This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Graphics Of The Year?

Go down 
+13
Boba_Fett
Noelol
Pickles
DarkSwarm85
yogsam
Alan1994
Stoney
Arbiteris
Jamin
tahmdick
TRF
Pein
DemonWolf
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Graphics
God Of War
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 16 ]
Enslaved
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Heavy Rain
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Mass Effect 2
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Sniper Ghost Warrior
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Halo Reach
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Alan Wake
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Splinter Cell Conviction
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Castlevania Lord Of Shadows
Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:23 pm

yogsam wrote:
You guys need to play "Castlevania", it's one of the best multiplatform games i've ever seen.
I loved Super Castlevania IV.
Back to top Go down
yogsam
Seaman
Seaman
yogsam

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:31 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
yogsam wrote:
You guys need to play "Castlevania", it's one of the best multiplatform games i've ever seen.
I loved Super Castlevania IV.
Oh yeah, what a classic! i just saw the Castlevania Retrospective on GT.com, so many childhood memories Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 am

I'm going with Alan Wake.

The atmosphere rapes every game you just listed, even Alan Wake itself.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:03 am

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Even the gameplay videos are addictive. I really need to play through God of War III again. That game was phenomenal.

GOW 3 might be a really fun game(it looks fun) but I find it way to cruel and Kratos and an autter asshole.his voice is annoying."raghrr!!Ill have my revenge on olympus and kill everyone!!Grrr!!" I hate it

Plus the gore isnt that pleasent.
I'm sorry. I bet you also hate how his boots don't match his loincloth. It's alright man, none of the in-game gore is gonna get on your dress. Razz

HAHAHAHA PWN! rabbit
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:27 am

Assassins Creed Brotherhood!!!

Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Squad
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 am

yogsam wrote:
Enslaved looks great, Reach has a lot of great stuff but the lack of MSAA and that grain filter just don't do it for me.
I'm going with Alan Wake 'cause is awesome in so many levels.

-Great Atmosphere
-Amazing lighting effects.
-Great Shadows effects
-Cool looking water
-Great draw distance

Remedy, you rock! <3

i have to agree with the part you said for castlevania.it has one of the most amazing graphics ive ever seen in my life.so for me its almost a tie between halo reach and castlevania lords of shadow
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:31 am

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Even the gameplay videos are addictive. I really need to play through God of War III again. That game was phenomenal.

GOW 3 might be a really fun game(it looks fun)

It really isn't.
Once you've played 20 minutes of the first game, you have effectively played the entire franchise.
It is fun for a few hours, I'll admit. But that's it.

I've played GOW1, GOW Coo, GOW 3. I never ever ever want to play GOW Gos or GOW2. What's the point? They're all the same damn thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:34 am

☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:
GOW 3 HR and AW

Same as me. Smile

Heavy Rain is beautiful. I mean, mediocre textures but it looks really nice from a gameplay standpoint.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:36 am

yogsam wrote:
Enslaved looks great, Reach has a lot of great stuff but the lack of MSAA and that grain filter just don't do it for me.

-Great Atmosphere
-Great Shadows effects
-Cool looking water
-Great draw distance

Remedy, you rock! <3

Yeah! Razz
Alan Wake is amazing. Though the interiors needed a bit of work. The texture detail is a little nasty indoors.
Btw I added Castlevania and there's multiple-voting allowed, so....

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:12 am

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:

GOW 3 might be a really fun game(it looks fun) but I find it way to cruel and Kratos and an autter asshole.his voice is annoying."raghrr!!Ill have my revenge on olympus and kill everyone!!Grrr!!" I hate it

Plus the gore isnt that pleasent.

GoW 3 is hella fun. Also the boss battles will blow you away, the scale of most of them is just amazing. Its not just mashing buttons because if you do that you're dead. You have use combos, special weapons, evade. Really cool game.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:44 am

I AM KROTOS AND IF YOU DONT VOTE FOR GOD OF WAR 3 I WILL KILL YOU AND COLLECT THE GLOWING ORBS YOU LEAVE BEHIND!!! YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESIST MY BUTTON MASHING!!! RARRRRR!!!!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:59 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:

GOW 3 might be a really fun game(it looks fun)

It really isn't.
Once you've played 20 minutes of the first game, you have effectively played the entire franchise.
It is fun for a few hours, I'll admit. But that's it.

I've played GOW1, GOW Coo, GOW 3. I never ever ever want to play GOW Gos or GOW2. What's the point? They're all the same damn thing.
Shocked I am in awe. I was hooked within the first twenty minutes of God of War III. Right off the bat, you're given an incredibly epic boss fight with Poseidon. Yes, the games are very similar, but they somehow get better with every iteration, and Santa Monica does add some stuff to every game.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 pm

TRF wrote:

Shocked I am in awe. I was hooked within the first twenty minutes of God of War III. Right off the bat, you're given an incredibly epic boss fight with Poseidon. Yes, the games are very similar, but they somehow get better with every iteration, and Santa Monica does add some stuff to every game.
I know, I know. Its best to not even try, you'll be wasting keystrokes.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:29 pm

TRF wrote:

lol
and?
As good as it may be, it's the same as the previous games, perhaps with one or two VERY minor additions. Graphics? Who cares if the gameplay is near-identicle to the psp game ffs!
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:31 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:

lol
and?
As good as it may be, it's the same as the previous games, perhaps with one or two VERY minor additions. Graphics? Who cares if the gameplay is near-identicle to the psp game ffs!
LETS JUST FUCKING AGREE ON EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTES AND END IT ON THAT OK?! jesus and pspvampire u started this topic about GRAPHICS not GAMEPLAY and TRF stop going on the republic for 10 hours every day waiting for someone to post something
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:39 pm

NobleSix wrote:
yogsam wrote:

-Great Atmosphere
-Great Shadows effects
-Cool looking water
-Great draw distance

Remedy, you rock! <3

i have to agree with the part you said for castlevania.it has one of the most amazing graphics ive ever seen in my life.so for me its almost a tie between halo reach and castlevania lords of shadow

confused

Castlevania has like the same graphics as god of war 3. In fact the whole gameplay is the same. Wtf! Shocked

I cant believe I spent so long downloading yet another GOW clone. As if the gow games themselves weren't already clones of well, themselves.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 pm

☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:

lol
and?
LETS JUST FUCKING AGREE ON EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTES AND END IT ON THAT OK?! jesus and pspvampire u started this topic about GRAPHICS not GAMEPLAY and TRF stop going on the republic for 10 hours every day waiting for someone to post something

lol I know I know but everyone else is talking about it, it's not my fault.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Haha people critisize Halo for being similer each game yet I never see anyone complain about GOW
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:11 pm

☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:
Ten hours a day? I don't even think I'm awake ten hours a day outside of school. I always leave my laptop on every site while I do my homework.

Arbiteris wrote:
Haha people critisize Halo for being similer each game yet I never see anyone complain about GOW
The people who criticize Halo for being the same each time are idiots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Probably God of War 3 but I loved ME2's art style.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:15 pm

u gotta be a total halo fanboy to think that halo has the best graphics

its probaly gonna be grand tourismo 5
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:17 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
yogsam wrote:

-Great Atmosphere
-Great Shadows effects
-Cool looking water
-Great draw distance

Remedy, you rock! <3

confused

Castlevania has like the same graphics as god of war 3. In fact the whole gameplay is the same. Wtf! Shocked

I cant believe I spent so long downloading yet another GOW clone. As if the gow games themselves weren't already clones of well, themselves.
as if halo games arnt clones, or mass effect, or grand theft auto, or mario. who cares, its still fun. besides, gow 3 has a higher metacritic score.
but you are entitled to your opinion, just dont make a statement about it being bad
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Madtoker wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
yogsam wrote:

-Great Atmosphere
-Great Shadows effects
-Cool looking water
-Great draw distance

Remedy, you rock! <3

confused

as if halo games arnt clones, or mass effect, or grand theft auto, or mario. who cares, its still fun. besides, gow 3 has a higher metacritic score.
but you are entitled to your opinion, just dont make a statement about it being bad

Tell me, what is Halo a clone of?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Madtoker wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
yogsam wrote:

-Great Atmosphere
-Great Shadows effects
-Cool looking water
-Great draw distance

Remedy, you rock! <3

confused

Um yeah totally true. ODST = free roam game set in a dark city, looking for traces of other people from the team, trying to find out what happened to them. Halo Wars = a real-time-strategy game..... Halo Reach = Heavily tweaked and improved Halo title, finally really next-gen quality with a full-on map & game creator!
Of course for the most part the game stuck to it's roots and stayed as an fps. But it had numerous titles that stuck out and changed the formula. Out of the 5 games there are at least 2 which stick out a lot. I'd say 3 do.
Whereas God Of War will be on it's fifth title very soon and from what we've seen so far, it's going to be exactly the same as the first, second, third, and other spinoff title.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 8:23 pm

On a graphical level I think God of War 3 has it down. If anyone disagrees that is fine. But how good a game's graphics are on a technical level is not opinionated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphics Of The Year?   Graphics Of The Year? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Graphics Of The Year?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next