This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's up with Gears 2's online?

Go down 
+2
raspymanic1
DemonWolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

What's up with Gears 2's online? Empty
PostSubject: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:15 pm

I've been waiting in the matchmaking lobby for like 20 minutes or something. I've got a solid internet connection, no one else is using it but me. Why is it taking so long?

*UPDATE* its loaded now but wow it took ages!!!!!

Is this the reason for all the complaints or are there other issues?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:48 pm

i stopped playing gears 2 a long time ago it was that bad then, imo gears of war 1 was the best online game on 360, that is until it got its first ever update. since then its gone down hill. i hope they get it right with gears 3
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:53 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
i stopped playing gears 2 a long time ago it was that bad then, imo gears of war 1 was the best online game on 360, that is until it got its first ever update. since then its gone down hill. i hope they get it right with gears 3

Well I've just played about 3 or 4 Gears 2 matches.

So far I'm really liking it. I got a slight framerate dip and a short burst of lag in the first match but after that, it ran smoothly and I'm pleased with the new features. The graphics seem improved overall (I was impressed at even seeing veins on the leaves on the ground), There is a much better colour pallete than the first..more golds and blues, I like the addition of being able to take photos (but where do they save?), I believe the flamethrower is a new weapon(?), the movement seems slightly improved over Gears 1, I like being able to crawl before bleeding out and yeah, overall I'm impressed and shocked that it recieved such heavy complaints. Well, I dunno...I'll wait till I've played more online before giving my final views but so far I'm really satisfied.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:16 pm

It's not just the lobbies. When the game first game out, there were glitches galore, plus the game is laggy as hell. Epic has since then been responsible with their game and fixed many of the glitches, but many more remain, and the lag is still there.

That's what happens when you run such a beautiful game on simple P2P servers.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:43 pm

TRF wrote:
It's not just the lobbies. When the game first game out, there were glitches galore, plus the game is laggy as hell. Epic has since then been responsible with their game and fixed many of the glitches, but many more remain, and the lag is still there.

Funny, aside from the first match (which was fine after the first couple of mins) the game ran perfectly for me! No lag, no glitches, amazing visuals, sweet gameplay! Thing is.... I suck Sad not a single kill! Lmao I feel bad for my team.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:25 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:

Funny, aside from the first match (which was fine after the first couple of mins) the game ran perfectly for me! No lag, no glitches, amazing visuals, sweet gameplay! Thing is.... I suck Sad not a single kill! Lmao I feel bad for my team.
Yeah, I suck at Gears as well. No one plays third-person shooters the right way. Everyone rolls and uses the shotgun. No one takes cover and pops up to shoot. It's all above shotgun dives.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:35 pm

It has some really bad net code thats why it takes ages to find a game.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:34 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:

Yeah, I suck at Gears as well. No one plays third-person shooters the right way. Everyone rolls and uses the shotgun. No one takes cover and pops up to shoot. It's all above shotgun dives.

That was pretty much the first Gears all the way. I don't know about #2 but from what I've played, there's not much shotgun divers and if there is they taste the wrath of my Lancer.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Try finding a social match instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Gears 2's online?   What's up with Gears 2's online? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's up with Gears 2's online?
Page 1 of 1