This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3

Go down 
+6
Stigma
TRF
Ozsem
Inuboy1000
Noelol
Invincible
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 am

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/09/18/disgaea-4-announced-for-the-ps3/

It's an exclusive. So much for the theory it was going to end up on Wii.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:13 pm

I love the first and second game. Its a shame that the 3rd and 4th one are not on the 360.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:21 pm

I wonder why most NIS games are only announced for the PS3. Anyway it sounds good. I do tend to like JRPGs, so this might be enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Dumb move. 3 didn't even do well last time they should have multiplat the next one.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Ozsem wrote:
Dumb move. 3 didn't even do well last time they should have multiplat the next one.
How did it sell in Japan? This is coming to Japan first, you know. Besides, JRPGs never do exceptionally well in the States, unless they're Final Fantasy, of course.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:40 pm

TRF wrote:
Ozsem wrote:
How did it sell in Japan? This is coming to Japan first, you know. Besides, JRPGs never do exceptionally well in the States, unless they're Final Fantasy, of course.

Like garbage. It sold .11 million units. It sold .18 million in the Americas. This game should have been multiplat, theres like 10 million more 360s in the Americas than PS3s. It'd probably sell the same on both systems.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:49 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Ozsem wrote:

Like garbage. It sold .11 million units. It sold .18 million in the Americas. This game should have been multiplat, theres like 10 million more 360s in the Americas than PS3s. It'd probably sell the same on both systems.
like how FF sold twice as many on the PS3 compared to the 360 in the US ALONE?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Captain Doodle wrote:

You mean the superior version, that was expected to be a PS3 exclusive? That's a retarded question-statement. Resonance of Fate and Nier sold around the same in the Americas. The PS3 versions sold better because of Japan, but for a game that sells better in the Americas than Japan that doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Captain Doodle wrote:

You mean the superior version, that was expected to be a PS3 exclusive? That's a retarded question-statement. Resonance of Fate and Nier sold around the same in the Americas. The PS3 versions sold better because of Japan, but for a game that sells better in the Americas than Japan that doesn't matter.
my 103 copies are greater than your 102 copies. The games were shit and sold like shit, at least Disgea gets AA reviews. Also this game was selling back when the PS3 and 360 gap was at its largest in 08, not when its almost neck and neck in 2010.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Ozsem wrote:

I don't know if that many 360 owners are interested in a fairly niche game like this. It's a generalisation, but the majority of people I know with only a 360 wouldn't even give a game such a Disgaea a chance, based on it's looks.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:09 pm

GGM wrote:
Ozsem wrote:

I don't know if that many 360 owners are interested in a fairly niche game like this. It's a generalisation, but the majority of people I know with only a 360 wouldn't even give a game such a Disgaea a chance, based on it's looks.

I wouldn't call this a niche game, there are a lot of tactical RPGs. And with good advertising it can sell decently.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:58 am

Oh no. It looks just like the psp games.

>.<

honestly... a gameboy standard game was pretty lame to see on psp and it continues with the same style on ps3...?

Sigh.

Hope it's downloadable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:30 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

>.<

honestly... a gameboy standard game was pretty lame to see on psp and it continues with the same style on ps3...?

Sigh.

Hope it's downloadable.

I thought you "hate graphics whores". If the gameplay is as good as the previous games, it'll be great.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm

GGM wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

>.<

Sigh.

Hope it's downloadable.

I thought you "hate graphics whores". If the gameplay is as good as the previous games, it'll be great.

Ooh because scrolling up and down a flat surface is really good gameplay. >.<

I wouldn't mind it so much if it hadn't been done a billion times before! It's flat and dull. It doesn't go anywhere. I couldn't care less about it being 2D or 3D or with crap graphics or good graphics if the gameplay was good to start off with.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:34 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GGM wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

>.<

Sigh.

Hope it's downloadable.

Ooh because scrolling up and down a flat surface is really good gameplay. >.<

I wouldn't mind it so much if it hadn't been done a billion times before! It's flat and dull. It doesn't go anywhere. I couldn't care less about it being 2D or 3D or with crap graphics or good graphics if the gameplay was good to start off with.

I don't know what you mean by "scrolling up and down a flat surface", you seem to be implying that's all one does in a Disgaea game. The fun of Disgaea games is the fact that they are solid SRPGs with enjoyable, amusing stories. I consider it to have good gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Ozsem wrote:
Oh yeah, because there is such a huge market for JRPGs on the Xbox360 right? Especially a niche series like Disgaea which practically got all its recognition from word-of-mouth from gamers.
BlackStigma wrote:

It may have sold like garbage to you, but what you think is good sales doesn't matter to the developers. Disgaea 3 is their highest selling Disgaea game. If they were so displeased with the sales before, I'm sure we'd see something different.
DemonWolf wrote:

>.<

Sigh.

Hope it's downloadable.
Hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

>.<

Sigh.

Hope it's downloadable.
Hypocrite.

Gameplay & size. Not Graphics.

Does a game of under 500 mb's really need to be put on a full blu-ray disk and be priced the same as a full retail game?

Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:29 pm

Jamin wrote:
Ozsem wrote:
Oh yeah, because there is such a huge market for JRPGs on the Xbox360 right? Especially a niche series like Disgaea which practically got all its recognition from word-of-mouth from gamers.

O RLY?

Final Fantasy on 360 did pretty well considering the circumstances.
It was the first FF game on an Xbox console wasn't it? If not, either way, it's still been a Playstation focused franchise.
Also the ps3 version was superior overall, that could have affected the sales slightly.
Plus, if it were made available on Xbox Live arcade as opposed to retail the sales could be very good. People are more willing to pay for a gameboy standard game if they're not charged $40 for it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Jamin wrote:

Disgaea is not a niche genre, there are a lot of Tactical JRPGs.

Final Fantasy XIII, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and Infinite Undiscovery all sold above 500,000 units world wide. That's pretty damn good I'd say considering--what? 1 JRPG has broken 1 million sales on the 360/PS3? Way better than what Disgaea 3 sold. And those are the only ones at the top of my head, there may be more. It's not a huge market, but it's not like the PS3 has a huge one either. Hell it may even be bigger.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:48 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Jamin wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

>.<

Sigh.

Hope it's downloadable.
Hypocrite.

Does a game of under 500 mb's really need to be put on a full blu-ray disk and be priced the same as a full retail game?

In my opinion, size doesn't matter. Would the game be more worthy if it had many GBs of cutscenes? Not in my opinion, and Disgaea 3 is around 2GB, not "under 500 mb's".
I don't think the gameplay could be improved by much without fundamentally changing the game, which I wouldn't want, and I don't think other Disgaea fans would either.
I'll certainly be buying it.

Last edited by ∆ on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:18 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

Gameplay, ok, well Disgaea is a game you could spend over 100+ hours playing. I had nearly 300 hours on the first Disgaea. Have you played Disgaea? And I don't believe the size details of Disgaea 3 have been released, so I'm not sure where you got 500 mb's from. Disgaea 3 was released at 49.99, which is not the full retail price.
DemonWolf wrote:

O RLY?

Final Fantasy on 360 did pretty well considering the circumstances.
It was the first FF game on an Xbox console wasn't it? If not, either way, it's still been a Playstation focused franchise.
Also the ps3 version was superior overall, that could have affected the sales slightly.
Plus, if it were made available on Xbox Live arcade as opposed to retail the sales could be very good. People are more willing to pay for a gameboy standard game if they're not charged $40 for it.
I think you misunderstood me, see below
vvvvv
BlackStigma wrote:

Final Fantasy XIII, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean: The Last Hope, and Infinite Undiscovery all sold above 500,000 units world wide. That's pretty damn good I'd say considering--what? 1 JRPG has broken 1 million sales on the 360/PS3? Way better than what Disgaea 3 sold. And those are the only ones at the top of my head, there may be more. It's not a huge market, but it's not like the PS3 has a huge one either. Hell it may even be bigger.
I think you misunderstood. Its a NICHE SERIES, not GENRE. I dont know how you jumped to GENRE, when I said SERIES. Disgaea is not a huge franchise, and its not done by a huge company like Mist Walker or Square Enix. Other niche titles would be the Mana Khemia, Atelier, Phantom Brave and Artonelico series. And also, yes Disgaea is a RPG series, but it plays more like Jeanne D Arc, FF Tactics, FF Tactics Advance, and etc. A lot more strategy involved, and battles are much longer.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:46 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Oh, nearly forgot, those games you mentioned are not TACTICAL JRPGs. Those are RPGs and Action/Adventure RPGs. None of those are classified as tactical. A real tactical RPG would be Valkyria Chronicles, which is the only tactical RPG to release on consoles this generation, it is also considered a RTS game. Tactical RPGs like La Pucelle: Tactics, Disgaea (1, 2, 3, Infinite, etc), Valkyria Chronicles 1 & 2, Jeanne D'Arc, FF Tactics & Advance, and etc take a lot more strategy than all the games you mentioned, because they're tactical. sunny
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Jamin wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Oh, nearly forgot, those games you mentioned are not TACTICAL JRPGs. Those are RPGs and Action/Adventure RPGs. None of those are classified as tactical. A real tactical RPG would be Valkyria Chronicles, which is the only tactical RPG to release on consoles this generation, it is also considered a RTS game. Tactical RPGs like La Pucelle: Tactics, Disgaea (1, 2, 3, Infinite, etc), Valkyria Chronicles 1 & 2, Jeanne D'Arc, FF Tactics & Advance, and etc take a lot more strategy than all the games you mentioned, because they're tactical. sunny

I just listed JRPG's in general. VC sold .92 units. That's pretty good, so TJRPGs can sell, especially considering most of it's sales came from NA, and PS3 owners aren't too different than 360 owners in NA. Essentially you are saying the game shouldn't be multi because it's not very popular. Which doesn't make sense because if it went multi it would become more well known and have a bigger fanbase and the future sales of these games would be better. And Disgaea and VC aren't the only TJRPGs on consoles. There are 360 exclusive Operation Darkness and Spectral Force 3. Regarded, they are not good games, but are TJRPGs nonetheless. I've also seen some TRPGs on XBLA but don't remember their names.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:13 am

BlackStigma wrote:

I just listed JRPG's in general. VC sold .92 units. That's pretty good, so TJRPGs can sell, especially considering most of it's sales came from NA, and PS3 owners aren't too different than 360 owners in NA. Essentially you are saying the game shouldn't be multi because it's not very popular. Which doesn't make sense because if it went multi it would become more well known and have a bigger fanbase and the future sales of these games would be better. And Disgaea and VC aren't the only TJRPGs on consoles. There are 360 exclusive Operation Darkness and Spectral Force 3. Regarded, they are not good games, but are TJRPGs nonetheless. I've also seen some TRPGs on XBLA but don't remember their names.
And yes, Valkyria Chronicles sold well but this game is much different than traditional tactical RPGs. If you played tactical RPGs you would see the differences. Valkyria Chronicles was different enough to drawn in RPG fans in general, not just the tactical RPG players. Disgaea and Valkyria Chronicles aren't the only ones, I forgot about those two games, but I forgot them because they're shit. XD And those games were made by some the companies I was talking about; Idea Factory, Atlus, and Nippon Ichi Software. They aren't big companies with big game budgets and when they do make a game, it is usually on a single platform (there are exceptions. For existing franchises like Ar Tonelico & Disgaea, they're going to play it safe and stick to the platforms that have supported them thus far. We can never know for sure as to why they dont go multiplatform with some of their franchises, but I'm sure they have good reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3   Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disgaea 4 Announced For The PS3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: