This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360

Go down 
+8
GeneralMLD
Stigma
Jamin
Ozsem
zinc
TRF
Arbiteris
lightlamp
12 posters
AuthorMessage
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 Empty
PostSubject: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Thats good.Ive been seeing alot of "exclusive dlc on ps3 version" of multiplats lately so its nice seeing some more for 360
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:06 pm

Nice to see some exclusive 360 DLC.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Why is everyone happy this is exclusive? This is bad for PS3 owners. Why does anyone care if it's on other platforms?
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:39 pm

TRF wrote:
Why is everyone happy this is exclusive? This is bad for PS3 owners. Why does anyone care if it's on other platforms?

They 360 fanboys, simple.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 pm

TRF wrote:

Ask the Final Fantasy PS3 fanboys that.

like what Arbiteris said, there's been alot of exclusive dlc's on the PS3 lately, so its only fair for Xbox 360 to get some dlc exclusives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:04 pm

TRF wrote:

Same thing could be said when PS3 gets exclusive content
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:24 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

But this isn't exclusive content. I'm almost certain this will come to the PS3.

Let me clarify: I don't mind exclusive content. What I do mind is timed exclusivity.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:29 pm

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Let me clarify: I don't mind exclusive content. What I do mind is timed exclusivity.
The only people that benefit from Timed exclusivity is Microsoft and the developers. PC & PS3 gamers just have to deal with a trial of patience.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:13 pm

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Wait, I'm confused. If this WAS exclusive content, you'd be okay with it?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:42 pm

gamers arent a patient people.......if they own both consoles........they are gonna buy the one with the timed exclusive DLC.

MS is smart and secures then for the big titles like Fallout and especially COD black ops.

yet another big title that wont sell as good on ps3.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:46 pm

yes i getting it for 360
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:19 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
gamers arent a patient people.......if they own both consoles........they are gonna buy the one with the timed exclusive DLC.

MS is smart and secures then for the big titles like Fallout and especially COD black ops.

yet another big title that wont sell as good on ps3.

I agree, all the timed exclusives that the 360 gets like CoD and Fallout are much bigger than the bonus content that EA is giving the PS3 versions. Plus, CoD is advertising like crazy on 360, every CoD ad always has XBOX 360 at the end and never PS3.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:34 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I wouldn't be overjoyed, but I'd be okay. Here's my issue with timed exclusivity: if I buy a 360 for Mass Effect 2, only to find that it's coming to PS3, I just missed out on Uncharted, inFAMOUS, etc. (TRUE exclusives that will always be exclusive). It's really not a huge deal for me, but if I'm promised something is exclusive, it had better be exclusive (as of now it's still technically "exclusive", even though we all know it will come to the PS3).

ghost23 wrote:
I agree, all the timed exclusives that the 360 gets like CoD and Fallout are much bigger than the bonus content that EA is giving the PS3 versions. Plus, CoD is advertising like crazy on 360, every CoD ad always has XBOX 360 at the end and never PS3.
It's bigger because you have to pay for it separately. The PS3 stuff comes on the disc and is free with the game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:03 pm

So youd rather have Mass Effect exclusive then TRF?Timed exclusivity isnt that bad at all, its better to have to wait to get it then not getting it at all.You should be glad its timed
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:08 pm

Timed Exclusivity; Multi-console owners will more than likely buy Fallout: New Vegas for their 360 rather than their PS3.

Microsoft hopes to nab that demographic.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
So youd rather have Mass Effect exclusive then TRF?Timed exclusivity isnt that bad at all, its better to have to wait to get it then not getting it at all.You should be glad its timed
Well, I was never into Mass Effect, so I really don't care. Let's say I wanted to buy a PS3 to play Final Fantasy XIII (back when it was exclusive). I buy the PS3, only to find that I can now get Final Fantasy XIII on the 360. There goes my motivation for buying a PS3. Yes, I can still play it, but I bought specifically a PS3, when now, I am able to buy either console and still can play FFXIII. Would I rather have Mass Effect be exclusive? No, I think everyone should be able to play it. What I do think is that it should have been on both consoles from the start, although I do think exclusives are important. What value does owning a 360 or PS3 have if they have the exact same game library?

Again, it's not a huge deal, just something that irks me.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:35 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I wouldn't be overjoyed, but I'd be okay. Here's my issue with timed exclusivity: if I buy a 360 for Mass Effect 2, only to find that it's coming to PS3, I just missed out on Uncharted, inFAMOUS, etc. (TRUE exclusives that will always be exclusive). It's really not a huge deal for me, but if I'm promised something is exclusive, it had better be exclusive (as of now it's still technically "exclusive", even though we all know it will come to the PS3).

ghost23 wrote:
It's bigger because you have to pay for it separately. The PS3 stuff comes on the disc and is free with the game.

I'll basically say what I said on the PS3 Nation.

Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock are the only 2 "real" timed exclusives I could think of. The other games such as Lost Planet and Dead Rising were exclusive because the PS3 wasn't out at that time. 3rd party exclusive games and 3rd party exclusive DLC aren't exactly the same thing. 3rd party exclusive DLC is icing on the cake. 3rd party exclusive games are the cake. So it's not the same scale. Most of the time, when Microsoft pays for 3rd party exclusive games, they usually publish it or make a contract with those developers. In fact, 60% of the X360's exclusives are developed by a 3rd party source. The timed exclusive DLC that Microsoft buys is largely targeted towards multiplatform owners. No one in their right mind would buy a console to play the DLC on a MULTIPLATFORM game.

As for the question of choosing to play the Mass Effect series on the X360....The PS3 is getting Mass Effect 2, not Mass Effect 1...I'd imagine that the person who would spend 300-400 dollars on a console to play ONE game series would also want to play the entire trilogy instead of one or 2 thirds of it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:21 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Well, I was never into Mass Effect, so I really don't care. Let's say I wanted to buy a PS3 to play Final Fantasy XIII (back when it was exclusive). I buy the PS3, only to find that I can now get Final Fantasy XIII on the 360. There goes my motivation for buying a PS3. Yes, I can still play it, but I bought specifically a PS3, when now, I am able to buy either console and still can play FFXIII. Would I rather have Mass Effect be exclusive? No, I think everyone should be able to play it. What I do think is that it should have been on both consoles from the start, although I do think exclusives are important. What value does owning a 360 or PS3 have if they have the exact same game library?

Again, it's not a huge deal, just something that irks me.

It is stupid, but it is a slight edge.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Well there's another game developer that i like a little bit less now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360   Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout new vegas DLC coming first to Xbox 360
Page 1 of 1