This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hardware Rant!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Ok for the past few weeks my 360 has been pissing me off. I mean... first it scratched Battlefield: Bad Company... without the system ever being moved (it had no scratches before the system was moved). Now I just bought a new game, no it was not scratched. However now the 360 is saying "Open Tray" even though the game is inside the console. Believe me its not the game, because I tried two games and it did the same thing. Grrr...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:36 pm

You call that a rant? Anyways, try unplugging the console from the TV and power source and remove all storage units. Leave it like that for a few minutes and plug everything back in and try it again.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Aw, Kendo's rants are cute.

lol

jk
Dude just clean the disk. Wipe it with your t shirt or something and then put it in the 360. Simple as.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:28 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Aw, Kendo's rants are cute.

lol

jk
Dude just clean the disk. Wipe it with your t shirt or something and then put it in the 360. Simple as.
Already tried that. Still does the same thing. Mad
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Do what TRF said and if it doesn't work then you have DRE; which I doubt you could figure out how to fix yourself which means you'd need to send it to Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:45 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Do what TRF said and if it doesn't work then you have DRE; which I doubt you could figure out how to fix yourself which means you'd need to send it to Microsoft.
Probably. But I think the warranty is up. So either two options, get a new 360 and give my current one to my brother, or just get a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:04 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Probably. But I think the warranty is up. So either two options, get a new 360 and give my current one to my brother, or just get a PS3.

It's always kinda boggled me when people get a PS3 after their 360 breaks because that's hundreds of dollars wasted in Live and gam--well that wouldn't apply to you would it? You said you didn't even have the money to buy the sequel to one of your greatest games of all time so I suggest you look up a how to fix it yourself tutorial on google or youtube instead of getting a new one. It's not that hard and since it's broken and out of warranty you're really not risking much.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:43 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

It's always kinda boggled me when people get a PS3 after their 360 breaks because that's hundreds of dollars wasted in Live and gam--well that wouldn't apply to you would it? You said you didn't even have the money to buy the sequel to one of your greatest games of all time so I suggest you look up a how to fix it yourself tutorial on google or youtube instead of getting a new one. It's not that hard and since it's broken and out of warranty you're really not risking much.
Of course that would not apply to me. Wink Oh and about the people buying PS3's when their 360's break. Well yeah they do for a number of reasons. Not to mention the power cord is broke so if I try to take it out of the system the cord will break. So I am pretty much in a bad position, though the new 360 Slim probably fixes those hardware problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hardware Rant! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Rant!   Hardware Rant! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardware Rant!
Page 1 of 1