This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New kinect video is... Less than impressive.

Go down 
+13
Pein
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
TRF
defenestrate_me
Alan1994
Arbiteris
Noelol
DemonWolf
Diplo
Ozsem
Stoney
Shin_Akuma
master_kush69
17 posters
AuthorMessage
master_kush69

New kinect video is... Less than impressive. Empty
PostSubject: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:40 pm

lol that does look terrible.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Looks dirt.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:53 pm

I bet it will be better when it comes out on retail date.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Ozsem wrote:
I bet it will be better when it comes out on retail date.

I bet it wont.
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Diplo

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:54 pm

I stand by my opinion that most motion control like this is bullshit and stupid.

having set buttons with some movement>complete movement

now, i don't know how good move will be, but so far wii>>>move>kinect
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:48 pm

I've only watched a few seconds because I detest gametrailers.

But it seemed okay...

What's so bad about it? Please explain what's so bad about it ...all I see is hate, fair enough, but with no reasons. All I saw (from the beginning) was people moving their bodies and the avatars doing the exact same thing. It seemed to be working fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Diplo

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:50 pm

watch the next couple minuets

avatars disappear, and then they try to be autobots.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Uhhhhhh....wtf did I just watched? It looked like the 2 avatars were getting fucked.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:04 pm

This looks okay.the avatars moved as the person did(as in arms,legs ect) but the avatar animation kept F*cking up

Well lets hope MS improve before November
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Software issue.
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Diplo

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Software issue.

that is a pretty baseless claim
Back to top Go down
defenestrate_me

defenestrate_me

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Ever wonder how buggy kinect is? Well BAM there it is!

This is basically eyetoy 3.0 and I have no idea why they are so optimistic and expect to sell this thing. Even SONY isn't planning on selling that many Move controllers/bundles and Microsoft has barely been pushing kinect either besides an ad here and there.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:31 pm

pifarm wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Software issue.

that is a pretty baseless claim

The video shows no lag or miscommunication between the hardware and the screen.

The bad animations on screen have to do with game engine issues which are software related.

My stance on Kinect has always been that the tech is alright but the games that utilize it are not. It's not any different now after I watched that video.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Someone needs to perform an exorcism on those avatars. On a side note, I have the same Metallica t-shirt as that one guy.

Also, meh to Kinect. Meh. I'm sick of complaining about it, frankly. I'm too tired to bash it.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:40 am

TRF wrote:
Someone needs to perform an exorcism on those avatars. On a side note, I have the same Metallica t-shirt as that one guy.

Also, meh to Kinect. Meh. I'm sick of complaining about it, frankly. I'm too tired to bash it.

The Master of Puppets T-Shirt was the highlight of the video!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:56 am

they look like they have seizures or something..its scary.
i honestly dont care at all for kinect but i hope microsoft fixes it before launch
Back to top Go down
Shoke
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Shoke

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:49 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

But it seemed okay...

What's so bad about it? Please explain what's so bad about it ...all I see is hate, fair enough, but with no reasons. All I saw (from the beginning) was people moving their bodies and the avatars doing the exact same thing. It seemed to be working fine.

I don't want to start anything, but you are in deep denial. How bout we watch the whole video, and not just a "few seconds"? The avatars were doing the exact same thing? Man, I didn't know us humans can TURN INVISIBLE and had 10 joints in our arms!

It was terrible man, face the facts.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:41 am

Damn they better fix that shit.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 am

Shoke wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

But it seemed okay...

I don't want to start anything, but you are in deep denial. How bout we watch the whole video, and not just a "few seconds"? The avatars were doing the exact same thing? Man, I didn't know us humans can TURN INVISIBLE and had 10 joints in our arms!

It was terrible man, face the facts.
The demonstrators were magical Russian acrobats. The tech works fine. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Lol, I love this video! I love how one avatar literally ABSORBS the other and then quickly craps out another avatar. XD But this is what Kinect is capable of. Its a tech demo, and all its supposed to do is capture movement & translate it to the avatars. Do you really think a software giant like Microsoft made a bad tech demo? Or do you think the technology just isnt up to par? Tech demos show the technology.
Back to top Go down
MrPink
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
MrPink

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 pm

That was.....
Who am I fucking kidding, can the game industry stop doing this? I mean seriously, no one wants to play with motion controls anymore.
I blame you Microsoft and Sony, for thinking you could ride on the coattails of Nintendos success.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:34 am

MrPink wrote:
That was.....
Who am I fucking kidding, can the game industry stop doing this? I mean seriously, no one wants to play with motion controls anymore.
I blame you Microsoft and Sony, for thinking you could ride on the coattails of Nintendos success.

David Wong from Cracked says it the core gamers fault.

Supposedly, games are getting low sales right now.

Because gamers will stop playing if they're isn't some new gimmick every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New kinect video is... Less than impressive.   New kinect video is... Less than impressive. Empty

Back to top Go down

New kinect video is... Less than impressive.
Page 1 of 1