This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review Empty
PostSubject: Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review   Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 am

Been playing a lot of the MOH games lately. Just getting rdy for the new one. Not sure if I'll get it tomorrow, but I'm sure I'll probably get it soon. Here's my review of one of my favorites in the series.

Undoubtly, I find the Medal of Honor series are very underrated in terms of influencing how we play first-person shooters in the WW2 genre. It had brilliant level designs that made you feel like you were in the world of WW2, it used real-life WW2 weapons, the series have always respected the soldiers in reality, and last but not least, it's always a blast to play any of the classic Medal of Honor games before they sold out catering to the COD fans. Medal of Honor: Frontline is probably considered to be the last truly great Medal of Honor game. The first two Medal of Honor games on the Playstation was amazing and so is Allied Assault. Frontline plays more like a tribute to the very first game, but it has some differences to make its own game.

The story takes place in WW2 (obviously). You play as Jimmy Patterson and to be truthfully honest, the story is all about you just sneaking around Germany territory and stealing their intels and learning what they're trying to do in this war. That's pretty much it for the story. It's not like you're going to learn everything what happened in WW2 by playing this game, but it does have some memorable moments of WW2 like Omaha Beach.

Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review Moh5
How bright and pretty!
Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review Moh4
Sweet visuals.
Graphically for the Xbox, it is impressive and probably the best looking game for its time. Textures were nice, lighting effects were nice, you name it since I'm not a big graphic whore. The sound department has always been the strongside of the series and Frontline has some amazing music in the levels you'll be playing and the guns all sound great too. The sound of the Springfield Sniper Rifle sounds incredibly brutal and the B.A.R. has this awesome chuggy sound when you shoot it. A couple of the weapons can sound better, but it's not really hurting the score and my opinion.

Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review Moh
D-Day.
Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review Moh2
Engard!
Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review Moh3
It's like Saving Private Ryan!

Now, the gameplay. The best part about tihs game. It has 15+ levels, and there's quite a bit of variety in the levels. At first you'll be experiencing Omaha Beach and then you're in a mansion and then you're in some diplapidated town with a couple of soldiers and so on. There's obviously a lot of different type of levels that the game has and some different objectives to do too to keep the game very replayable and interesting. Weapons in the game include the classic M1 Garand, MP40, Thompson, Panzercheck, Springfield, and so on-there's quite a bit of arsenal you can use in this game. They all have their uses and they all have their positives and negatives. Most of the time you'll be fighting german soldiers, and at times, you'll be fighting a couple of tanks and it can be a bit intense especially when you're fighting a tank on a 1v1 battle, but it's just an awesome experience. The Medal of Honor games usually include you playing as a lone wolf throughout the entire game and Front can be said the same. Sometimes, you might have a buddy on your side or a couple of marines, but it's no COD or Brothers In Arms. The whole game will take around 8-10 hours and you can replay it to get these three stars as a challenge for yourself or you could play it on Hard mode which is totally a testament to the hardcore players of this game since every level you play has no medkits or what so ever. Frontline uses no checkpoint system or save/load system. If you die, you're starting from the beginning of the level, but luckily, the game isn't too hard and it's rather easy which does hurt the game a bit, but I will tell you the last few levels will make your heart boil. Another problem are the AI. If you're used to play the Halo games, this game will have some pretty dumb AI, but the AI will sometimes do a dropshot, take cover, or chuck grenades at you so they're not completely braindead.

If you want to get into the MOH series, Frontline is totally a recommendation from fans and myself too. It has everything that a great shooter should have, and it's really fun to play. I mean, I 'm still playing this game throughout all these years. Frontline is usually cheap by today, and it's totally worth the money if you're going to pick it up and enjoy a classic and memorable WW2 shooter. 9/10

Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review   Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:25 am

i heard the HD version with multiplayer is ps3 exclusive so how come its on 360?
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review   Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 am

Frontline came out in 2003. The one on the PS3 version is a remake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review   Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:53 am

☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:
i heard the HD version with multiplayer is ps3 exclusive so how come its on 360?

this review is of the Xbox v1.

But nice review, this game was my absolute favorite war game back in the PS2 days. I played this all the time! Great game, and the AI made me laugh lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review   Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Medal of Honor: Frontline (Xbox) Review
Page 1 of 1