This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I don't need a ps3

Go down 
+17
Teckno
Pickles
Blackou7
Stoicwalker
Noelol
Freemon34'
GeneralMLD
Alan1994
Invincible
Pein
Stoney
ghost23
TRF
Inuboy1000
daveMastaKill
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:10 pm

A comment I recieve frequently on the internet is "why don't you have a ps3?" or "are you going to buy a ps3?".

My response is simply that I don't need one!

These are the games that interest me (to a certain extent) in the ps3's library:

Demon Souls
Littlebigplanet
Killzone 2/3
Lair
Warhawk
Metal Gear Solid

Demon Souls, as good as it looks, is no better than other rpgs I can play on Xbox 360; Oblivion, Fable, etc. On top of that the spiritual successor is coming to 360 so Demon souls can be scratched off the list easily.
Littlebitplanet, this is one game that 360 as of yet, does not have an equivalent of. It's unlike any other game I've played. But as I have the psp version there's little reason for me to play the slightly more advanced version, especially when I can play it at friend's houses whenever I like (after the hours of updates finish).
Killzone, well Killzone 1 I always thought was underrated. I never completed it but I loved the immersion of it. The realism was mindblowing for it's time. But the visuals, animation and realism were the only things that really pulled me in. These days it doesn't take a lot of effort to find a game of a similar style and quality. I'm still interested in the game but it's not significant enough to send me running out to get a ps3.
Lair looks awesome but to be honest, if I were that interested in playing as a dragon I could just buy Divinity 2 and get a massive rpg on top of it!
Warhawk...well it's no better than Frontlines. So I don't really care.
Metal Gear Solid..mgs is the sort of game franchise I wish I could like but never could get into it. The stupidly long cutscenes, it's repetitive nature and sluggish gameplay just never appealed to me that much. If there's any MGS game I'm interested in, it's Peace Walker which could be fun with co-op. And anyway, Rising is coming to 360. That's good enough for me.

Then there's online, free but meh... if I'm paying £5 a month for an excellent online service, where would I get the motivation from to play on an inferior, free service, while the money's pouring out of my account for something much better?

Also, there are too many games on either system to have a need to own both. My taste in games is quite vast. I like most genres and so I'm not going to just get the AAA games of 360 and buy a ps3 and do the same.
No, I'll keep the one system and buy any game that looks good to me. Whether it's 10/10 or 5/10. I'll only ever actually NEED a ps3 if I'd owned at least half of the 360's games. And even then, I'd be missing out on plenty of other games.

And also, importantly, I don't even own most the games I would like to own. Why bother spending money on whole new systems when I've barely even scraped what 360 has to offer?!
I even know someone, he said he's bored of 360 and wants to buy a ps3. I say fair enough but what games have you got? He named a few multiplats. I asked it he had Gears, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 1 or 2, Left 4 Dead 1 or 2 , Crackdown, etc and also some great multiplats. He had NONE!
I said he should actually consider buying games before buying systems.... but no, he's persistant. Nevermind. I don't like him anyway Razz

And then there's the matter of blu-ray. I almost never watch films. If I do, I'll watch dvds or just tv. Especally that I watch films primarly on a standard definition tv!
So pretty much, bluray is useless to me.

So yeah, those are my reasons.

Now please post yours, no matter what your system of choice is.
And if you are multi-system owner, share your reasons why! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:51 pm

360 FTW bitches!
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Nice list of PS3 games you wanted to play...... WAIT WAIT WAIT DID YOU SAID LAIR?

You do know that the game is like...gameplay broken (thanks to the "glorious" Sony invention SIXAXIS) and that's not to mention the shitload of glitches and framerate problems.

If someday you get a PS3 put LAIR out of the goddam list, i'm not joking dude. If you like dragons and stuff...i dunno if the 360 plays it, but get Panzer Dragoon Orta a original XBOX exclusive. That game kicks ass, alot of it.

P.S. The game studio that made the game? Out of bussiness. That just shows how great LAIR is.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:46 pm

I agree with your preference (360 FTW), but I think the PS3 would be a good investment (at least for me in my opinion). If only to play Valkyria Chronicles, however majority of the games you can play on the 360 and they would play exactly the same! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:06 pm

I dunno, I think you gave poor reasons as to why you don't want to play the games. If I played Nier, does that mean I should never try Drakengard? Angelus the Wraith begs to differ. If I played Heavy Rain, should I never play Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy? Just because the 360 is getting the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls doesn't mean the game is worth crossing off your list, especially since there's a chance this game will be different than Demon's Souls and possibly even inferior.

I haven't played Lair, but there's no way in hell it's as bad as Divinity II.

Warhawk is a fun and cheap game that a lot of people still play online. It's the closest thing to Star Wars: Battlefront I've played this generation.

Metal Gear Solid isn't THAT sluggish or repetitive, and yeah, the cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid 4 are somewhat long, but they are incredibly well-done and hook you right from the beginning. The fact that Rising is on the 360 is a bad reason to pass on Metal Gear Solid 4 because MGS: Rising is a vastly different game. It's like if I wanted to pass on getting a Wii for The Grinder because I can get it on XBLA and/or PSN. It's a different game. The Grinder is an FPS on the Wii and a top-down shooter on the online platforms.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:29 pm

I sort of regret buying a PS3 now. That thing was so damn expensive and now with Reach out, I don't ever touch my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:55 pm

When you have the cash to spare, buy one. Trust me. As for MGS, I doubt that interests you at all. Everytime I brought it up you only had negative things to say about it.

But like I said before, if you don't have the spare cash then just stick with the 360.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:20 am

well ive barely touched my ps3 for games,i only turn it on for movies and thats it,as for gaming,i havent touched it since god of war 3...anyway i regret a bit buying the ps3 because it was too expensive,inferior multiplats and not to mention the inferior online..ill keep it for some future exclusives but i doubt ill play it a lot
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:52 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
Nice list of PS3 games you wanted to play...... WAIT WAIT WAIT DID YOU SAID LAIR?

You do know that the game is like...gameplay broken (thanks to the "glorious" Sony invention SIXAXIS) and that's not to mention the shitload of glitches and framerate problems.

If someday you get a PS3 put LAIR out of the goddam list, i'm not joking dude. If you like dragons and stuff...i dunno if the 360 plays it, but get Panzer Dragoon Orta a original XBOX exclusive. That game kicks ass, alot of it.

P.S. The game studio that made the game? Out of bussiness. That just shows how great LAIR is.

lol! I know but it always looked pretty awesome. I like dragons Smile

And yeah, everyone's obsessed with that Dragoon Orta game XD

FullMetalKendo wrote:
I agree with your preference (360 FTW), but I think the PS3 would be a good investment (at least for me in my opinion). If only to play Valkyria Chronicles, however majority of the games you can play on the 360 and they would play exactly the same! Razz

Yeah well.. I don't buy systems for one game Razz

TRF wrote:
I dunno, I think you gave poor reasons as to why you don't want to play the games. If I played Nier, does that mean I should never try Drakengard? Angelus the Wraith begs to differ. If I played Heavy Rain, should I never play Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy? Just because the 360 is getting the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls doesn't mean the game is worth crossing off your list, especially since there's a chance this game will be different than Demon's Souls and possibly even inferior.

I haven't played Lair, but there's no way in hell it's as bad as Divinity II.

Warhawk is a fun and cheap game that a lot of people still play online. It's the closest thing to Star Wars: Battlefront I've played this generation.

Metal Gear Solid isn't THAT sluggish or repetitive, and yeah, the cutscenes in Metal Gear Solid 4 are somewhat long, but they are incredibly well-done and hook you right from the beginning. The fact that Rising is on the 360 is a bad reason to pass on Metal Gear Solid 4 because MGS: Rising is a vastly different game. It's like if I wanted to pass on getting a Wii for The Grinder because I can get it on XBLA and/or PSN. It's a different game. The Grinder is an FPS on the Wii and a top-down shooter on the online platforms.

lol I know I know but tbh if there are ANY games I'd get a ps3 for it would be Demon Souls but one game...? That's not worth it imo. And hey, it's not as if it's going to have a file import or anything so hopefully the new Demon-Soulsish game will be good enough.
And ooh yeah heavy Rain, that's a pretty good game I would like but nah... the stupid button sequences annoy me. I mean, your character needs to walk behind some skip or something to get to the next area. Okay so you press buttons: R, L, RIGHT or whatever, he begins to walk through, then you accidentally press the wrong button or move the analog in a slightly different direction and he GOES BACK and you have to start again!!! AHHH WHY?!

As for Divinity, in actual fact the dragon flying is the best aspect of it. Check it out, the animation is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 am

ghost23 wrote:
I sort of regret buying a PS3 now. That thing was so damn expensive and now with Reach out, I don't ever touch my PS3.

lol yeah. That's what I'd be scared of. My friend who owns an xbox 360 and ps3 only really plays his 360. Another friend who owns a 360 and ps3 only ever plays his 360. And another friend who owns both only plays 360 too.

I mean... I would never play my ps3 at all if I had one.

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
When you have the cash to spare, buy one. Trust me. As for MGS, I doubt that interests you at all. Everytime I brought it up you only had negative things to say about it.

But like I said before, if you don't have the spare cash then just stick with the 360.

lol..but but but...this post is to say there are exactly no reasons for me to own a ps3 XD

NobleSix wrote:
well ive barely touched my ps3 for games,i only turn it on for movies and thats it,as for gaming,i havent touched it since god of war 3...anyway i regret a bit buying the ps3 because it was too expensive,inferior multiplats and not to mention the inferior online..ill keep it for some future exclusives but i doubt ill play it a lot

lol honestly, andrej. You've changed too much XD

But yeah..you'll probably be playing your ps3 a bit more later on this year and next year.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:59 am

DemonWolf wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

lol yeah. That's what I'd be scared of. My friend who owns an xbox 360 and ps3 only really plays his 360. Another friend who owns a 360 and ps3 only ever plays his 360. And another friend who owns both only plays 360 too.

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

lol..but but but...this post is to say there are exactly no reasons for me to own a ps3 XD

NobleSix wrote:

But yeah..you'll probably be playing your ps3 a bit more later on this year and next year.

ive changed? how?
anyway maybe your right,but i doubt ill be getting killzone 3,the only game i might be getting is probably infamous 2.other than that i have no interest for the other games
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 am

Probably a good call, DemonWolf. PS3 has a ton of great games, but I find it very hard to give all my consoles the proper love with a job, girlfriend, and a puppy. I played my 360 yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. And I haven't turned the Wii on since June. I just don't have time to play them all. I want to, but I just can't.

If you're unemployed living in your parents basement, it might be a good idea to get all 3. Otherwise, it's best to just stick with 1 or 2. Don't waist your money if there's only a few games you even care about in the first place.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:49 am

NobleSix wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

NobleSix wrote:

ive changed? how?
anyway maybe your right,but i doubt ill be getting killzone 3,the only game i might be getting is probably infamous 2.other than that i have no interest for the other games

lol you've gone from being a major ps3 fanboy to a person that likes both systems but ps3 a bit more to a person that prefers 360 by a little bit and now you seem to be a person who loves 360 a lot more XD

Invincible wrote:
Probably a good call, DemonWolf. PS3 has a ton of great games, but I find it very hard to give all my consoles the proper love with a job, girlfriend, and a puppy. I played my 360 yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. And I haven't turned the Wii on since June. I just don't have time to play them all. I want to, but I just can't.

If you're unemployed living in your parents basement, it might be a good idea to get all 3. Otherwise, it's best to just stick with 1 or 2. Don't waist your money if there's only a few games you even care about in the first place.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't even have a girlfriend or a puppy (btw awwww that's so cool!!), but I still have almost no time or money for more than one system. I have friends calling me to meet up with them, to go places with them and then I've got loads of college crap Sad
lol well I am unemployed and I live in my parents attic. I'm halfway there Razz
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:48 am

DemonWolf wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't even have a girlfriend or a puppy (btw awwww that's so cool!!),

Yeah, he's awesome. I don't want to get off topic, but I can't help but post a pic of the little guy. Very Happy He's a 16 week old Australian Shepherd.

I don't need a ps3 100_8650
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:55 am

DemonWolf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

NobleSix wrote:

ive changed? how?

lol you've gone from being a major ps3 fanboy to a person that likes both systems but ps3 a bit more to a person that prefers 360 by a little bit and now you seem to be a person who loves 360 a lot more XD

Invincible wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't even have a girlfriend or a puppy (btw awwww that's so cool!!), but I still have almost no time or money for more than one system. I have friends calling me to meet up with them, to go places with them and then I've got loads of college crap Sad
lol well I am unemployed and I live in my parents attic. I'm halfway there Razz

well if you have both systems,you know which one is better...hehe
its more of a opinion but everyone i know that has both systems,everyone thinks the 360 is better and after awhile it is..
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Invincible wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't even have a girlfriend or a puppy (btw awwww that's so cool!!),

Yeah, he's awesome. I don't want to get off topic, but I can't help but post a pic of the little guy. Very Happy He's a 16 week old Australian Shepherd.

I don't need a ps3 100_8650

Oh wow!
He's beautiful. :')
Soo cute!
Ah man I really want a dog.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:30 pm

If you have a X360 there is very little motive to get a PS3. And vice versa.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:03 pm

to be honest, the only game that id like to play would be Killzone 2.........thats it.

certainly not worth buying a new console for one game. id rather buy a standalone bluray player for my TV this christmas, which I will be doing Smile
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:04 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
to be honest, the only game that id like to play would be Killzone 2.........thats it.

certainly not worth buying a new console for one game. id rather buy a standalone bluray player for my TV this christmas, which I will be doing Smile
Well you could always buy a cheap Blu-Ray player, but if you're going for a high-quality one, you might as well get a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:02 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Well you could always buy a cheap Blu-Ray player, but if you're going for a high-quality one, you might as well get a PS3.

You can get a good quality Sony blu ray player for $150 or less. The only thing that sucks is you have to run an ethernet cable to it to receive firmware updates.

I would not recommend the real cheap ones that are $99. I hear the loading times on those take forever. On PS3 they're so fast you don't even really notice it.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:25 pm

There are plenty of ways to get HD movies on the X360 through digital distributiion (Zune Download, Zune streaming, Netflix, etc). I've had an HDTV for 2-3 years and I never felt the need to switch to Blu-ray.

I've seen a couple Blu-ray movies, Zune's quality actually stacks pretty well against Blu-ray's. Though I'm not an overly picky person about a movie's picture quality.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:44 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
There are plenty of ways to get HD movies on the X360 through digital distributiion (Zune Download, Zune streaming, Netflix, etc). I've had an HDTV for 2-3 years and I never felt the need to switch to Blu-ray.

I've seen a couple Blu-ray movies, Zune's quality actually stacks pretty well against Blu-ray's. Though I'm not an overly picky person about a movie's picture quality.

But why pay $6 for a HD movie off Zune or PSN when you can rent blu rays from netflix and keep them as long as you want?

I actually think the 360 does a better job upconverting dvds then the PS3. They look great. But blu ray looks even better...especially animated stuff.

Back to top Go down
ghost23

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:33 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

Not for Killzone 2. Trust me its not worth it when you have Halo Reach.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:15 pm

I agree for the most part DDD, the only good way to get a 2nd console though, is to beg your parents for 1 for a birthday for Xmas. Thats how I've gotten over half of my consoles xD

BTW you left off some of my favorite PS3 games:
Infamous
Uncharted
Motorstorm
Resistance

I almost feel the sameway as you do with a 360 but lets face it we all wanna play Halo and Fable Smile
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Captain Doodle wrote:
I agree for the most part DDD, the only good way to get a 2nd console though, is to beg your parents for 1 for a birthday for Xmas. Thats how I've gotten over half of my consoles xD

BTW you left off some of my favorite PS3 games:
Infamous
Uncharted
Motorstorm
Resistance

I almost feel the sameway as you do with a 360 but lets face it we all wanna play Halo and Fable Smile
Imma add on to this.

Haze
Disgaea 3
Folklore
alien cat monkey pig albino rendeer cherry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I don't need a ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't need a ps3   I don't need a ps3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't need a ps3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next