This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)

Go down 
+7
Blixtstorm
tahmdick
Boba_Fett
Noelol
Shin_Akuma
ghost23
Freemon34'
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) Empty
PostSubject: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Now I have a feeling that Nintedo will start out first. More than likely we'll see their new console at next year's E3 or TGS. How so? Well the wii's sales are less than 50% what they were in 2008, while PS3 and 360 have had an almost equal sales compared to their 2008 sales.

In the New wii, I expect to see an HDMI port and a secured BD player(meaning you gotta hack your wii if you want to watch a movie). I also expect Nintendo to eliminate FCs, and replace them with GTs/IDs do to the difficulty of remembering a 12 digit number. I'd expect a launch in 2012 at a price point of $300.

Then at E3 2012 or CES 2012, we's see the PS4 and the Xbox 3. I expect them to release in the same time frame. I have mixed feelings about their costs, but this is how I see their improvements.

For the PS4 I think sony will use a modified CELL processor, but they will put more poweful cores and make it easier for developers to work with it by partially unifying them. I also expect to see BDXL Technology put into it, and a stronger NVIDIA graphics processor(the one in the PS3 is half as powerful as the ones in high end PCs). As far as BC goes, I see Sony putting full PS1, No PS2, and Full PS3(because of similar CPU, GPU, disc, etc). Expect a release in Holiday 2012-Holiday 2013.

And For the Xbox 3, I think MS will use CELL technology as well, but I think they will use a modified intel i7 chip. I also expect them to implement either regular BD technology or BDXL technology. I expect the GPU in the system to be a modified version of an ATi 5750 graphics card. I also suspect MS to take time on their console so they don't lose 1.5 billion dollars again do to hardware failures. For BC, I think it'll have partial XB1 and Partial/Full 360 support. Expect a launch around the same time as the PS3.

Here is a list of things the console manufactures need to work on:

Online(Sony and Nintendo)
Graphical Output(Nintendo)
Reliability(MS)
Processing(All of them, but in different ways)
Disc Format(Nintendo and MS)
Graphical Processing(All of them, but in different ways)
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 am

I find it hard to believe that the PS4 will launch around the same timeframe as XBOX 3. Sony have always intended the PS3 to have a longer life and the PS3 is just starting to gain a bit of momentum.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:57 am

Everything will probably look like crysis if not a little better. Just like when Doom 3 came out for the PC. Everything sort of looks like that.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:03 am

Now what will the graphics be? Crysis 2?
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:12 am

BC is going to be a huge thing. I think it will just because of how big MP got this gen.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:06 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Everything will probably look like crysis if not a little better. Just like when Doom 3 came out for the PC. Everything sort of looks like that.

Doom 3 was like the Crysis of 2004 only more graphically advanced for its time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkl9zaVCaok&feature=related Yes I quoted myself.
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:53 am

Hopefully next gen the ps4 or xbox361 wont break as much i found BOTH systems to be pretty unreliable
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:

Doom 3 was like the Crysis of 2004 only more graphically advanced for its time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkl9zaVCaok&feature=related Yes I quoted myself.
I agree. Doom 3 was amazing....and scary at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:48 am

The cell processor will probably not be used in future consoles due to the fact of it has been dropped from development by IBM.

No development = No advancement in "teh potenzial".

As for the next gen Xbox it will probably hold a AMD processor and AMD (Ati) Graphicscard. And since the most powerful processor made by AMD today is the AMD Phenom64 X6 Black Edition (Hexa-core).

As Microsoft already have signed AMD/ATI to make a graphics card, it will probably boil down to that. And currently the best GPU card on the market is a AMD (Ati) card (ATI Radeon HD 5970) with the score of 30100 on Futuremark benchmark test.

http://service.futuremark.com/hardware

You know, looking in to stuff is better then assuming Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 2:14 pm

The Cell processor is garbo. All it is is a secondary GPU. All we need is a CPU with more cores and faster cache, and a GPU with 2-3 times the processing power plus a 20 MB eDRAM attached to it.

I'm tired of the stupid AI and linearity in major PS3 exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
The cell processor will probably not be used in future consoles due to the fact of it has been dropped from development by IBM.

As for the next gen Xbox it will probably hold a AMD processor and AMD (Ati) Graphicscard. And since the most powerful processor made by AMD today is the AMD Phenom64 X6 Black Edition (Hexa-core).

As Microsoft already have signed AMD/ATI to make a graphics card, it will probably boil down to that. And currently the best GPU card on the market is a AMD (Ati) card (ATI Radeon HD 5970) with the score of 30100 on Futuremark benchmark test.

Lol, sorry I don't follow ATi's CPUs, just ATi graphics cards. And yeah I know the ATi 5970 is the most powerful one in the ATi series but its in the 5700 family Wink
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Eiffel65 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Lol, sorry I don't follow ATi's CPUs, just ATi graphics cards. And yeah I know the ATi 5970 is the most powerful one in the ATi series but its in the 5700 family Wink

But you should have known that IBM dropped the 'Cell' development for almost 3 years ago. The only people using it is Toshiba (barely) and Sony.

But as for using a Intel i7 as a processor is not so high probability as, Microsoft is going to use a Ati GPU, and since Amd = Ati ---> No Intel.

The only Intel processor ever used (in a gaming console(as far as I found)) was the PIII Coppermine-128 in the first Xbox

And according to Sony themself they are probably going to drop the Cell for a "normal" multi-core processor in the PS4.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/12/28/ps4.may.use.simpler.multi.core.setup/

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/kaigai/20091224_339258.html&sl=ja&tl=en

Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:09 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

But you should have known that IBM dropped the 'Cell' development for almost 3 years ago. The only people using it is Toshiba (barely) and Sony.

But as for using a Intel i7 as a processor is not so high probability as, Microsoft is going to use a Ati GPU, and since Amd = Ati ---> No Intel.

The only Intel processor ever used (in a gaming console(as far as I found)) was the PIII Coppermine-128 in the first Xbox

And according to Sony themself they are probably going to drop the Cell for a "normal" multi-core processor in the PS4.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/12/28/ps4.may.use.simpler.multi.core.setup/

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/kaigai/20091224_339258.html&sl=ja&tl=en

Yeah I predicted that the PS4 would use a CELL like CPU, but it'd be something that is as powerful as a multicore and as simple as to program for as a single core. I only said an intel chip for the 360 becaus I'm not familier with AMD chips as I said earlier.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Lol you guys are such nerds.

You're all going to die virigins, go take a shower.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:33 am

Pickles wrote:

Said the Emo pickle...

Nerd =/= No Girlfriend...

Just to let you knwo that you still have some chance in life. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:12 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Said the Emo pickle...

Nerd =/= No Girlfriend...

Just to let you knwo that you still have some chance in life. Wink
Girl nerds are quite nice. =D My girl and I are pretty damn nerdy; XD I call her Momo, and she calls me Kairi. Two characters from a girly anime called Peach Girl. XD
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 am

Pickles wrote:

We should all look up to you! You're the coolest guy here! . . . which is like being the smartest kid in a special education class . . . basically it doesn't mean shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)   What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates) Empty

Back to top Go down

What I expect the next generation(8th) of consoles to be. (No Sales Estimates)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: