This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim

Go down 
+10
Stigma
Alan1994
optimusprime
Inuboy1000
DemonWolf
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
TRF
Ozsem
Invincible
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim Empty
PostSubject: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:54 pm

Not bad but there loads of stuff to counter in that video.

Better than that crappy 9 month console war video.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 pm

Round 2 was way too general. They should've broken it down further. In any case, you can't go wrong with either console. At this point it comes down to preference.

@Ozsem: The TechnoBuffalo Console War was probably the best comparison I've ever seen. The go really in-depth, although I can see why one wouldn't like it, since they covered a lot of things the average consumer would not care about.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:41 am

TRF wrote:
Round 2 was way too general. They should've broken it down further. In any case, you can't go wrong with either console. At this point it comes down to preference.

@Ozsem: The TechnoBuffalo Console War was probably the best comparison I've ever seen. The go really in-depth, although I can see why one wouldn't like it, since they covered a lot of things the average consumer would not care about.

Well it's really dated now since theres a 360 slim. I thought that they should have waited until the 360 redesign rather than compare the original 360 to the redesign PS3.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:56 am

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Well it's really dated now since theres a 360 slim. I thought that they should have waited until the 360 redesign rather than compare the original 360 to the redesign PS3.
Yeah, the 360 Slim didn't come until the end. Maybe a re-do of the first eleven rounds is in order, although things like multiplats, exclusives, online, GPU, and CPU wouldn't change.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:42 am

The TechnoBuffalo comparison is the best 1 I've seen so far, but they do need to update some stuff.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:10 am

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Yeah, the 360 Slim didn't come until the end. Maybe a re-do of the first eleven rounds is in order, although things like multiplats, exclusives, online, GPU, and CPU wouldn't change.

Actually the CPU has changed for the 360 slim which is even better.

http://hothardware.com/News/New-Details-Emerge-On-Microsofts-XBox-360-Fusion-Processor/
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:27 am

Meh. I hate Cnet prizefight. I always find something to criticise in every single one, even the ones in which I agree with the outcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Round 6 was way too biased.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:17 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
How so? Both are gaming consoles, but personally I think the PS3 does a much better job in terms of being an all-around multimedia player. It's got one of the best Blu-Ray players built-in, and most Blu-Ray players are the same price or slightly less than the price of a PS3, which makes it a great bang for the buck, regardless of whether you care about the games or not.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:26 pm

TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
How so? Both are gaming consoles, but personally I think the PS3 does a much better job in terms of being an all-around multimedia player. It's got one of the best Blu-Ray players built-in, and most Blu-Ray players are the same price or slightly less than the price of a PS3, which makes it a great bang for the buck, regardless of whether you care about the games or not.

yep, i think the PS3 is better for multimedia purposes aswell. thing is I cant help but feel they should of made a more sterner effort in making it
a games machine first.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:32 pm

optimusprime wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

yep, i think the PS3 is better for multimedia purposes aswell. thing is I cant help but feel they should of made a more sterner effort in making it
a games machine first.
QFT! Ever since Sony made the PS3 $600 (at first) in 2006 I have hated Sony since then. Then they decided to not focus on games until 2009 and 2010.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:49 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

a games machine first.
QFT! Ever since Sony made the PS3 $600 (at first) in 2006 I have hated Sony since then. Then they decided to not focus on games until 2009 and 2010.
They've had first-party support since the beginning, what are you talking about? They've always had games, maybe less than what they have now, but they did have games. Their first-party developers had been working on the games for a long time. You think Killzone 2 was a recent project? No, it was started a LONG time ago but wasn't finished until 2009.

Besides, an overpriced console isn't a reason to hate Sony. They've never done anything to you other than make a product out of your price range. How are they screwing you over in any way by doing that? If anything, you should be happy that they reduced the price despite initially losing money on their consoles.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:55 pm

TRF wrote:

Well that and when they covered multiplatform and exclusive games they were being real subjective on the matter. The guy listed equal amounts of exclusives from both sides with high metascores yet he still declared the PS3 the winner in the one subject.. And I felt like he should have counted things like UI and media functions as 1/2 a point each. Basically the scoring wasn't weighed correctly.

Comparison videos are stupid anyways. They are too hard to make without some sort of bias. Especially CNET's...... one day they say Xbox is better, then another day they say PS3 is better.

Honestly though, the X360 and the PS3 are the only 2 competing consoles that have very few differences compared to the other generations. Ironically though there are more fanboys this generation than last.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:54 pm

TRF wrote:

Besides, an overpriced console isn't a reason to hate Sony. They've never done anything to you other than make a product out of your price range. How are they screwing you over in any way by doing that? If anything, you should be happy that they reduced the price despite initially losing money on their consoles.

More reasons i can add then just price.

No warranty over YLOD

PSN connection which people have problems with.

inferior third party games.

If Sony start charging second hand consumers for online play thats another one.

Delayed games.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Nintendo delays a game every 15 minutes. You can set your watch by it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:33 pm

Ozsem wrote:
TRF wrote:

More reasons i can add then just price.

No warranty over YLOD
You've got me there. That's a legitimate complaint. There is a one-year warranty, but that's not enough.

What do you expect from a free service? I don't think you can hate Sony for that.

If you're talking about multiplats, you can't fault Sony for that. That's the developer's fault, and the inferiority is incredibly minor.

If Sony start charging second hand consumers for online play thats another one.
Yeah, I agree, that would suck.

Delayed games.
You mean like Gran Turismo 5? I think that's the developer, not Sony. Do we fault Bethesda Softworks because id Software delayed RAGE? Do we fault Microsoft because Remedy delayed Alan Wake for years?
I don't like how Sony designed the PSP and removed PS2 backwards compatibility. Other than that, they've done nothing to screw me over. In comparison to most corporations, Sony treats their customers pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:31 am

lol, it appears these guys like blueray, although there is one major flaw. They complained about XBL fees in round 6. Yet say nothing about how bluerays cost more than DVDs. Usually anywhere from 5-15 dollars on the same movie. It's essentially the same thing. You are paying for higher quality.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:39 am

BlackStigma wrote:
lol, it appears these guys like blueray, although there is one major flaw. They complained about XBL fees in round 6. Yet say nothing about how bluerays cost more than DVDs. Usually anywhere from 5-15 dollars on the same movie. It's essentially the same thing. You are paying for higher quality.

Lol they are kinda contradicting themselves
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 am

moaning about paying a dollar a week, jesus christ and they are grown ups. i'd hate to be as tight as a frogs ass when it comes to money like some of them people
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:06 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
There's a difference. What you said applies to general Blu-Ray player owners while paying for online only applies to Xbox LIVE users.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:13 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
There's a difference. What you said applies to general Blu-Ray player owners while paying for online only applies to Xbox LIVE users.

Yes and XBL is not the only service that charges you to play online. If you play an MMO you usually get a month free trial, but then have to pay fees, just like XBL, only more expensive. That logic will apply to both.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:15 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yes and XBL is not the only service that charges you to play online. If you play an MMO you usually get a month free trial, but then have to pay fees, just like XBL, only more expensive. That logic will apply to both.
Hm, that's true, I didn't take that into account. I suppose you're right, then.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:28 pm

TRF wrote:

What do you expect from a free service? I don't think you can hate Sony for that.

If you're talking about multiplats, you can't fault Sony for that. That's the developer's fault, and the inferiority is incredibly minor.

Delayed games.
You mean like Gran Turismo 5? I think that's the developer, not Sony. Do we fault Bethesda Softworks because id Software delayed RAGE? Do we fault Microsoft because Remedy delayed Alan Wake for years?

So is Steam, but thats PC so im not sure you compare that, but alot of peeps tend to compare 360 to PC.

No not fully 100% blame sony, but if the hardware and software which sony have is hard to for the third party company to do, its not thier fault neither.

GT5 is developed by Polyphony Digital, which are an developing company of Sony Computer Entertainment so thats sony to blame fully. Also Socom 4 as another example which has been delayed. They are developed by Zipper Interactive which are owned by Sony Corporation so thats another one they are blamed for.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Ozsem wrote:
TRF wrote:

Delayed games.
So is Steam, but thats PC so im not sure you compare that, but alot of peeps tend to compare 360 to PC.
Yeah, but PC online services are on a much higher level compared to console online services.

No not fully 100% blame sony, but if the hardware and software which sony have is hard to for the third party company to do, its not thier fault neither.
Well some third-party devs know how to do it, so clearly others can do it as well.

GT5 is developed by Polyphony Digital, which are an developing company of Sony Computer Entertainment so thats sony to blame fully. Also Socom 4 as another example which has been delayed. They are developed by Zipper Interactive which are owned by Sony Corporation so thats another one they are blamed for.
If the developers need more time, that's their fault for delaying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim   CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim Empty

Back to top Go down

CNET Prize Fight: Xbox 360 Slim vs Sony PS3 Slim
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: