This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Rules, Regulations, and what to expect

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:02 pm

RULES:

1. This forum is dedicated to all things Xbox. Both intelligent discussion and fanboy discussion is permitted.

2. There is a "one warning" policy to PS3 fanboys. Any bashing of the Xbox 360 receives a warning. Any further negative action results in the ban-hammer.
---2a. Trolls get banned without warning.

3. Handhelds, the Wii, and PC discussion is welcome. However, they should mostly be in the designated forum.

4. Due to an influx of PS3 trolls and flame baiters we do not recommend talking about the PS3 and its games, unless in the appropriate categories. NOT the console war section which is for discussing the Xbox 360's dominance in gaming.
---4a.PS3 discussions are allowed in its sections, misplaced threads and posts will be moved, locked, or deleted.

5. Swearing is acceptable, just don't overdue it. Racism, sexism, mean spirited homophobic language, etc. gets you banned on the spot.

6. Any personal attacks from one user to another such as the exposing of a users actual personal information, for example address/name/etc. will not be tolerated and is banned on the spot.

7. Solicitation of any kind is strictly prohibited. Do not post links to gain you money, page views, etc., such as Swagbucks and the like. You will be warned and the offending post(s) and/or link(s) will be deleted or locked.

8. No rank boosting. Short meaningless posts that have no merit will be deleted. If you are caught boosting you'll be warned, if you keep boosting you're posts will be deleted and you may be suspended for a day. Keep in mind that deleted posts can't help rank, only thoughtful posts can do that.

REGULATIONS:

1. Avatars can be whatever you want except prejudice symbols, porn, and hentai or otherwise blatantly offensive.
---1a. Avatars can be 150x200 pixels.

2. Signatures can be whatever you want except prejudice symbols, porn, and hentai or otherwise blatantly offensive language or pictures.
---2a. Signature images are allowed, but can not be over 700 pixels wide by 144 pixels tall (9.7 x 2 inches or 24.6 x 5.08 cm). If you unknowingly exceed this you will be asked to reduce it.
------2b. Animated GIFs must not exceed more than 256k in file size. This is to reduce page load time.

3. Usernames can not include profanity, mocking of other member names, or offensive language.
---3a. Anti-Xbox 360 names and other flame bait/trolling names will be banned without warning.
------3b. Usernames can not be changed by users so pick the right one the first time.

4. Colored text may only be used when it is needed to differentiate between ideas, quotes, etc.
---4a. Normal posts should be in plain black text only.

SPECIAL REQUEST TO MODS - If anybody uses the word "baka", you ban them on sight. Extreme nerdism isn't tolerated Smile

-MLD


If there should be any rule changes or any new rules to be added, feel free to mention them in this thread. Have fun![u]


Last edited by GeneralMLD on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:22 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
BlackLaser



Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:07 pm

2. There is a zero tolerance policy to PS3 fanboys. Any bashing of the Xbox 360 receives the banhammer.

Give them a chance first, we need to teach them why the PS3 sucks and they might bash the 360, but it's just them without info of anything on the 360.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:51 pm

I just wanted to suggest that all Xbox Republic patriots, (hey that's a good name for us huh?) should send PM if they find any abuses or PS3 fanboy posts. We can't be in every thread at all times so we need your help to keep the PS3 fanboys from infiltrating.

"Patriots", I like the sound of that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:58 pm

ya but we should keep a friendly atmosphere and not be to harsh and abuse people here for debates of interest and not here to shout "TRRRR33333YYYYYY FOOOOOORRRR LIFE!"

XBL
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:09 am

Discussions are fine, but TREY 4 LIFE, 360 has no games or all its games are on PC, or bashing Xbox LIVE or RROD issues should result in.....

1st Offense - 3 Day Ban
2nd Offense - 1 Week Ban
3rd Offense - Perma-Ban
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:44 am

while i hate to agree with big boss i do while i dont like that they play the rrod up to much we have to aknoledge it and his points are valid mld i think your rules need to change and moderaters need to cool their itchy ban finger
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:53 am

I can't speak for all the admins but I have only banned and deleted posts that were obviously trolls. I've only banned a handful and I don't think anyone with a reasonable mind would have argued against the few bannings I dished out.

This is however an Xbox 360 forum. If you came expecting to change Xbox 360 fan's minds about their beloved system of choice then you will be disappointed. You're going to rub them the wrong way and cause arguments and shout fests.

If you came hear for discussion then great, but you need to understand that most forum members are going to steer the discussion back to how much they love the Xbox 360.

Now, this is a new forum and it has only just today gone public. The site is currently experiencing growing pains. There may have been some unwarranted banning, but I doubt it was as widespread as you claim. If you specific cases of admin abuse contact GeneralMLD or myself and we will look into it. Users can be unbanned if the case is valid.

We admins/mods don't have a policy yet and just doing our best to keep PS3 fanboys from infiltrating to troll.

Mistakes will be made, help us correct them


Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:23 am

I only ban blatant fanboys like, xbox live lags, psn rules, 360 breaks down all the time, 360 has no games, ps3 is superior........thats the kind of stuff I ban. I don't mind if they are having a discussion between each others opinions stating why they like one console and dont like the other......thats fine.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:37 am

This is an xbox forum. Healthy debates are welcome.

however pointing out the 360 flaws isnt the right way to go. we are aware of the flaws. We see that the pros outweigh the cons.

This is a place for people who like the 360 to discuss with people of similar tastes.

Damn right we will supress freedom of speech. I mean we are all for healthy debates, but trolls and people coming in just to spar flame wars, that wont be tolerated.

the mods, including me, will use discretion and issue warnings before taking more extreme measures.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
avatar

Posts : 626
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 23
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:44 am

GeneralMLD, can you make a Site Suggestions section, a Game/Technical Help section?
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:57 am

suggestions can go here. but ya, we could use a game cheat/walkthrough/technical halp section
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
dudeoftheages
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:29 am

-DeathWraith- wrote:
Just want to ask, you mentioned no Xbox 360 bashing. But what if users do it in a constructive manner, as in explaining why they feel this way or explaining their opinion. Rather then blindly bashing it.

Say for example, I mention that I perfer PlayStation 3 over Xbox 360 and that IMO, the Xbox 360 isn't as good because of "said" reasons. Rather then just saying "SHITBOX 360 RRODS, it da SHITZ LOLZ!!!!" etc.

Also, I know this is an Xbox 360 forum and all. But I also reakon this site shouldn't encourage people just to come here and blindly start bashing PlayStation 3 for no reason, either.

What I'm saying, is that you should try and use this site for non-fanboys. Rather then allowing a whole heap of fanboys to come here, and bash either system and argue.

I thought the whole point of this forum was to rally Xbox 360 fans as a base of operations in the war against PS3 fans.

Fanboys are most welcome here, but only Xbox 360 fanboys.

Bashing the PS3 is part of the fun, this is an Xbox 360 forum so I would expect the mods would smash the ban hammer on anyone who speaks ill of the greatest gaming machine of all time, the Xbox 360 or praise the worthless PS3, both are nothing but trolls.

---

This is not an official Xbox Forum with rules against inflammatory speech, nor is it a place for balanced debate. PS3 fanboys are not welcome here. PS3 fans are but only if they are willing to consider their systems sucks balls

It is a place for Xbox 360 fans to rally. There is no such thing as blindly bashing the PS3. It deserves it and so do it's fans.

If you don't like then this is not the forum for you.


Last edited by 343_Guilty_Spark on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Combined similar consecutive posts.)
Back to top Go down
-DeathWraith-



Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:11 am

I guess there isn't any point in arguing with a biased member.

It's not going to get anywhere, just as you won't get anywhere in life for bashing a piece of plastic.

But whatever, then.
Back to top Go down
DeW
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 249
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 25
Location : South Afica

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:16 am

DeathWraith but why would you come on to a xbox site and say you do perfer a ps3 over a xbox ???
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
avatar

Posts : 207
Join date : 2009-09-09
Age : 26
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:45 am

DeW wrote:
DeathWraith but why would you come on to a xbox site and say you do perfer a ps3 over a xbox ???

That is exactly the very thing I can't understand. If you prefer the Ps3 or whatever then why the hell would you want to register on a site of this nature? I got your answer, to stealth troll and make underlying wisecracks at my system, that is all it ammounts to.
Back to top Go down
transformer809
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 28
Location : NYC

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:47 am

II XShogunX II wrote:
DeW wrote:
DeathWraith but why would you come on to a xbox site and say you do perfer a ps3 over a xbox ???

That is exactly the very thing I can't understand. If you prefer the Ps3 or whatever then why the hell would you want to register on a site of this nature? I got your answer, to stealth troll and make underlying wisecracks at my system, that is all it ammounts to.

Yep.....
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 28
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:46 am

-DeathWraith- wrote:
II XShogunX II wrote:
DeW wrote:
DeathWraith but why would you come on to a xbox site and say you do perfer a ps3 over a xbox ???

That is exactly the very thing I can't understand. If you prefer the Ps3 or whatever then why the hell would you want to register on a site of this nature? I got your answer, to stealth troll and make underlying wisecracks at my system, that is all it ammounts to.
Just because I perfer the opposite system, it doesn't mean that I'm a troll, nor a fanboy. It also doesn't mean that I can't have a decent conversation about the Xbox 360 on an Xbox 360 site, because like I said. I'm not a fanboy, or troll which means that I don't bash or hate the Xbox 360.

But as I've already pointed out eariler. I guess you can't even have a bloody constructive conversation, even on an Xbox 360 site. When there are bunch of fanboys that think everyone not on their side, are either a troll, fanboy or "traitor".

i think the people in favour of PS3 are over-reacting or trying to make out the site is just for fanboys and nazi's who prase the 360 when it is nothing like that. obviosly we are going to prase the 360 just like on the PS3 forums they are going to do the same. the 360 fans get a much more worse time trying to talk on there. the moderators are nazi's you cant even mention the 360's pro's but they let the comments that say the 360 is bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:15 am

dudeoftheages wrote:
-DeathWraith- wrote:
dudeoftheages wrote:
-DeathWraith- wrote:
Just want to ask, you mentioned no Xbox 360 bashing. But what if users do it in a constructive manner, as in explaining why they feel this way or explaining their opinion. Rather then blindly bashing it.

Say for example, I mention that I perfer PlayStation 3 over Xbox 360 and that IMO, the Xbox 360 isn't as good because of "said" reasons. Rather then just saying "SHITBOX 360 RRODS, it da SHITZ LOLZ!!!!" etc.

Also, I know this is an Xbox 360 forum and all. But I also reakon this site shouldn't encourage people just to come here and blindly start bashing PlayStation 3 for no reason, either.

What I'm saying, is that you should try and use this site for non-fanboys. Rather then allowing a whole heap of fanboys to come here, and bash either system and argue.

I thought the whole point of this forum was to rally Xbox 360 fans as a base of operations in the war against PS3 fans.

Fanboys are most welcome here, but only Xbox 360 fanboys.

Bashing the PS3 is part of the fun, this is an Xbox 360 forum so I would expect the mods would smash the ban hammer on anyone who speaks ill of the greatest gaming machine of all time, the Xbox 360 or praise the worthless PS3, both are nothing but trolls.
I know it's an Xbox 360 forum, but there are a number of PlayStation 3 forums such as PSU and the official PlayStation forum itself, which are actually able to have constructive conversations about the Xbox 360 without blindly bash mouthing the system.

I just thought this site should follow suit, rather then just being a forum site where Xbox 360 fans are allowed to blindly bash the PlayStation 3, but when anyone tries going against that arguement. They get banned for it.

This is not an official Xbox Forum with rules against inflammatory speech, nor is it a place for balanced debate. PS3 fanboys are not welcome here. PS3 fans are but only if they are willing to consider their systems sucks balls

It is a place for Xbox 360 fans to rally. There is no such thing as blindly bashing the PS3. It deserves it and so do it's fans.

If you don't like then this is not the forum for you.

ive been thinking and mayeb we should branch out from out strict 360 mentality. I mean this is a 360 forum and it is for rallying people of the same taste. At the very least if someone is willing to bring up the ps3 in a non troll fashion, they shouldnt be banned.

however, one troll comment on how ps3 is superior blah blah gets a warning, and then a ban for the next offense.
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-11
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:21 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
dudeoftheages wrote:
-DeathWraith- wrote:
dudeoftheages wrote:
-DeathWraith- wrote:
Just want to ask, you mentioned no Xbox 360 bashing. But what if users do it in a constructive manner, as in explaining why they feel this way or explaining their opinion. Rather then blindly bashing it.

Say for example, I mention that I perfer PlayStation 3 over Xbox 360 and that IMO, the Xbox 360 isn't as good because of "said" reasons. Rather then just saying "SHITBOX 360 RRODS, it da SHITZ LOLZ!!!!" etc.

Also, I know this is an Xbox 360 forum and all. But I also reakon this site shouldn't encourage people just to come here and blindly start bashing PlayStation 3 for no reason, either.

What I'm saying, is that you should try and use this site for non-fanboys. Rather then allowing a whole heap of fanboys to come here, and bash either system and argue.

I thought the whole point of this forum was to rally Xbox 360 fans as a base of operations in the war against PS3 fans.

Fanboys are most welcome here, but only Xbox 360 fanboys.

Bashing the PS3 is part of the fun, this is an Xbox 360 forum so I would expect the mods would smash the ban hammer on anyone who speaks ill of the greatest gaming machine of all time, the Xbox 360 or praise the worthless PS3, both are nothing but trolls.
I know it's an Xbox 360 forum, but there are a number of PlayStation 3 forums such as PSU and the official PlayStation forum itself, which are actually able to have constructive conversations about the Xbox 360 without blindly bash mouthing the system.

I just thought this site should follow suit, rather then just being a forum site where Xbox 360 fans are allowed to blindly bash the PlayStation 3, but when anyone tries going against that arguement. They get banned for it.

This is not an official Xbox Forum with rules against inflammatory speech, nor is it a place for balanced debate. PS3 fanboys are not welcome here. PS3 fans are but only if they are willing to consider their systems sucks balls

It is a place for Xbox 360 fans to rally. There is no such thing as blindly bashing the PS3. It deserves it and so do it's fans.

If you don't like then this is not the forum for you.

ive been thinking and mayeb we should branch out from out strict 360 mentality. I mean this is a 360 forum and it is for rallying people of the same taste. At the very least if someone is willing to bring up the ps3 in a non troll fashion, they shouldnt be banned.

however, one troll comment on how ps3 is superior blah blah gets a warning, and then a ban for the next offense.

MLD with all respect, if this happens then the PS3 fanboys will most deffinately take this site over.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
avatar

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 30
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:24 am

never mind, ive seen the errors.

rule #3 is changed. all ps3 talk is to be kept quiet, unless were making fun of it lol
Back to top Go down
http://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
shadowmonkey987
Seaman
Seaman
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:08 pm

hehehe good one mld
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/shadowmonkey987/profile
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
avatar

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:45 pm

BigBoss96fs wrote:
I would also like to point out that I may be someone you guys could use in your camp, because i got some mean swagger. I put one post up, and already got your leader to change his rules (though he changed him back), and a few 360 boys to agree with me. and thats on a 360 site. I was on youtube strictly making comments and got about 10 subscribers that first week. I'm also getting really tempted to start postin vids on youtube, but even if it is in support of the ps3, it is going to be intelligent, acknowledging the 360's pros, and NOTHING like what the Trey Brotherhood is doing. So its on you MLD. its your play what you do with me. i like you and like your vids (i live in Detroit so i know a lot of canadians and they are some good people). Just look at the videos on youtube. you get a lot of hits, but the videos that do the best are the ones that give a more unbiased look at the two systems. We could do something big. I suggest taking the high road, not just making the extreme opposite of the Trey Brotherhood. Another reason i came here is to find some 360 gamers to play with. LIVE has been really turning me off lately. I play with my fiance and its a lot of people just making rude sexual remarks to her, people booting just for having a guest, a lot of racism and cursing, etc. Either way, i hope i get a chance to debate the leader of this, MLD, even if i gotta make a vid addressing him.

Big Boss...
*points to gamertag exchange*
Back to top Go down
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-11
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:53 pm

BigBoss96fs wrote:
Let me put it this way ( i realize that i said i would stop posting, but after reading that the General was ready to change the rules, i became interested). I wouldn't expect MLD to allow the "ps3 fanboys" to come to a forum like this. I have seen some people post on here, however, who have both systems and prefer the PS3. I have seen people who own both and prefer the 360. I try my best to keep up on both consoles, and often alternate multiplats (COD4 - PS3 , COD5 - 360, Dead Space / Fallout - 360 , R6V2 / Prototype - PS3, etc.) so i truly get an idea of both systems. So that's why i am here. I haven't found many 360 exclusives that have excited me (though Left 4 Dead online is the most innovative shooter in years). My intentions of registering on this were to 1. learn the exclusives on 360 a little better, so i'm not blindly buying games and 2. to allow the true "360 fanboys" a chance to see that Sony is offering some great games right now.

I looked into the forum on here about Uncharted 2. It is a straight up slug fest on the game. One person was coming here for reasons to hate on the game, which he was given the ammo of "all you do is cover and shoot". To be honest, Uncharted is basically Gears of War with a different setting. I seen posts saying Gears 2 looks better graphically. I think that would come to opinion, but does anyone really expect a fair comparison of the two? Gears 2 is getting some age on it. maybe comparing ODST (this game may get me back into the Halo series, looks fun and commercials are awesome) and Uncharted 2 graphically would give a better idea of where the systems are at. I mean does anyone this Uncharted 2 is really going to suck? it will be a good game. When BioShock was a 360 exclusive, the Sony fans didn't knock the game, they were jealous, and when that attitude is taken, your company will strive for getting rights to that game. Now i also understand that its not expected to have a forum of 360 lovers praising exclusives they don't have, but give respect where it is do. that's why i have always liked MLD, he follows that. He has never knocked MGS4 (just said he's not a fan of the series), and who honestly can? Developers who make games like that are pushing gaming near perfection, and we as gamers win.

I know you want a 360 site. I just wanted someplace to learn more about 360 and teach about PS3. An example would be people saying Resistance is the same as Halo. Well, not really. I'm not really into the SciFi games, but what i think most 360 fans don't realize is that Resistance is basically a WW2 game that substitutes Aliens for the Nazi's, which i find incredibly interesting. They even talk about the aliens in the game the same way the Axis was referred to. So with that story line, being set on earth, and a little more graphic (blood wise) i would prefer it over Halo. I wouldn't say Resistance 2 is better than Halo 3, because the reviews don't support that, i just prefer it. So these are the kind of conversations i was hoping for. I had fun on youtube in the console war, sided with the ps3 (but NOT the trey brotherhood), but i feel like you have to pick a side too much. i had to act like i loved the ps3 more than i really did. i just felt like in a blazing war like on youtube, you aren't responsible to point out your own sides flaws.

To GeneralMLD, i got bored with youtube forums and wanted something more intelligent. I would suggest you maybe make a topic that allows discussion of the ps3, but PLEASE still ban the fanboy comments, because i don't want a bunch of trey brotherhood bullshit. i would like some good discussion. so that would be my suggestion. and then, if the ps3 is brought up outside of that topic's forum, just ban away. I would also suggest maybe even keeping it to multiconsole owners, not just ps3 owners, because they will just bash.

So that's where i'm at on this. I also think MLD and his camp should just leave the trey brotherhood alone. take the conversational high road and keep it intelligent and productive. Making a site that only praises the 360 and makes fun of the ps3 for everything will just make you the exact same as the "wrist cutting cult". and thats the reason i don't fuck with the trey brotherhood. its not intelligent. Also understand that this console war is GREAT for us consumers. Hell, it just earned us all a price drop! and when you own both systems and realize they are both great, the console war makes you really happy because both companies are striving to make better systems and you don't miss out, only keep gaining more and more. But you are the General, GeneralMLD, and this is your site so do what you want. i'll check back and see if you took my suggestion about opening a topic with a different rule set. a "no mans land" if you will (that still doesn't allow fanboys). hell, make me a mod and i'll kick the trey brotherhood out myself. i'll check back to see where you are at on this. Could be what this site needs.

The Legendary Big Boss (sorry for that long rant)

keep it real...

I respect your views and whatnot, however looks like your trying a bit too hard mate, talking about making you a Mod etc. Sucking up is a bit immature. geek

Also seems to me as if your bashing the Xbox 360 a little bit and then counteracticing your comment with a nice compliment afterwards. I've seen it all before.

Let me just remind you that this is a Xbox 360 Site and PS3 owners are welcome, however they need to keep their bashing and undermining comments/opinions to themself and in the Console War section.

My advice would be to stop sucking up and stop sharing negetive comments about the Xbox 360 and their fanboys alike.


Last edited by CryonicMaestro ZA on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cause I can.)
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
avatar

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 25
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:57 pm

My views on it are: anyone's welcome but as it is a 360 site, no flame wares should happen, criticism of 360's downsides should be accepted but glorifying a system other than 360 (ps3 mainly) shouldn't even happen at all.

As for banning:
Making a forum post once or more times indicating "360 sucks" is an instant ban.
Swearing at other people is an instant ban.
Saying "trey 4 life" continuously or "ps3 is better" is an instant ban.

Arguing/flame wars is a temporary ban (2 days or so)
Spamming is a temporary ban
Criticising aspects of 360 continuously for whatever reasons is a temporary ban

Well that's just the waY I think it should be xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-09-11
Location : South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Arguing/flame wars and criticism of the Xbox 360 should only be allowed under the Console War Section, any other mention of the PS3 elsewhere should be an instant ban.


Last edited by CryonicMaestro ZA on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CryonicMestro does what CryonicMaestro wants to do.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rules, Regulations, and what to expect   

Back to top Go down
 
Rules, Regulations, and what to expect
Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Rules, and Regulations :: Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: