This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MOH on ps3 = "defective"

Go down 
+7
Stoney
PureSexySound
ghost23
Alan1994
TRF
yogsam
DemonWolf
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

MOH on ps3 = "defective" Empty
PostSubject: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:18 pm

Yet another inferior multiplatform game for ps3 gamers.
It's as people say, most multiplatform games are like unofficial 360 exclusives.
This guy says he'll never buy another multiplatform game on ps3, and he's a big ps3 fan! Well, at least he can enjoy the exclusives on ps3. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
yogsam
Seaman
Seaman
yogsam

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:16 pm

I agree with him at the last part of the video, the PS3 has a great GREAT library of exclusives, but when it comes to multiplatform, you can't go wrong with the 360, and let's face it, for every exclusive game there's like 10 multiplats on every console.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:53 pm

I was gonna try it on PS3 since it comes with the free game. Seriously though, most games are equal on both platforms.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:07 pm

TRF wrote:
I was gonna try it on PS3 since it comes with the free game. Seriously though, most games are equal on both platforms.

No, no they aren't equal.

X360 multiplats are more often than not better than their PS3 counterparts. Are the differences so huge that people should openly be protesting multiplat game developers? Not really...Are the differences big enough to use it in an fanboy arguement? Yes.

Here are some RECENT multiplats. As you can see, most of them were a clear 360 win except for Castlevania which was a tie.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-enslaved-demo-showdown-blog-entry
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tfu2-demo-showdown-blog-entry
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-mafia-ii-demo-showdown
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-face-off
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-kane-and-lynch-2-face-off
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dead-rising-2-faceoff
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Totally agree. PS3 multiplats are just ridiculous still, there is so reason to buy any multiplatform on PS3.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:22 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Totally agree. PS3 multiplats are just ridiculous still, there is so reason to buy any multiplatform on PS3.

A bit of a bold statement =P
MOST multiplats have obvious preference of the on the 360..
The is the oddball on the Ps3 however that outperforms its 360 counterpart, they are rare though..
Then there are games like Mafia II, that have advantages on both systems (even though I think the Ps3 version has a stronger edge)..
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:25 pm

I didn't notice any differences in the comparison videos, save for two. The only differences I noticed were that the lightsabers are thicker in the PS3 version of The Force Unleashed II, and Dead Rising 2 is brighter on the PS3.

Yeah, they are different for fanboy arguments, but since when did those ever actually matter? They're the same game, for the most part, they perform the same, and you're getting the same exact experience on both platforms.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:34 pm

That's why I don't buy multi-plats on the PS3. Only exclusives.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:37 pm

PureSexySound wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

The is the oddball on the Ps3 however that outperforms its 360 counterpart, they are rare though..
Then there are games like Mafia II, that have advantages on both systems (even though I think the Ps3 version has a stronger edge)..

LOL Mafia 2 are you serious. The PS3 version was so dodgy at launch that the developers had to come out an apologize to the community for it.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:52 pm

ghost23 wrote:
PureSexySound wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

LOL Mafia 2 are you serious. The PS3 version was so dodgy at launch that the developers had to come out an apologize to the community for it.

Ok, sorry, let me rephrase..
In my opinion, I believe that the extra mission is more important than visual and frame hitches.. That doesn't apply to every gamer, nor do I expect it to, I was only stating my own opinion..
Also, I doubt there would have been an apology if it wasn't the the utter fanboy rage they got hit by, which has some humour to it..
xD
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:57 pm

I have around 25 multiplatform games on PS3, and the only games where I saw a significant difference, was Bayonetta, Virtua Fighter 5, and Assassin's Creed. Only time you'll really notice a difference is when you play both versions back to back.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Jamin wrote:
I have around 25 multiplatform games on PS3, and the only games where I saw a significant difference, was Bayonetta, Virtua Fighter 5, and Assassin's Creed. Only time you'll really notice a difference is when you play both versions back to back.

Of course! But the word, "difference", implies the variation between two or more things. But the same goes with psn vs xbox live. You may have only played psn and say it's an excellent service but you only realise it's not that great when you've played xbox live.

So, you may think Medal Of Honor is a great game when playing it on ps3. And then you start to notice some niggles and irritating aspects of it. Those issues may not be present or as serious in the 360 version. And as the guy in this video said, he saw the ps3 version was defective even before he played the 360 version.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 11:03 pm

TRF wrote:
I didn't notice any differences in the comparison videos, save for two. The only differences I noticed were that the lightsabers are thicker in the PS3 version of The Force Unleashed II, and Dead Rising 2 is brighter on the PS3.

Yeah, they are different for fanboy arguments, but since when did those ever actually matter? They're the same game, for the most part, they perform the same, and you're getting the same exact experience on both platforms.

I remember an argument I had with a ps3 fanboy about Final Fantasy XIII and he said the 360 version had less of EVERYTHING.

I saw a 360/Ps3 comparison for the game and the only difference I noticed was the hair.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:23 am

Jamin wrote:

Generally there isn't a noticeable graphic or framerate issue, but I like getting multiplats for the 360 because updates and patches are faster, usually there are more people playing online so faster matchmaking, and to use 360 features like ingame music or party chat. It just makes the experience of a multiplat more enjoyable for me on the 360.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:07 am

not to mention LIVE in general makes any multiplat superior.

more headsets, custom soundtrack support, party system, trueskill matchmaking, better community interfaces, and many would argue that the 360 controller is simply better especially for fps games.

developer effort aside, every multiplat is superior on 360.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:44 am

GeneralMLD wrote:

more headsets, custom soundtrack support, party system, trueskill matchmaking, better community interfaces, and many would argue that the 360 controller is simply better especially for fps games.

I don't think so. Final Fantasy XIII? The games that have extra content like Dante's Inferno? Those are superior on PS3.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:54 am

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

I don't think so. Final Fantasy XIII? The games that have extra content like Dante's Inferno? Those are superior on PS3.

FF13 merely has one disk as opposed to three disks.........that is the main difference between the two.

even if im wrong there, those are exceptions, not the rule.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:56 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

FF13 merely has one disk as opposed to three disks.........that is the main difference between the two.

True, but I don't see any differences in performance with the games, and although cross-game chat is nice, it doesn't change the game.

Oh, and FFXIII had a lot more than disc amount issues. It looks way worse on 360, plus it has compressed audio, and HAS NO GRASS. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:57 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Not to cut into yalls debate but the resolution is cut in half and the cutscenes are heavily compressed----those are the main differences and it those go into the favor of the PS3.

Though I think most multiplats still do perform better on the X360.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:04 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

True, but I don't see any differences in performance with the games, and although cross-game chat is nice, it doesn't change the game.

Oh, and FFXIII had a lot more than disc amount issues. It looks way worse on 360, plus it has compressed audio, and HAS NO GRASS. Razz

oh SNAP Razz

meh, i guess thats the exception, since MS only cared that it was a stolen exclusive and I guess didn't care if the game was ported over a bit sloppy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 5:33 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

oh SNAP Razz

meh, i guess thats the exception, since MS only cared that it was a stolen exclusive and I guess didn't care if the game was ported over a bit sloppy

Yep. And let's face it, better a slightly less decent version of a game than exclusive to another system. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOH on ps3 = "defective"   MOH on ps3 = "defective" Empty

Back to top Go down

MOH on ps3 = "defective"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: