This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are people really that ignorant?

Go down 
+12
lightlamp
DemonWolf
ghost23
Shin_Akuma
Stoney
Arbiteris
handkerchief
Pein
TRF
Inuboy1000
Invincible
optimusprime
16 posters
AuthorMessage
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

Are people really that ignorant? Empty
PostSubject: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:02 pm

I read a thread on Biowares forum (mass going to ps3), now having thought about it since the announcement I love the series, I feel great more people are going to invest into it, no problem there but a few people were posting comments such as

"oh god here come the n4g ps3 brigade"

"ps3 fanboys on this forum now, i'm out"

and stuff like that, I can understand to a certain degree where they are coming from but a few people responded with claims such as the 360 is a kiddys console, 13 year old brats dominate Live and the one that makes me laugh the most...Xbox Live is the most immature online service out there which means most immature people play 360. Heres a few things that spring to mind when people say this:

1) Is that fact? Prove it with exact numbers not just a personal experience or experiences
2) Every Xbox 360 comes with a headset to dive into the online experience to talk
3) If every console comes with a headset there is a good chance a lot of people are going to talk isnt there and since there is good
and bad in all walks of life how the fuck can you possibly say its the most immature when there is a better chance listening to what people are in terms of personality? there is no them and us. end of story.
4)If Sony had used their heads and packed a headset with every PS3 with a unfied Playstation Network, what are the chances of 13 year old brats spouting shit in games?
5) Why is there a trend of people getting sick and tired of PS3 fanboys on Youtube, N4G, Destructioid, GamesTrailers, Eurogamer, VG247, IGN, Videogamer known for spitting their dummys out, protests, booing at game launches and so forth? Is that the sign of a mature gamer if they go around typing "XBOTS" every five minutes?

I could go on, thing is there is no barrier here, there are dickheads who play xbox and there are dickheads who play PS3, so what kind of logic can a person/persons have if they just brand one bad and the other better? it doesnt work that way, if a online service offers a more community type feel, better chance to be heard and mix with other gamers there is a outstanding chance you are going to meet dickheads right?

narrow minded people drive me fucking mad...ARRGGGHHH. Ha ha, seriously though, I think some of you may of come across similar claims in your path of life.

regards

Mr.O.Prime
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:33 pm

I usually don't hear too many kids when I play on XBL. Maybe it's because I don't play Halo.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:36 pm

I have heard children in Halo. However most PS3 owners do not have headsets, and given the circumstances that most PS3 fanboys (adults usually) are just as ignorant and immature as the children on XBL, I think that counts for something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:50 pm

I usually avoid in-game voice chat in the popular games like Call of Duty and Halo.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:13 pm

TRF wrote:
I usually avoid in-game voice chat in the popular games like Call of Duty and Halo.
sometimes some people say some funny things,halo is mostly kids talking while call of duty has some adults and kids,its mixed..once when i was playing kane and lynch 2 online cops vs robbers,one of the cop players who had a mic started yelling at the people who were the robbers "ON THE GROUND NOW..THIS IS THE POLICE!!" and one of the robbers said "FUCK YOU,YOU WONT TAKE ME ALIVE!!!".it was hilarious in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:19 pm

if you give a mic to someone, on any game system, thats going through puberty they will scream down the mic and TRY to assert thier manly hood.

those kids will get more attention so obviously people will more likely remember them.

who here counts the amount of peaceful games they have played or games where theres decent people? no one. we are just greatful with the the great people we play with.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Kids in Halo?Not that much anymore.Used to be alot,but more are playing COD now
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:18 pm

matrixrory wrote:
if you give a mic to someone, on any game system, thats going through puberty they will scream down the mic and TRY to assert thier manly hood.

those kids will get more attention so obviously people will more likely remember them.

who here counts the amount of peaceful games they have played or games where theres decent people? no one. we are just greatful with the the great people we play with.

This 110%.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 pm

TRF wrote:

Yeah, same. Most of the time im in party chat with people anyways.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:33 am

Nut 13 year old brats do dominate Live...
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Nut 13 year old brats do dominate Live...

There are just as many 13 year olds on PSN, it just that their mums won't buy them a mic for the PS3.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:16 am

Interesting topic. Very good points. Yeah you get retards from both sides but I think in general, ps3 fanboys are worse. I hate their stupid claims, especially when they're far from true.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:34 am

I was playing WAW on PS3 yesterday and heard this 12 year old saying some pretty bad stuff that i wont repeat....there on both systems its just that not everyone on PSN has a mic
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:37 am

lightlamp2 wrote:
I was playing WAW on PS3 yesterday and heard this 12 year old saying some pretty bad stuff that i wont repeat....there on both systems its just that not everyone on PSN has a mic

Exactly! Not only that, but you get paedos and stalkers on Home. I'm sure it would be the same on Live if it also had the feature but still...what's worse? lol
Back to top Go down
popjack88
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:42 am

Theres Even dicks on battlenet
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:09 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

Exactly! Not only that, but you get paedos and stalkers on Home. I'm sure it would be the same on Live if it also had the feature but still...what's worse? lol
Angelus the Wraith has confessed to doing this.
Back to top Go down
Angelus the Wraith
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:12 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

Are people really that ignorant? Image210
I'm the guy with wings in the background, next to the tree.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:20 pm

^
|
|

ROFLMAO!!!! epic Razz
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Angelus the Wraith wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:

Are people really that ignorant? Image210
I'm the guy with wings in the background, next to the tree.
lol!
Back to top Go down
popjack88
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Are people really that ignorant?   Are people really that ignorant? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:47 am