This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soundgarden Promotion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Soundgarden Promotion Empty
PostSubject: Soundgarden Promotion   Soundgarden Promotion EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Well, Soundgarden is probably one of my all time favorites. They have pretty much everything I want to see in a band. Good instrumentals, lyrics (simple, but powerful), melody, and they are very structured in their music. I have all their albums and my favorites are badmotorfinger and superunknown. This thread is here to promote them. Okay, I noe a lot of people in this day and age seemed to like a lot of genres of metal, but I grew up from the 90s guys. I grew up with Grunge and Hip-Hop music. You know, Nirvana, Faith No More (okay, they're not grunge, but I discovered them in the 90s), Tupac, Biggie, Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, Alice in Chains, and more. So overall, I love those two genres a lot. I hate hip-hop music today, and Grunge is pretty much dead. I personally miss where everybody on the radio used to write songs how much life sucks and now everyone's doing the opposite which is quite disappointing since I love all that angst and pain. Anyway, let's get back on topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEM-1kKcg7g
If you want something pretty heavy + some heavy screaming + a heart full of angst and pain, this is a good song to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGtCf4wwj3g&feature=related
Another personal favorite of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBZs_Py-1_0&ob=av2n
If you've played Road Rash, you might have heard this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K913KVe3kH8
New single for their new album.

Hope you enjoy the songs!

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden Promotion   Soundgarden Promotion EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:29 pm

I love "Rusty Cage". Chris Cornell is probably my favorite singer of all time. His voice is just so powerful.

I prefer Audioslave over Soundgarden, mainly because Rage Against the Machine is one of my favorite bands, but damn in Soundgarden good. You should also listen to Temple of the Dog. It's Chris Cornell and Pearl Jam. Either that, or Eddie Vedder and Soundgarden. Something like that. Either way, it combines Cornell and Vedder, both of whom have phenomenal voices.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden Promotion   Soundgarden Promotion EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:39 pm

One thing for sure and its the fact that RAtM kicks ass! Awesome band.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden Promotion   Soundgarden Promotion EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:49 am

TRF wrote:
I love "Rusty Cage". Chris Cornell is probably my favorite singer of all time. His voice is just so powerful.

I prefer Audioslave over Soundgarden, mainly because Rage Against the Machine is one of my favorite bands, but damn in Soundgarden good. You should also listen to Temple of the Dog. It's Chris Cornell and Pearl Jam. Either that, or Eddie Vedder and Soundgarden. Something like that. Either way, it combines Cornell and Vedder, both of whom have phenomenal voices.
Yeah man! Rage is awesome. I just love how they're so rebellious.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden Promotion   Soundgarden Promotion EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:11 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
TRF wrote:

Yeah. That's real rebellion, not that stupid emo "I'm gonna be different and not conform to society" (screamo) kind of rebellion.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden Promotion   Soundgarden Promotion EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:09 pm

I loved Nirvana and Faith No More!
Not so much these days :/

Soundgarden > Audioslave imo. I'm not a fan of either though really.

I can understand why people like that kind of music though. Wink
I would do an Avenged Sevenfold Promotion, except I know GGM would be trolling all over it Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden Promotion   Soundgarden Promotion EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 pm

TRF wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
TRF wrote:

Yeah. That's real rebellion, not that stupid emo "I'm gonna be different and not conform to society" (screamo) kind of rebellion.

I don't think that's real rebellion. GG Allin was a "real" rebel, whether you like him or not. As was Fela Kuti.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundgarden Promotion   Soundgarden Promotion Empty

Back to top Go down

Soundgarden Promotion
Page 1 of 1