This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach Review

Go down 
+3
Arbiteris
Pein
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:20 am

THE STORY
the story is about a spartan team named Noble,there are 6 members in the team and you are playing as a replacement to the last noble 6 (the guy in the live action action trailer with the bomb),their captain named Holland orders them to investigate something strange at a mountain like place to see whats wrong,when Noble team investigates the place,they are attacked by the covenant and Carter (Noble 1) tells Holland that Reach is invaded by the covenant,after that the big battle begins for reach,now we all know that reach will fall,but there is a big surprise at the last moments of the game,i may spoiled it a bit but you will see what i mean,the game has amazing characters and this is the first time in a halo game that the spartans are portrayed more like humans than just big powerful just taking orders soldiers with no face.i like that and it has everything wrapped up at how halo 1 starts,the story is freaking amazing,its the most epic story in my opinion for this year soo far and it has amazing story telling and characters,it gets a bit emotional especially at the end and that feeling of despair and how reach will fall really gets you kinda like in odst,when you are alone at night in new mombasa..

so for the story

seriously the story is even better than halo 1 in my opinion and i think halo 1 had the most amazing story before reach..

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are freaking amazing,the character models look spectacular,every little detail in this game is just mindblowing,the art design is freaking amazing and the weapons are way better than the last halo not to mention they look way better,the new weapons for the covenant are awesome and everything about this game looks awesome,now there might be some few bad textures in the game but other than that the graphics are amazing and reach looks spectacular..

so for the graphics

i think the graphics are kick-ass and when you are playing this game with some hdtv you will see what i mean..

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay is way better than the past halo games,you have new abilites,like armor lock,jetpack,and other stuff youve seen so far,the gameplay is changed but at the same it isnt changed that much because it still feels like a halo game,the shooting is way better than the past halo games,and the hit detection is way more improved than halo 3 or odst,the enemies are mostly the same you have been shooting since halo 1,the elites are back and they run from you a lot and they evade most of the but they are strong as hell,other than the elites,the enemies are the same as the other halo games but the big change about the gameplay is that the covenant dont speak english in this game,i can hear the brutes saying stupid stuff in halo 3 and odst same with the grunts but here they speak on their alien language which makes them feel more like aliens than the past halo games,the assassinations are awesome,it has some kick-ass animations and its done well,firefight is more awesome than the last because now you can make which enemies you want in the wave and you can make yourself invincible by making that you dont want to take any damage from the enemies,also you can jump higher and you can make the weapons soo powerful that with one sniper bullet you can destroy a wraith tank..basically you can make your spartan like chuck norris..forge world is freaking phenomenal,everything you saw from the vidoc you can make in forge world and its fun as hell,the only downside in the gameplay for me is that the AI for the humans is bad,Noble team may be better but the UNSC soldiers are bad.but i wont take any points because they dont matter at all in the gameplay

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
fun factor is the highest.well this game is even better than halo combat evolved in my opinion,the new match types,maps,campaign,firefight and forge world is freaking amazing,this game may keep you busy till next year,it has soo much stuff to do in this game that i barely scratched the surface in this review,i never liked halo much at all,but this game is just the best game this year and one of my most favorite video games of all time,this is what bungie made it with its heart and im glad this game turned out to be their best...ive never gave a perfect 10 in my life for any video game (except deadly premonition but that was sarcasm) hehe

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:HALO REACH GETS A..
10.0=BAD ASS SEAL OF APPROVAL FOR ME Razz
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 pm

I haven't played the game, but a 10 for story and graphics? Are you really saying they are perfect and couldn't be improved in any way?

If the story is a 10, then what does that make Animal Farm? To Kill A Mockingbird? The Catcher in the Rye? Peter Pan? I know these aren't games, but they are all great stories, and when you throw around perfect scores so frivolously, I wonder what you would think of literary classics.
And the graphics? By giving them a perfect score, you are implying it's not possible for it to look any better, whether technically or artistically.

I'm not saying it's a terrible review, but when you give perfect scores so easily it almost makes the score meaningless.
Unless you genuinely think that the graphics and story are the best that have ever graced the earth, in that case, fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:55 pm

GGM wrote:
I haven't played the game, but a 10 for story and graphics? Are you really saying they are perfect and couldn't be improved in any way?

If the story is a 10, then what does that make Animal Farm? To Kill A Mockingbird? The Catcher in the Rye? Peter Pan? I know these aren't games, but they are all great stories, and when you throw around perfect scores so frivolously, I wonder what you would think of literary classics.
And the graphics? By giving them a perfect score, you are implying it's not possible for it to look any better, whether technically or artistically.

I'm not saying it's a terrible review, but when you give perfect scores so easily it almost makes the score meaningless.
Unless you genuinely think that the graphics and story are the best that have ever graced the earth, in that case, fair enough.

dude wtf? i just liked the story and the graphics,ive given a lot of other games that arent a 10 in overall,but ive given a 10 for the story and the graphics,i just liked how the story is potrayed in this one and the battle for reach is well done,as for the graphics,play the game you will see what i mean about the graphics.i liked the game a lot.its my favorite game this year,i never said in the review that there isnt anything better than the halo reach graphics,i just liked the graphics and how every detail is made in this game
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:02 pm

NobleSix wrote:
GGM wrote:

dude wtf? i just liked the story and the graphics,ive given a lot of other games that arent a 10 in overall,but ive given a 10 for the story and the graphics,i just liked how the story is potrayed in this one and the battle for reach is well done,as for the graphics,play the game you will see what i mean about the graphics.i liked the game a lot.its my favorite game this year,i never said in the review that there isnt anything better than the halo reach graphics,i just liked the graphics and how every detail is made in this game

By giving the graphics a perfect score, it implies that they couldn't be improved upon.
Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:07 pm

GGM wrote:

Well no game deserves 10, but if its close why not just give it a 10 anyway. And story is opinion, this could be his favorite story ever.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:15 pm

GGM wrote:

Most stupid post ive seen today.no offense.Those stories arent video games,reviewers rate video games by VIDEO GAME standards.You cant expect a game to have as much story as a novel,book ect.Just because halo reach's story is the best story ever in history(obviously) doesnt mean it cant get a 10

The graphics are great.They dont have to be like crysis or KZ to have a wonderful score.And there is more to graphics than polygons.A game could have a much lower ammount of polygons but still would look great with its art and enviroments.Halo Reach looks better than KZ 2,not by polygons but by art.

And best story is really all preference and oppinion.I would sure as hell take Halo's story over Peter Pan's.It depends on what that person likes

Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:22 pm

NobleSix wrote:
THE STORY
the story is about a spartan team named Noble,there are 6 members in the team and you are playing as a replacement to the last noble 6 (the guy in the live action action trailer with the bomb),their captain named Holland orders them to investigate something strange at a mountain like place to see whats wrong,when Noble team investigates the place,they are attacked by the covenant and Carter (Noble 1) tells Holland that Reach is invaded by the covenant,after that the big battle begins for reach,now we all know that reach will fall,but there is a big surprise at the last moments of the game,i may spoiled it a bit but you will see what i mean,the game has amazing characters and this is the first time in a halo game that the spartans are portrayed more like humans than just big powerful just taking orders soldiers with no face.i like that and it has everything wrapped up at how halo 1 starts,the story is freaking amazing,its the most epic story in my opinion for this year soo far and it has amazing story telling and characters,it gets a bit emotional especially at the end and that feeling of despair and how reach will fall really gets you kinda like in odst,when you are alone at night in new mombasa..

so for the story

seriously the story is even better than halo 1 in my opinion and i think halo 1 had the most amazing story before reach..

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are freaking amazing,the character models look spectacular,every little detail in this game is just mindblowing,the art design is freaking amazing and the weapons are way better than the last halo not to mention they look way better,the new weapons for the covenant are awesome and everything about this game looks awesome,now there might be some few bad textures in the game but other than that the graphics are amazing and reach looks spectacular..

so for the graphics

i think the graphics are kick-ass and when you are playing this game with some hdtv you will see what i mean..

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay is way better than the past halo games,you have new abilites,like armor lock,jetpack,and other stuff youve seen so far,the gameplay is changed but at the same it isnt changed that much because it still feels like a halo game,the shooting is way better than the past halo games,and the hit detection is way more improved than halo 3 or odst,the enemies are mostly the same you have been shooting since halo 1,the elites are back and they run from you a lot and they evade most of the but they are strong as hell,other than the elites,the enemies are the same as the other halo games but the big change about the gameplay is that the covenant dont speak english in this game,i can hear the brutes saying stupid stuff in halo 3 and odst same with the grunts but here they speak on their alien language which makes them feel more like aliens than the past halo games,the assassinations are awesome,it has some kick-ass animations and its done well,firefight is more awesome than the last because now you can make which enemies you want in the wave and you can make yourself invincible by making that you dont want to take any damage from the enemies,also you can jump higher and you can make the weapons soo powerful that with one sniper bullet you can destroy a wraith tank..basically you can make your spartan like chuck norris..forge world is freaking phenomenal,everything you saw from the vidoc you can make in forge world and its fun as hell,the only downside in the gameplay for me is that the AI for the humans is bad,Noble team may be better but the UNSC soldiers are bad.but i wont take any points because they dont matter at all in the gameplay

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
fun factor is the highest.well this game is even better than halo combat evolved in my opinion,the new match types,maps,campaign,firefight and forge world is freaking amazing,this game may keep you busy till next year,it has soo much stuff to do in this game that i barely scratched the surface in this review,i never liked halo much at all,but this game is just the best game this year and one of my most favorite video games of all time,this is what bungie made it with its heart and im glad this game turned out to be their best...ive never gave a perfect 10 in my life for any video game (except deadly premonition but that was sarcasm) hehe

so for the fun factor

Hmm, I'll probably rent it or try to win it. Halo never captured my attention for more than 3 seconds. Plus I'm getting dead Rising 2 instead and I wouldn't give it a 10 from your description, maybe a...8.5? I WOULD GIVE STARCRAFT 2 A 10!!!
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
GGM wrote:

Most stupid post ive seen today.no offense.Those stories arent video games,reviewers rate video games by VIDEO GAME standards.You cant expect a game to have as much story as a novel,book ect.Just because halo reach's story is the best story ever in history(obviously) doesnt mean it cant get a 10

The graphics are great.They dont have to be like crysis or KZ to have a wonderful score.And there is more to graphics than polygons.A game could have a much lower ammount of polygons but still would look great with its art and enviroments.Halo Reach looks better than KZ 2,not by polygons but by art.

And best story is really all preference and oppinion.I would sure as hell take Halo's story over Peter Pan's.It depends on what that person likes

I wasn't saying he was wrong to score it how he did, just questioning on whether he truly believed it was perfect. I don't think such high scores should be thrown around as they are without truly questioning whether they deserve such high praise. No game is perfect, and a 10/10 in every category implies that there is no possible way to improve on it.
Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:35 pm

GGM wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
GGM wrote:

I wasn't saying he was wrong to score it how he did, just questioning on whether he truly believed it was perfect. I don't think such high scores should be thrown around as they are without truly questioning whether they deserve such high praise. No game is perfect, and a 10/10 in every category implies that there is no possible way to improve on it.

The way I see it is if the game is gonna get really close to 10, then why not give it a 10? everyone knows no game is perfect. If you think it is REALLY good, just give it a 10.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:35 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
THE STORY

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR

so for the fun factor

Hmm, I'll probably rent it or try to win it. Halo never captured my attention for more than 3 seconds. Plus I'm getting dead Rising 2 instead and I wouldn't give it a 10 from your description, maybe a...8.5? I WOULD GIVE STARCRAFT 2 A 10!!!

well maybe you dont like halo at all and thats your own opinion,but this game surprised me a lot and i love it to death Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm

NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
THE STORY

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR

so for the fun factor

well maybe you dont like halo at all and thats your own opinion,but this game surprised me a lot and i love it to death Very Happy

I don't hate it but it's not the greatest thing for me. Now Portal, VC, Dead Rising, P4, and StarCraft. Those are my Halos. Z:P
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:38 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
THE STORY

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR

so for the fun factor

I don't hate it but it's not the greatest thing for me. Now Portal, VC, Dead Rising, P4, and StarCraft. Those are my Halos. Z:P
i never said that you hated it but i only said maybe its not your preference,and well yeah theres a lot of other awesome games coming out but i think this one is my favorite so far this year
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:39 pm

NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
THE STORY

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR

so for the fun factor

i never said that you hated it but i only said maybe its not your preference,and well yeah theres a lot of other awesome games coming out but i think this one is my favorite so far this year

WAIT!!! YOU PLAYED IT!!???
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:41 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
THE STORY

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR

so for the fun factor

well yeah,if i didnt i wouldnt made this review..
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:42 pm

NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
THE STORY

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR

so for the fun factor

I thought you were just giving thoughts on some other eview, I didn't read it. Well, how do you get games early!!??
Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:55 pm

HOLY QUOTES! Someone shorten that up lol
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:35 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
THE STORY

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR

so for the fun factor

I thought you were just giving thoughts on some other eview, I didn't read it. Well, how do you get games early!!??

well i have a friend that works at a store and he gives me games sometimes earlier and sometimes very cheap,im very close to him and i get them fast
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 pm

GGM wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
GGM wrote:

I agree every word you said, but sometimes 10/10 can mean it's just a plain awesome game. There is no such thing as a perfect game. Even Halo: Combat Evolved (one of my all time favorites) had some frame-rate issiues, and some of the parts of Keyes could've been better.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:24 pm

How the fuck are you getting all of these games and all of the reviews in time? I mean, holy shit!
Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:48 pm

PhunkGamer wrote:
How the fuck are you getting all of these games and all of the reviews in time? I mean, holy shit!

He got Reach early.
Back to top Go down
Xeno-Left this cesspool
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xeno-Left this cesspool

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:19 pm

I would go buy this right now if it wasnt sold out everywhere in my town. walmart is out, gamestop is out, game xchange is out, even my local video game shop is out. this sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halo Reach Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Review   Halo Reach Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Review
Page 1 of 1