This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots

Go down 
+16
yogsam
tahmdick
Master_Chief
ZaFtxX
GeneralMLD
DarkSwarm85
DemonWolf
Shin_Akuma
Noelol
ghost23
Diplo
Alan1994
Teckno
PureSexySound
TRF
Stigma
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:20 pm

wow gt5 looks neat too bad the only racing sim i like is nfs shift
Back to top Go down
yogsam
Seaman
Seaman
yogsam

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Whoa, GT5 looks amazing :O but, after 5 years in development, it HAS to look better than FM3, which i must say, is my favorite racing sim ever, with GT3 on second place Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:50 pm

What makes GT5 stand out IMO is the lighting. The lighting is what makes everything look better on GT5. But after 6 years of development along with a proprietary engine and coming out a year after FM3 I would certainly expect it to look better. And yeah, I'm looking forward to playing it.
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:37 am

lol those all look like bullshots. That shit makes it look like Dirt 2 on a high end gaming rig.
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
TheSnape

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:49 am

I don't think you can compare Forza 3 to GT5. GT5 is leagues above Forza. It's got more tracks, more vehicles, has the Jaguar XF, etc. I would buy the PS3 for GT5 alone.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 am

Josephine Romano wrote:
I don't think you can compare Forza 3 to GT5. GT5 is leagues above Forza. It's got more tracks, more vehicles, has the Jaguar XF, etc. I would buy the PS3 for GT5 alone.

Indeed. More vehicles.....

80% of them are just ps2 vehicles Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:20 am

Josephine Romano wrote:

You sure do like cars Emp.
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
TheSnape

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:03 pm

Stoney wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:

You sure do like cars Emp.

Well, the XF is the golden car in a game. That's the car catching my attention out of all the cars.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:50 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:

That doesn't mean the quality of the cars is significantly lower. They all have a remodeled driving engine, new engine sounds, mechanical damage, etc. The only thing that compromised is the graphics of the standard cars, they aren't "Ps2 vehicles" though. The textures on the cars models have been upped to Premium standards, and they are using the same lighting and shaders as the premiums. They look better than most games, and there are 800 of them. Just because the premium cars are absolutely spectacular, that doesn't mean the standard cars suck.

I'm beginning to to think you are a "graphics whore" Shocked
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:

That doesn't mean the quality of the cars is significantly lower. They all have a remodeled driving engine, new engine sounds, mechanical damage, etc. The only thing that compromised is the graphics of the standard cars, they aren't "Ps2 vehicles" though. The textures on the cars models have been upped to Premium standards, and they are using the same lighting and shaders as the premiums. They look better than most games, and there are 800 of them. Just because the premium cars are absolutely spectacular, that doesn't mean the standard cars suck.

I like how you managed to turn an offhanded remark into some technical graphical argument.... who's the real graphics whore here? lol

And I never said they suck, I'm just staing, they are ps2 vehicles. Please specify where I said they suck or they are not good or anything along those lines...

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:17 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:

I like how you managed to turn an offhanded remark into some technical graphical argument.... who's the real graphics whore here? lol

And I never said they suck, I'm just staing, they are ps2 vehicles. Please specify where I said they suck or they are not good or anything along those lines...

What a Face

You are implying that they are last gen quality cars. Aren't you? I mean I can't possibly see how someone can view it as a good thing. I'm confused as to why you would call them PS2 cars just because they haven't been rebuilt from the ground up. There is still a fair amount of work done on those cars to make them look, drive, sound, and feel like greatness. Obviously not as good as the 200 premiums, but no where near "PS2" or last gen quality.

I mean...do you REALLY think for Forza 3 they scrapped all their work from Forza 2 and started over? No, they used an upgraded graphics engine from the orginal.

Ofcourse I'm a graphics whore, just read my friggen threads in the hardware section. Razz I'm just questioning the statement you made. IZ ALL HOMEDAWG.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:11 am

Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:

What a Face

You are implying that they are last gen quality cars. Aren't you? I mean I can't possibly see how someone can view it as a good thing. I'm confused as to why you would call them PS2 cars just because they haven't been rebuilt from the ground up. There is still a fair amount of work done on those cars to make them look, drive, sound, and feel like greatness. Obviously not as good as the 200 premiums, but no where near "PS2" or last gen quality.

I mean...do you REALLY think for Forza 3 they scrapped all their work from Forza 2 and started over? No, they used an upgraded graphics engine from the orginal.

Ofcourse I'm a graphics whore, just read my friggen threads in the hardware section. Razz I'm just questioning the statement you made. IZ ALL HOMEDAWG.

I see. No I mean, I'm just saying they looked worse than Forza 3 cars, so only 20% of GT vehicles look as good as Forza 3's. And Forza has almost 500 cars, so yeah... 500 good looking cars vs 200 slightly better looking cars and 800 not so good looking cars.

And the difference is, the playstation 2 was the weakest of the three systems last-gen. Forza 2 is an Xbox 360 game.
An upgrade from a game already on 360 > an upgrade from a ps2 game Razz

Razz damn graphics whore. GTFO! lol
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:19 am

DW, Do you have a link to the images of the PS2 cars in GT5? I've heard alot about them but i've never actually seen anything.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
DW, Do you have a link to the images of the PS2 cars in GT5? I've heard alot about them but i've never actually seen anything.

Ah they don't look too bad in this gameplay footage:

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/gallery/d13430.html

Either they've been upscaled further or they just look better in motion.

Here are older pics:

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/35875lf.png
http://www.playstationuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/25q7xi0.png
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
TheSnape

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:08 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:

The XF is not a PS2 vehicle. Firstly, the XF was launched in 2008, and the PS3 was launched in 2007. Therefore, the XF can in no way be classified as a PS2 vehicle. Also, GT5 is the first racing game to star the Jaguar XF
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:44 pm

@DemonWolf

GT4 was the best looking racing game last generation. That game even had 1080i HD support.

The premium cars are not "slightly better looking". It's leaps and bounds over Forza 3's car models. Half a million polygons INGAME for each car. Everything about the 200 cars is modeled.

Standard cars look better than most games, and use a totally different driving physics engine. The 800 cars are still quality.

Besides, you said 500 Forza 3 cars right? So I'm assuming you counted the 100+ cars that were DLC. I definantely expect that after a year or so Polyphony will either remake some standard cars to premium or bring new cars as premium. I wouldn't be suprised if GT5 has a total of 300-400 premium cars before Forza 4 releases.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
@DemonWolf

GT4 was the best looking racing game last generation. That game even had 1080i HD support.

The premium cars are not "slightly better looking". It's leaps and bounds over Forza 3's car models. Half a million polygons INGAME for each car. Everything about the 200 cars is modeled.

Standard cars look better than most games, and use a totally different driving physics engine. The 800 cars are still quality.

Besides, you said 500 Forza 3 cars right? So I'm assuming you counted the 100+ cars that were DLC. I definantely expect that after a year or so Polyphony will either remake some standard cars to premium or bring new cars as premium. I wouldn't be suprised if GT5 has a total of 300-400 premium cars before Forza 4 releases.

Wasn't Forza 1 better, visually than GT4? Ps2 was the weakest system last-gen, after all. And I've played GT4, it looked good for the time but now it looks pretty mediocre. The upscaled vehicles may look okay but okay doesn't cut it. Just 200 vehicles that actually look good? Yes those 200 vehicles look amazing but just 200?!
It's like Dragon Age to me. They spent so much time and put so much effort into making one aspect of the game amazing and then deprived the rest of it of the same attention to detail and effort.
And to further add to that, the tracks still don't look as good as Forza 3's to my knowledge. I thought that with that many years to make the game it would have blown away every single other racing game out there if the developers were any good!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:40 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
@DemonWolf

Wasn't Forza 1 better, visually than GT4? Ps2 was the weakest system last-gen, after all. And I've played GT4, it looked good for the time but now it looks pretty mediocre. The upscaled vehicles may look okay but okay doesn't cut it. Just 200 vehicles that actually look good? Yes those 200 vehicles look amazing but just 200?!
It's like Dragon Age to me. They spent so much time and put so much effort into making one aspect of the game amazing and then deprived the rest of it of the same attention to detail and effort.
And to further add to that, the tracks still don't look as good as Forza 3's to my knowledge. I thought that with that many years to make the game it would have blown away every single other racing game out there if the developers were any good!

"Just 200"

Dude, most games don't even have 50 cars. Hell even GT3 which was critically acclaimed had only 150 cars. "Just 200" have the best looking car detail to date in a videogame, while the 800+ other cars that you keep underrating look better than most games out there. The only difference in features between the standard and premiums are Cockpits and Visuals, the driving physics and the engine sounds are equally as good. Stop trying to act like those cars don't count. Because like it or not you can't get away with calling them "PS2" cars. The standard cars are no where near the quality of the GT4 cars. The standard cars have been REVAMPED using the game engine they have been building for half a decade. The texture quality, shaders, and lighting effects on those cars have been revamped completely. This is what EVERY OTHER GAME DEVELOPER DOES WITH THEIR SEQUELS. Gears 2's graphics engine is just a revamped version of Gears 1. Halo Reach's graphics engine is just a revamped version of Halo 3. Uncharted 2 is just a revamped version of Uncharted 1. Hell, Forza 3's engine is just a revamped version of Forza 2 (AND GUESS WHAT! FORZA 2 WAS A REVAMPED VERSION OF FORZA 1). Calling GT5's standard cars "PS2 quality" is like calling Forza 3's cars "last gen quality".

"Tracks still don't look as good" Based off of what? Off-screen cams? Forza 3 looked extremely ugly on those E3 off-cam videos. All you keep saying is that the game has "2D trees!!!" when that is just the stupidest thing to complain about. Especially when you won't even notice it what so ever. Neutral Guess what? GT5 has 3D grass and wind effects, Forza 3 doesn't. I guess Forza 3's track detail sucks now amirite or amirite?

Last edited by Alan1994 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 3:44 pm

Everybody knows GT is the top dog when it comes to racing sims, but Forza is a top contender, not quite there though. Personally, I didn't like it.

I know from first hand experience its nigh on impossible to get DW to change his mind, so just give up Alan. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Stoney wrote:
Everybody knows GT is the top dog when it comes to racing sims, but Forza is a top contender, not quite there though. Personally, I didn't like it.

I know from first hand experience its nigh on impossible to get DW to change his mind, so just give up Alan. Razz

Forza has always been an AMAZING racing sim for me. I'm a fan of both games which is why I can't stand it when people nitpick on the STUPIDEST THINGS about the games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots   Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 HD Screenshots
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: