're dead!"
-A UNSC Marine

It may not look like it now, but back in the day of Halo's release, these were actually good graphics for a console. Things look like what they are supposed to at least and the blood splatter effect is good.

Music

Excellent work as usual, they are all instrumental works with varying effects added to some to fit the situation, this also helps with immersion into the game.

Great game.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo: Combat Evolved   Review of Halo: Combat Evolved EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Great review. Halo definetly had one of the greats MP's of console shooter also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo: Combat Evolved   Review of Halo: Combat Evolved EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Great review. Halo definetly had one of the greats MP's of console shooter also.

Even today me and my friends will still play this games multiplayer splitscreen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo: Combat Evolved   Review of Halo: Combat Evolved EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:59 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Even today me and my friends will still play this games multiplayer splitscreen.

Same. even today with all these MP shooters, its still a great one to play.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo: Combat Evolved   Review of Halo: Combat Evolved EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:33 am

Still playin' the campaign till this day.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo: Combat Evolved   Review of Halo: Combat Evolved EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:16 am

Just started another playthrough of the campaign. Man i forgot how awesome this game was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo: Combat Evolved   Review of Halo: Combat Evolved Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Halo: Combat Evolved
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: