This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Updated Life time sales

Go down 
+7
Alan1994
DemonWolf
GeneralMLD
ghost23
Stigma
TRF
zinc
11 posters
AuthorMessage
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

Updated Life time sales Empty
PostSubject: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:02 pm

October 2010
(360) 44.6 million units since 2005
(PS3) has sold 41.6 million units since 2006.

A dog fight until the very end..........

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:25 pm

The gap will widen, but not by much. 360 has Kinect, PS3 has GT5.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:07 pm

where'd you get these numbers?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 pm

TRF wrote:

Kinect will have more long time benefits for Microsoft than GT5.
Just like all games, its really only a short time boost, if Kinect really catches on, it will be selling strong for a while
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:11 am

TRF wrote:

GT5 will pull a Halo Reach boost......2 weeks of increased sales, nothing more. Then again you have to factor in that ps3 gamers dont buy as much as we do (MGS4, their highest selling exclusive.......is only 4.9 million sold).

kinect, with what microsoft is spending.....will be a evergreen product

either way, 2010 is yet another year PS3 couldnt take 2nd place.....heres to another year Smile
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:32 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:

GT5 will pull a Halo Reach boost......2 weeks of increased sales, nothing more. Then again you have to factor in that ps3 gamers dont buy as much as we do (MGS4, their highest selling exclusive.......is only 4.9 million sold).

either way, 2010 is yet another year PS3 couldnt take 2nd place.....heres to another year Smile

4.9? Dang, that's not even half the amount of Halo 3's sales.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 11:56 am

DemonWolf wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:

ODST sold 5.7 million Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:05 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:

hahaha!
And that's the game they criticised, claimed it was an expansion and a rip off, etc etc

yet this apparently rubbish game outsold their favourite one by almost a million!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:20 pm

MLD, no offense dude....but your sales arguement is going to bite you in the ass one day Razz. I mean the gap is only 3 million now. If and when the PS3 closes the gap you will never hear the end of it from PS3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
MLD, no offense dude....but your sales arguement is going to bite you in the ass one day Razz. I mean the gap is only 3 million now. If and when the PS3 closes the gap you will never hear the end of it from PS3 fanboys.
Sales has always been a poor argument. cat
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Jamin wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Sales has always been a poor argument. cat

I agree.
but it annoys some people so why not use it?

geek

As long as a major figure in the console war, ie: Mld, says sales count then he will get responses. These responses will only cement the idea that it does count because by responding, it shows that these people see it as a relevant argument. I hope I'm making sense Razz
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Updated Life time sales Omg_teh_salez_lg

BITCH!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Despite the Reach push AND the release of the X360 Slim, the PS3 still beat the X360 by a land slide.

Kind of sad don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Despite the Reach push, the PS3 still beat the X360 by a land slide.

360 sales have been up by I think around 43% while PS3 sales have dropped

Anyways, 360 is once again widening the gap between the too.and who knows what kinect will do this holiday
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:54 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Anyways, 360 is once again widening the gap between the too.and who knows what kinect will do this holiday

Widening the gap? LMAO are you serious?

The PS3 has outsold the X360 by alot this year despite all the things MS done and you think Kinect will save it? If anything, it's suprising the gap is still even there.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

The PS3 has outsold the X360 by alot this year despite all the things MS done and you think Kinect will save it? If anything, it's suprising the gap is still even there.

Where the hell have you been?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Where have you? The LINK IS RIGHT THERE. PS3 outsold the X360 this year by over 2 million, DESPITE the HUGE push for X360 slim and Reach. That's unheard of. Next year, with all those blockbuster PS3 titles, I seriously doubt the X360 could keep the gap....

Not me being a fanboy BTW. I think sales is a pretty stupid arguement to decide which console is better.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Where have you? The LINK IS RIGHT THERE. PS3 outsold the X360 this year by over 2 million, DESPITE the HUGE push for X360 slim and Reach. That's unheard of. Next year, with all those blockbuster PS3 titles, I seriously doubt the X360 could keep the gap....

Not me being a fanboy BTW. I think sales is a pretty stupid arguement to decide which console is better.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1131103p1.html

The average gamer wont care about how many exclusives a console has, but to what games he likes most.not to mention casuals

oh yes, this wasnt the only article stating that 360's sales have jumped up scince the slim
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:04 am

@ Alan, for months the 360 has been outselling ps3. People have posted these links somewhere on the Xbox Republic showing this.
And Kinect, with 500 million dollars spent on advertising will give a tremendous push. It's like a console on it's own, that's the way it seems to be advertised. People will want this. People who may not have even considered getting an xbox in the first place.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Despite the Reach push AND the release of the X360 Slim, the PS3 still beat the X360 by a land slide.

A landslide implies that PS3 absolutely destroyed 360 is sales which is untrue. Quite the opposite in fact, in the months prior to Halo Reach the 360 outsold PS3 worldwide and during the Reach launch, i know for a fact that the 360 outsold PS3 in North America.

Reach was never going to give the 360 consoles sales a huge push as it appeals to the hardcore gamers who most likely already own a 360. Kinect on the other hand is made as a system seller and is directly marketed at people who don't own 360's.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

sales is never an argument to decide whats better.

sales determines the WINNER

more A, AA, AAA determines better.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:47 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

That's not necessarily true. A, AA, AAA determines quality as much as sales do, and by that I mean not at all.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 pm

TRF wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

That's not necessarily true. A, AA, AAA determines quality as much as sales do, and by that I mean not at all.

well the majority of gamers buy consoles for the #1 purpose to play games.

if one has a more critically acclaimed library, then there ya go.

sales is merely saying that my opinion is better then yours, nothing to do with quality
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:06 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
TRF wrote:

hahaha!
And that's the game they criticised, claimed it was an expansion and a rip off, etc etc

yet this apparently rubbish game outsold their favourite one by almost a million!
sales is 80% hype and 20% from people who actually look at reviews, thats why sales is total crap just like odst
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated Life time sales   Updated Life time sales Empty

Back to top Go down

Updated Life time sales
Page 1 of 1