This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating

Go down 
+2
TRF
Inuboy1000
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating Empty
PostSubject: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 9:58 pm

After this officially turning into the worst fucking day of my life. I wanted to just come home and play some Valkyria Chronicles' on my mom's PS3, because as you all know my 360 has been giving me problems. But as of right now, it is updating and it took a long while to do so. GOD fucking dammit, what is with this shit. I just want to play games. D:, this is why gaming is much superior on the 360. Because it does not take 10-12 minutes to update.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:11 pm

Erm . . . the game came out two years ago. You probably had a shit ton of updates to install.

In any case, I agree, the updates are slow and annoying, but you get used to them. They're not that big a deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:11 pm

10-12 minutes really isn't that long....but yes, it is MUCH faster on Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:32 am

I do agree, my brother got Uncharted 2 for a couple of days ago.

9 updates, then a install. Only took 40 minutes to get the game going Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:47 am

Yeah I borrowed LBP from a mate and there was about 1GB of updates and thats just unacceptable in a country like Australia where we still have internet caps.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:31 am

Kendo, did you want to play multiplayer? If not you go to the settings and switch network off.
ghost23 wrote:
Yeah I borrowed LBP from a mate and there was about 1GB of updates and thats just unacceptable in a country like Australia where we still have internet caps.

lol I had to sit through well over an hour of LBP updates once and this was with a fast, stable internet connection! And another time I had to not only sit through a Heavy Rain install but also loads of updates and it took aggggesss. By the time it's finished you're like "ah I cba anymore, Im gonna go play psp instead"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:45 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Kendo, did you want to play multiplayer? If not you go to the settings and switch network off.
ghost23 wrote:

lol I had to sit through well over an hour of LBP updates once and this was with a fast, stable internet connection! And another time I had to not only sit through a Heavy Rain install but also loads of updates and it took aggggesss. By the time it's finished you're like "ah I cba anymore, Im gonna go play psp instead"

lol I had to plan my heavy rain update cause i have off-peak and peak data usages and the move update was about 1.5gb.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:12 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
I do agree, my brother got Uncharted 2 for a couple of days ago.

9 updates, then a install. Only took 40 minutes to get the game going Razz

As if Uncharted 2 doesn't take long enough without the updates....
It takes about 10 mins just to get to the title screen Razz

ghost23 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

lol I had to plan my heavy rain update cause i have off-peak and peak data usages and the move update was about 1.5gb.

Oh god.... xD
I'm guessing having a big hard-drive is imperative with the ps3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:08 pm

Yes.. The updates are highly irritating when you have to deal with them, although you's are making it out like it is every time you start up the game.. Razz

On a side note, 1.5Gb for a patch? Holy shit :L :L
That's HUGE :O
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:20 pm

PureSexySound wrote:
Yes.. The updates are highly irritating when you have to deal with them, although you's are making it out like it is every time you start up the game.. Razz

On a side note, 1.5Gb for a patch? Holy shit :L :L
That's HUGE :O

It was the Move patch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating   360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating Empty

Back to top Go down

360 Problems=Hardware, PS3 Problems=Updating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: