This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

10 Games That Defined This Generation

Go down 
+2
LittleBigGeek
DemonWolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

10 Games That Defined This Generation Empty
PostSubject: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:57 am

Gears Of War
10 Games That Defined This Generation Gears-10

It was one of the first games to showcase the graphics the new generation of consoles are capable of while also providing slick, addictive cover-based shooting action in an epic campaign and really intense multiplayer!

Mass Effect
10 Games That Defined This Generation Tb-mas10

It was the game that seized and took advantage of in-game decisions and how they affect the games. Plus, the Mass Effect games had really exciting campaigns and are probably the only decent sci-fi rpg's out there.

Uncharted
10 Games That Defined This Generation Unchar10

Uncharted (among thieves, to be exact) took the third person shooter genre, put platforming into the mix and a great storyline to create a wondeful cinematic experience! It's also one of the most colourful and nice looking games out there. Really an impressive game.

Red Dead Redemption
10 Games That Defined This Generation Red-de10

The same way GUN was the defining western game of last gen, Red Dead Redemption took the western game crown for this generation. It took nearly every feature gun had, improved upon it and added way more in this exciting, action-packed western game!

Littlebigplanet
10 Games That Defined This Generation Little10

LBP is the game that truly revolutionised platforming games. It's enjoyable to both children and adults and it is filled with content! It's nothing short of a masterpiece in which you can create anything and then interact with it in unimaginable ways!

Halo
10 Games That Defined This Generation Forge_11

Halo was a system seller last-gen. Hell, the Xbox would have barely survived if it wasn't for it. And this statement rings even more true for Xbox 360. It is the Xbox 360's flagship title! But that's just the sales, the Halo games themselves are epic in every single aspect, especially multiplayer!

Alan Wake
10 Games That Defined This Generation 7822d110

Remedy took the thriller genre and managed to successfully merge third person shooter action and combat with light into the mix to create a gripping game which spooks you, excites you and really makes you think....
On top of that, the visuals are good and the storytelling is top notch.

Assassins Creed
10 Games That Defined This Generation Assassins-creed-2124152

I remember when I was still playing gamecube and ps2. When I had no idea of Xbox 360's existance. I remember seeing pre-release screenshots of Assassins Creed. I thought to myself, that can't be real! It was and for years I just gazed in awe at the screens until I finally got an xbox and managed to experience the game for myself. It is, imo, the game that really brought sandbox games to the next-generation.

Forza Motorsport
10 Games That Defined This Generation Forza3_01

Well, GT is still not out so I'd say this qualifies. Forza Motorsport 3 is as of yet, the best racing simulation game out there. It could have had more cars but they are so intricately designed and the tracks look beautiful! And the driving is so mind-blowingly realistic, if a person without a next-gen system played this they would not be able to go back to their last-gen systems.

THE WINNER.......................

Oblivion
10 Games That Defined This Generation Oblivi10

When I think about next-gen, the game that pops into my head first is Oblivion. It's no-doubt the biggest and best rpg out there! It is awesome on so many levels and it's the only game I actually enjoyed doing the side quests for. It's a massive game and it completely raises the bar in every aspect!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
LittleBigGeek
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
LittleBigGeek

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Bioshock?
Dead Space > Alan Wake
Fallout 3 > Oblivion

I think of MGS4 when i think about this gen.

Good list and points tho.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:52 pm

LittleBigGeek wrote:
Bioshock?
Dead Space > Alan Wake
Fallout 3 > Oblivion

Fair enough. But this isn't like a debating thread, I just gave my opinions and want to hear others. Wink

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:08 pm

I don't agree about Oblivion defining the generation, or being the "biggest" or "best" RPG out there. It's dumbed-down, easy, hand-holding, casual and inferior to Morrowind.

Quote :

It was the game that seized and took advantage of in-game decisions and how they affect the games. Plus, the Mass Effect games had really exciting campaigns and are probably the only decent sci-fi rpg's out there.

I'm not putting down Mass Effect, but there are other decent science fiction RPGs, Knights of the Old Republic comes to mind. And plenty of other RPGs from years before Mass Effect was released had choices the player makes effecting later events in the game.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:40 pm

No Wii games?
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 pm

Valkyria Chronicles should be in here. One of my all time favorite games!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
LittleBigGeek
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
LittleBigGeek

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:47 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
LittleBigGeek wrote:
Bioshock?
Dead Space > Alan Wake
Fallout 3 > Oblivion

Fair enough. But this isn't like a debating thread, I just gave my opinions and want to hear others. Wink

Thanks.

And i gave you my opinion Wink i was never trying to debate
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:01 am

LittleBigGeek wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
LittleBigGeek wrote:
Bioshock?
Dead Space > Alan Wake
Fallout 3 > Oblivion

Thanks.

And i gave you my opinion Wink i was never trying to debate

Oh okay Smile lol

Btw this is to everyone else

GUYS!! These are just my opinions. If you think differently, fair enough but stop saying "not this game, not this game, not that game either", just make your own top 10 and then we can compare. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:06 am

I agree with the list.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:30 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I agree with the list.

Thank you Razz

And that's got to be one of the first things we agree on lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Games That Defined This Generation   10 Games That Defined This Generation Empty

Back to top Go down

10 Games That Defined This Generation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Rants, Articles, Columns, Videos-
Jump to: