This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kinect will blow away iPad sales!

Go down 
+8
Pickles
Jamin
Freemon34'
GeneralMLD
Stigma
Arbiteris
Xeno-Left this cesspool
Inuboy1000
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

Kinect will blow away iPad sales! Empty
PostSubject: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Destructoid wrote:
Wow, seriously? In a sales battle between two worthless things that nobody asked for, you can't get more pointless than a war between the iPad and Kinect. Nevertheless, Microsoft's corporate VP in charge of sunglasses, Kudo Tsunoda, has claimed that Kinect will annihilate the iPad when it launches.

"The pre-orders have been really strong," he boasts. "As far as what we're looking at for Holiday, this is going to be stuff that'll blow away any of the sales you've seen with iPad.

"The Xbox 360 is already selling better than the Wii and Sony right now. Kinect's really just going to boost that to a whole new level. People who love playing games like the same stuff. They like games that are fun; they like playing games where the more you play, the better you get. Those are things that we're doing really well with all of the Kinect titles."

The iPad sold a million units in a month after launch, with sales that outpaced those of even the original iPhone, and that was with its ridiculous price tag. Demand outweighed supply, and even now sales seem to be going well. Microsoft thinks Kinect can beat that? Good luck to 'em.

Kinect has an advantage with a cheaper price, but I can't help feeling Kudo will eat his words, especially since Kinect is constantly being marketed to a demographic that is not the Xbox 360's market, and possibly never will be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Xeno-Left this cesspool
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xeno-Left this cesspool

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Microsoft is trying to market it to the core audience (now) also but i believe that most people that are going to buy kinect dont even have 360's right know. I also agree with Kudo Tsunoda I think this thing will beast in sells.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Destructoid really need to learn to be more professional like the other major gaming sites
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:42 pm

I don't think it will sell well right from launch. But a year from launch it'll probably drop in price to like $120, or if we're lucky, $100. Then it will sell.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:51 pm

i have faith in Microsofts advertising skills. They really know how to reach an audience.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:59 pm

I'd be suprised if Kinect even reaches the 1 million mark by 2011, but you never know with casuals.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:37 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
i have faith in Microsofts advertising skills. They really know how to reach an audience.

Well actually...
http://www.cracked.com/article_18749_7-ad-campaigns-that-prove-microsoft-was-never-good-at-this.html
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 am

That....that Windows 95 commercial was so bad I actually shed a tear. I literally shed a fucking tear in agony. =(
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:41 am

BlackStigma wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Well actually...
http://www.cracked.com/article_18749_7-ad-campaigns-that-prove-microsoft-was-never-good-at-this.html

I like how 6 of them have to do with Windows and 1 for a handheld phone thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuRQmvykwk
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:38 am

lol keep dreaming microsoft maybe by 2012 they will if they advertise it well enough and all the ipads dissappear by the end of this year and never come back
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:36 am

The Casual Gamers that once upon a time bought Nintendo Wii's are now gaming on their Iphone and Ipad's. MS knows this and want to bait that audience with Kinect. It's quite laughable really.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:04 pm

either way, MS focus on this beating Move sales

baby steps
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Pickles wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Well actually...

I like how 6 of them have to do with Windows and 1 for a handheld phone thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuRQmvykwk

Well perhaps

Quote :
My theory is that they've been so confident about their market dominance that they use ads solely to rub it in our faces, basically saying, "We could make an ad that shows Windows will turn your computer to liquid, and you people will still have to buy it."

Look at these and tell me I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 pm

I think Kinect will do good because people will see it as something "new"
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Off-topic. Kendo, why is it you never play your Xbox yet you look for all these xbox articles? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:10 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Off-topic. Kendo, why is it you never play your Xbox yet you look for all these xbox articles? Razz

LOL, BECAUSE HE IS: NO GAMER Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinect will blow away iPad sales!   Kinect will blow away iPad sales! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinect will blow away iPad sales!
Page 1 of 1