This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Failure Rates....

Go down 
+7
Alan1994
Arbiteris
Teckno
TRF
Pein
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 pm

It's weird, I swear the 360's failure rate is overexaggerated and the ps3's one downplayed!
One of my friends today got I think, something like the yellow light of death (well he's having red and green lights flashing and the system wont turn on). He's only had it for like 6 months and it seems to have just died.
I've had my 360 for almost 2 years and it's never had a problem at all. And one of my friends who has both systems, his ps3 has died twice and his 360 has never had a problem either despite the ps3 being, yet again, newer and on top of that, the 360 is in a tight, confined cabinet whereas the ps3 is in a well-aired area.
How can this be possible?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Sony fanboys. Wink

The are convinced that the PS3 is the better product, no matter what happens to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Sony fanboys. Wink

The are convinced that the PS3 is the better product, no matter what happens to it.

lol yeah I know XD
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:26 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
It's weird, I swear the 360's failure rate is overexaggerated and the ps3's one downplayed!
One of my friends today got I think, something like the yellow light of death (well he's having red and green lights flashing and the system wont turn on). He's only had it for like 6 months and it seems to have just died.
I've had my 360 for almost 2 years and it's never had a problem at all. And one of my friends who has both systems, his ps3 has died twice and his 360 has never had a problem either despite the ps3 being, yet again, newer and on top of that, the 360 is in a tight, confined cabinet whereas the ps3 is in a well-aired area.
How can this be possible?
my ps3 died twice,the first one i got from launch failed at me last september,btw i sent my ps3 for a repair,i payed 200 euros and they didnt did jack shit,i got screwed,i got a 80 gig then and after 2 MONTHS it screwed on me..2 FREAKING MONTHS!!!!! WTF!!!,then i got the slim and its good now but mostly because i barely turn it on,last time i turned it on was for halo legends and the last game i have played on that console is gow 3 and that was 5 months ago!!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Right. Just because you know a few people that have had more reliable 360s than PS3s, the numbers must automatically be tipped in the PS3's favor. I keep both of my consoles in a little alcove and neither have failed on me, although my dad's 360 red-ringed twice on him.

There's no real way to get a perfectly accurate failure rate.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:15 pm

You came to that assumption through personal experiences?
Doesn't work like that.
360 slim is made to be more resistant to heat. M$ also notices the big problems of the old 360.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:25 pm

@ TRF and teckno

Hes just making an observation guys.And honestly,ive thought the same thing as him.im not gonna deny that 360 has its failuers but ive seen tons of people lately saying they got the YLOD or some ps3 failure

Id say they are both even now.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
@ TRF and teckno

Hes just making an observation guys.And honestly,ive thought the same thing as him.im not gonna deny that 360 has its failuers but ive seen tons of people lately saying they got the YLOD or some ps3 failure

I'm questioning it. Not a crime. New Slim 360 and PS3, yea, i'd say they are even. Old 360 and ps3. No way in hell.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 5:12 pm

The old X360 is definantely not a reliable console, broke on me twice in a period of 3 years. Not as bad as my friend who had it replaced 5 times. Yes, 5 times.

Still though, the old PS3 isn't a reliable console as well. I remember in 2007 everyone thought that the PS3's failure rate was like 0.2% or something. Lol, what BS.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Square Trade says the PS3 has a 10% failure rate. Although that's the "fat" so it might be better know maybe.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html

It also says the Jasper unit was at a 4% failure rate after a year, but the slim has a new chipset model so that should be better.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Is that friend me? Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:26 am

Arbiteris wrote:
@ TRF and teckno

thanks for covering that for me. You're right, I'm not making assumptions or anything, just sharing my personal experiences. I just find it funny that a system that's infamous for breaking on you has broken for very few of my friends (just one or two people I know) whereas the really reliable system has broken for quite a lot of people I know, multiple times!
Merely an observation.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:16 pm

i have a friend that has a dead ps3, and multiple friends that have had the rrod..... one of them got it 4 times in 4 months (yikes)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Madtoker wrote:
i have a friend that has a dead ps3, and multiple friends that have had the rrod..... one of them got it 4 times in 4 months (yikes)

Bullshit...it takes like 2 weeks to get a 360 back from MS, there's no way in hell he got it back only to crap out in 2 weeks. Not even in a year would that happen. They aren't that shitty. It would believe 4 broken consoles in a 2 year minimum.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:36 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

Bullshit...it takes like 2 weeks to get a 360 back from MS, there's no way in hell he got it back only to crap out in 2 weeks. Not even in a year would that happen. They aren't that shitty. It would believe 4 broken consoles in a 2 year minimum.

I believe him.

He could have returned it to a retail store and got another one.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Madtoker wrote:

Were any of these recent?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:27 pm

RRoD was always blown out of proportion because of the failures at launch. But it was never really as high as they always claim. The people who are saying that they have had 10 XBOX's RRoD on them are the people who have no idea how to take care of their console properly. If you take any reasonable care of your console, like i have done, you should have no problem with RRoD at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Failure Rates.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failure Rates....   Failure Rates.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Failure Rates....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: