This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!

Go down 
+6
Alan1994
Jamin
daveMastaKill
TRF
Teckno
DemonWolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! Empty
PostSubject: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:12 pm

LMAO!!
Some of you have seen this vid before, it shows pretty much how inaccurate Move is.
But I just noticed something EVEN MORE funny... look behind the screen. Do you see those girls? LOL!!!

xD The funny thing is, in the comment section of this very video some ps3 fanboy wrote:
Quote :
atleast move has real games lol

LAWL! Yes...... dancing ...that's what a "real game" is? And it has 8 thumbs up. *facepalm*

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 pm

It has a casual game... Sue Sony. Ofcourse it going to have it's casual game, but, they choose to focus on Hardcore Gamers more.
And it could be technical interference. Cellphones etc etc
The amount of people in that room doesn't help either.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:23 pm

The Fight: Lights Out had been reported to be one of the few games Move doesn't work great with. It's the software, brah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:11 pm

IGN said it was a hit and miss with some games. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Motion controls kills videogames = fact
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Noo read what I wrote guys. The whole point of this topic is that ps3 fanboys are saying Move isn't aimed at casuals and are saying Kinect for having some casual games like SKITTLES!!

but look in the background of the video.

A group of girls dancing with MOVE controllers in their hands. Lmao Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:11 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Noo read what I wrote guys. The whole point of this topic is that ps3 fanboys are saying Move isn't aimed at casuals and are saying Kinect for having some casual games like SKITTLES!!

but look in the background of the video.

A group of girls dancing with MOVE controllers in their hands. Lmao Very Happy
Move was never solely aimed at hardcore gamers. It's aimed at both. Kinect, however, is only aimed at casuals (as of now).
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:36 pm

What is your point, pspvampire? Move has always been aimed at Casual AND Hardcore. =/ Where have you been? And how many videos are there with Move being inaccurate compared to Kinect? The reviews of Move have come out, and its gotten the majority of positive feedback.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Jamin wrote:
What is your point, pspvampire? Move has always been aimed at Casual AND Hardcore. =/ Where have you been? And how many videos are there with Move being inaccurate compared to Kinect? The reviews of Move have come out, and its gotten the majority of positive feedback.

My point is that people criticise Kinect for being casual based. In this video there are two fails, one is that Move fails miserably on the hardcore game and two, is that the majority of people using it are girls doing some dancing thing. Razz

And Kinect is aimed at hardcore + casual too. Mainly casual but I think Forza and that Star Wars game are not casual games. Plus Mass Effect 3 will use Kinect. Is that casual? I think not.

Both of the motion controls have hardcore and casual, it's just funny that ps3 fanboys claim their Move isn't casual. Motion controllers are always mainly casual and this video pretty much shows it.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:43 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

My point is that people criticise Kinect for being casual based. In this video there are two fails, one is that Move fails miserably on the hardcore game and two, is that the majority of people using it are girls doing some dancing thing. Razz

And Kinect is aimed at hardcore + casual too. Mainly casual but I think Forza and that Star Wars game are not casual games. Plus Mass Effect 3 will use Kinect. Is that casual? I think not.

Both of the motion controls have hardcore and casual, it's just funny that ps3 fanboys claim their Move isn't casual. Motion controllers are always mainly casual and this video pretty much shows it.
I wouldn't count Forza or Mass Effect, Kinect is only implemented in little parts of those games.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

People criticized Kinect for showing to be a shaky piece of hardware & for hyping up hardcore possibilities, but at E3 everyone was thrown things like Kinectimals & Kinect Adventures. And then there was all the fake videos made regarding Kinect, like Milo.

The Star Wars game? Did we watch the same trailer? If you think that's hardcore, I think you need to have a look at Red Steel 2. I doubt it was even real. How do you think Mass Effect 3 will use Kinect? You'll get nothing more than a mini-game with a Mass effect skin on it. XD You dont control the whole game with Kinect, that is impossible. But if you want to count games like ME3 for having tiny little Kinect portions, fine, I'll let ya REEEEEEEEEEEACH!

Lets not forget that just about every FPS & Shooter coming out will be Move enabled, including games like LBP2, RUSE, and Sorcery.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

People criticized Kinect for showing to be a shaky piece of hardware & for hyping up hardcore possibilities, but at E3 everyone was thrown things like Kinectimals & Kinect Adventures. And then there was all the fake videos made regarding Kinect, like Milo.

The Star Wars game? Did we watch the same trailer? If you think that's hardcore, I think you need to have a look at Red Steel 2. I doubt it was even real. How do you think Mass Effect 3 will use Kinect? You'll get nothing more than a mini-game with a Mass effect skin on it. XD You dont control the whole game with Kinect, that is impossible. But if you want to count games like ME3 for having tiny little Kinect portions, fine, I'll let ya REEEEEEEEEEEACH!

Lets not forget that just about every FPS & Shooter coming out will be Move enabled, including games like LBP2, RUSE, and Sorcery.
Well said. The biggest involvement Kinect can have in a game is a tiny bit of involvement in a mini-game. Hell, Fable III was going to have it, but only for the new Touch feature (and now all Kinect usability has been taken out of the game by Peter Molyneux, Kinect's #1 advocate). With Move, you can play the game solely using the Wand and subcontroller.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Teckno wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

I wouldn't count Forza or Mass Effect, Kinect is only implemented in little parts of those games.

Really? Forza is not only going to let you completely drive but it lets you also interact with the car. It's implemented into it a lot!
Mass Effect? Well they said themselves they don't want it to be a huge thing but hey, they said they're not going to make it some kind of dance-dance Krogan.

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:

lol I don't see how Kinect being a "shaky piece of hardware" is at all relevant. Are you just trying to bash everything Xbox 360-related?

LOL Okay, so you're saying some punching game is hardcore but cutting enemies up with a lightsaber isn't?
Seriously, you may as well call God Of War casual.

Check the interview. They said they will NOT be making a simplistic casual mini-game.

Btw you're "wun mirrion twuwps" comment has been stuck in my head all day, I keep saying it to myself XD

Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:07 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

lol I don't see how Kinect being a "shaky piece of hardware" is at all relevant. Are you just trying to bash everything Xbox 360-related?

LOL Okay, so you're saying some punching game is hardcore but cutting enemies up with a lightsaber isn't?

Check the interview. They said they will NOT be making a simplistic casual mini-game.

Btw you're "wun mirrion twuwps" comment has been stuck in my head all day, I keep saying it to myself XD

Ok, I'm starting to think you got SKITTLES on the brain. By shaky, I mean the camera peripheral ALWAYS shows signs of having a much greater percentage of error than PSMove & Wiimote.

Did I say anything about The Fight being hardcore? I mentioned the specific games that really show what Move is capable of. And what are you talking about? That Star Wars trailer was obviously FAKE. "Cutting enemies up" You really didnt watch the trailer did you? He merely TOUCHES them with the Light Saber and they drop DEAD. There is no decapitation or "cutting" as you put it. One storm trooper even hits the ground and shakes his head, as if saying "Why does this exist?". Kinect has enough on its plate detecting your body, but you actually think it can map a SWORD that accurately in your hand. Watch the trailer again, and think back to all the other "promises" that Microsoft threw out there in 2009. XD Lmao, it cant even map a little girls hands correctly, and you think it can do full body motion capture with integration of a sword being tracked to one's hand. XD Do you remember RICOCHET? How well did that game work? People's legs were going BERSERK in the old build & the new build. XD
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Ok, I'm starting to think you got SKITTLES on the brain. By shaky, I mean the camera peripheral ALWAYS shows signs of having a much greater percentage of error than PSMove & Wiimote.

Did I say anything about The Fight being hardcore? I mentioned the specific games that really show what Move is capable of. And what are you talking about? That Star Wars trailer was obviously FAKE. "Cutting enemies up" You really didnt watch the trailer did you? He merely TOUCHES them with the Light Saber and they drop DEAD. There is no decapitation or "cutting" as you put it. One storm trooper even hits the ground and shakes his head, as if saying "Why does this exist?". Kinect has enough on its plate detecting your body, but you actually think it can map a SWORD that accurately in your hand. Watch the trailer again, and think back to all the other "promises" that Microsoft threw out there in 2009. XD Lmao, it cant even map a little girls hands correctly, and you think it can do full body motion capture with integration of a sword being tracked to one's hand. XD Do you remember RICOCHET? How well did that game work? People's legs were going BERSERK in the old build & the new build. XD

Your avatar is creepy and disturbing.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

You've never seen Rosie O'Donnell before?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:43 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

You've never seen Rosie O'Donnell before?

Noppee.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Some guy said that Sonic Riders isa core title.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Wow this thread was poorly made. I saw IGN's review of Move a few hours before this and you said that it fails at hard core games because of The Fight. IGN said that it has great control and accuracy if devs do it properly like Eyepet and Sports Champs. As time goes on, ppl will get better at developing for it, and move controls in Hardcore games like LBP2, KZ3, MAG, RUSE, Socom 4, etc look amazing.

And we have yet to see Kinect even play a hardcore game aside from that on-rails forza demo. Also the things in Fable and ME3 are just for interacting with people. God can only imagine doing the Fable Dance in real life just to get a virtual wife. This is why I'm getting move over kinect.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:47 am

This motion controller revolution we've seen take off this generation won't be around much longer and i'm calling it right here. The casuals are becoming too preoccupied with thier iphone apps these days to give a shit about video games anymore. I for one say thank god and it's just a shame the wave didn't break and recede sooner. Although it leaves Kinect and Move in deep shit and both are pretty much guaranteed to fail with the exception of the core PS3 owners who may buy Move for a couple of core games.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:16 am

PhunkGamer wrote:
Some guy said that Sonic Riders isa core title.

Well that is his opinion and that is good.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:17 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
This motion controller revolution we've seen take off this generation won't be around much longer and i'm calling it right here. The casuals are becoming too preoccupied with thier iphone apps these days to give a shit about video games anymore. I for one say thank god and it's just a shame the wave didn't break and recede sooner. Although it leaves Kinect and Move in deep shit and both are pretty much guaranteed to fail with the exception of the core PS3 owners who may buy Move for a couple of core games.

Isn't Kinect getting pre-ordered like crazy or something?
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:55 am

Pickles wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Isn't Kinect getting pre-ordered like crazy or something?

I imagine it is, however the the real question is sustainability.

I suppose time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!   b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!! Empty

Back to top Go down

b.b.b.b.but Kinect only has casual games!! Move has real games!!
Page 1 of 1