This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Best Online Games of Xbox Live

Go down 
+2
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

The Best Online Games of Xbox Live Empty
PostSubject: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Post your favourite or current favourite or one of the best online games you've played on Xbox Live!
That way we can find out what each republic member likes playing, arrange times to play with them (lol) and just learn about games you may not have even heard of. Smile (or learn more about them)
Furthermore, we may as well have a topic dedicated to what Xbox 360 does best... the online gaming.

To start this off...

SHADOWRUN
The Best Online Games of Xbox Live Shadowrun
Very addictive online fps
The Best Online Games of Xbox Live Shadow11
When World Of Warcraft meets Counter Strike, this happens.
The Best Online Games of Xbox Live Shadow12
It's not easy at first, you can't just jump into a game and expect to be good, but once you get used to it, you'll love it!
The Best Online Games of Xbox Live Shadowrun_ces
If you think this is like any other fps...
The Best Online Games of Xbox Live Shadowrun_beta
Think again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:22 pm

Once you get used to Shadowrun it is very fun. Unless you suck Razz

But we can't have this thread without Halo 3. Defininitely one of the most played MP games of Xbox ever. Had a great and addictive online.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:15 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:18 pm

looks gay.. Wink

You need to start playing real games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Halo 3 and Gears of War 1 were the best online games of the 360 I've ever played. Gears 2 was disappointing, and Reach is frustrating as all hell.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:43 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
looks gay.. Wink

It's just too difficult for you. Razz You prefer games where you can be a noob and easily rack up kills.
lol

BlackStigma wrote:
Halo 3 and Gears of War 1 were the best online games of the 360 I've ever played. Gears 2 was disappointing, and Reach is frustrating as all hell.

Fair enough. xD
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:18 pm

I love Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. I have also enjoyed Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 1943, Bad Company 2, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 pm

TRF wrote:
I love Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. I have also enjoyed Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 1943, Bad Company 2, and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Do people still play Rainbow Six Vegas 2?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:24 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:

Do people still play Rainbow Six Vegas 2?
Not really, but it was still fun when people did, and I do occasionally play Terrorist Hunt with a couple friends.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:46 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
looks gay.. Wink

It's just too difficult for you. Razz You prefer games where you can be a noob and easily rack up kills.
lol

So that is probably why I pwn you in every game Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
looks gay.. Wink

lol

So that is probably why I pwn you in every game Wink

Not The Elder Scrolls Razz lol
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:49 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

reach fusturating?Halo 3 was a helluva lot more fusturating then reach.Except for campaign on legendary(ughhh I never ever get mad or yell at my game but playing through legendary on reach was soooo fusturating and hard!)

Ive been playing reach lately and ive noticed it is alot easier to get used to and innovates you more than Halo 3 ever did
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

reach fusturating?Halo 3 was a helluva lot more fusturating then reach.Except for campaign on legendary(ughhh I never ever get mad or yell at my game but playing through legendary on reach was soooo fusturating and hard!)

Ive been playing reach lately and ive noticed it is alot easier to get used to and innovates you more than Halo 3 ever did
I thought Halo 3 was less frustrating. The multiplayer was a lot more simple. Anyways, how can Reach "innovate you more than Halo 3 ever did"?
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:50 pm

COD4
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:57 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I thought Halo 3 was less frustrating. The multiplayer was a lot more simple. Anyways, how can Reach "innovate you more than Halo 3 ever did"?

Commendations, armor, armor effects, firefight voices and something else I really cant remember at the moment

In H3, I have like 150exp.That is not much compared to the average online halo player and it didnt take long to get that.Now, when I have that much exp, I have all spartan armor you can get(recon included) and most of the elite armor(just missing a few peices).

In reach, the higher you rank you unlock loads more armor andthings you can add to that armor.Hell, when I started reach it gave me as much options for spartan armor than H3 did at all.Not only armor, bungie have added stuff like visor colour, firefight voices and really cool armor effects.This stuff alnoe makes its multiplayer more innovative than H3's.not long into H3's multiplayer I had pretty much everything.

Commendations also add alot more replay value.Not to mention daily and weekly challenges(which are just like achievments except they are an unlimited supply)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Commendations, armor, armor effects, firefight voices and something else I really cant remember at the moment

That would be customization, not innovation.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Armor Lock
Sprint + Sword
Double Melee
Easy Headshots
Grenade Spamming
Tanks pwns the fuck out of every other vehicle, it's even an excellent anti-air weapon.
Shit gametypes like Team DMR's or Slayer Pro that you are forced to play or risk getting banned.
Stupid Challenges like "get 40 assists today!" (Intentionally give people my kills?)
Only 9 maps, 3 of which are remakes; and 4 forged maps, 3 of which are total garbage.

Halo Reach is a good game, but holy crap it becomes unbelievable frustrating.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Armor Lock
Sprint + Sword
Double Melee
Easy Headshots
Grenade Spamming
Tanks pwns the fuck out of every other vehicle, it's even an excellent anti-air weapon.
Shit gametypes like Team DMR's or Slayer Pro that you are forced to play or risk getting banned.
Stupid Challenges like "get 40 assists today!" (Intentionally give people my kills?)
Only 9 maps, 3 of which are remakes; and 4 forged maps, 3 of which are total garbage.

The sprint+sword thing annoys me. What balances the sword out is the fact that you have to close distance between you and your target. Sprint eliminates the need for that.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:58 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Armor Lock
Sprint + Sword
Double Melee
Easy Headshots
Grenade Spamming

Most of those criticisms can apply to almost any game. I've not played reach yet but I doubt it's anywhere near as frustrating as most games.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:13 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Most of those criticisms can apply to almost any game. I've not played reach yet but I doubt it's anywhere near as frustrating as most games.

Holy Jesus it's like playing Modern Warfare 2 all over again! If they can apply to almost any game then you are correct, because almost every FPS game in existence is riddled with bullshit. I blame matchmaking for this, I loved how Killzone 2 and Gears 1 (player anyways) set up online matches. You had a host make a set of rules and players could look up and find the match they want. If you could host and search for Custom Game Lobbies in Halo Reach it would be the god of console FPS's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Armor Lock
Sprint + Sword
Double Melee
Easy Headshots
Grenade Spamming

But the map thing is true. And come on, when I join the Team Slayer playlist I expect to get Team Slayer, or at least in the voting thing. But half the time its not even an option and stupid games like Team DMR's or Elite Slayer come up. That is stupid, no denying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Online Games of Xbox Live   The Best Online Games of Xbox Live Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Online Games of Xbox Live
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: XBox Live-
Jump to: