This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thinking about a 360

Go down 
+3
Stigma
Teckno
SammX
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SammX
Seaman Recruit

Thinking about a 360 Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi there, I just joined. this is kind of a introduction too, lol.
I was never a real console player, I mostly sticked to the PC, and had a PS1 and 2 over the years, played mainly platformers and fighters.
Then around a year or two I won a wii, and it was a surprise it had/has some pretty cool games, but 10/8 are shit.
So after E3 I was dissapointed in MS, since I was thinking about buy a box, but I waited, because i thought that they might announce a new model or maybe a new system who knew back then.
So they revelad the slim, but the whole thing was dissapointing.
Then nintendo announced the 3ds and I wanted that.
But it's been announced to cost 300$ so I gave up on that. Moving back to xbox and the topic.
So I am really not intrested in kinect, one of my friends had an eyetoy for the ps2 and it was fun for 30 minutes then it was just annoying.
I don't like shooters either, I just can't get used to the controls, but the only FPS I play is TF2 on the PC so whatever.
Could you guys recommend some cool games that are platformers action rpgs, and a few XBLA titles?
I've been thinking about Fable II and III some fighthing game, don't know if Street fighter, or to wait for the new mortal kombat.
and I've been looking at this Castle Crashers, it looks pretty cool, I love beat-em ups. Also this new game about fist of the north star, I loved that thing back then! Also looking forward ot the 40k Space marine game Very Happy
So thanks and I hope that this forum is better than the ones I've been on.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Precaution. If you didn't know already, you have to pay 60$ for online. Welcome aboard, BTW.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Some of the best XBLA games are Shadow Complex, Trials HD, Worms, Megaman 10, Limbo, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Toy Soldiers. Just get the demos/trials of them, I'm sure you'll really like at least some of these.

The 360 isn't very particularly a great console for full fledged console title platformers, and the best are usually multiplatform games like Enslaves: Odyssey to the West; But has some great platform XBLA games like Braid, Splosion Man, or Limbo that more than make up for it.

As for Action RPGs the only one I can think of at the moment that are 360 exclusive are Fable II and III (III is being made for PC, but no release date for it yet). Most others like Fallout or Mass Effect you can play on the PC.

Do you play racing games? I don't know if the PC has great racing games but the 360 sure does. You've got sim racers like Forza 3 and arcade ones like Blur.

It's also the better console for most 360/PS3 only multiplats.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Hmmm...I'll put some list of games that you could get with the 360 after reading your thread.

Fable 2, Fable 3, Arkadian Warriors, Limbo, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Too Human (there's like a lock-on in the shooting part so you don't have to worry about aiming), Forza 2-3, Hydrophobia (haven't played it, but it is a platformer tho), and speaking of fighting games, there's Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4. Not exclusive, but hey I should mention it since most people love playing fighting games on consoles. There's a lot more on the arcade, but you gotta google it to see what they have.

Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:49 pm

For a fighting game, you should wait for MvC3!
Back to top Go down
SammX
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:08 am

Yeah, MvC3 is deffinetly a must-buy.
And most of the time what comes out to the PC too I just buy that, because like fallout 3 and new vegas, it makes the game even better. and they are cheaper here a bit too.
As for racing games I am not really fond of.
Any beat-em ups? Like Devil may cry or Bayonetta?
Also, what do you guys know about Vanquish? That game looked awesome.
Also, I know about the online, and I won't subscribe.
I had the "luck" to play online quite a few times, and between the fratboy jocks talking shit and the 12 year old 1337 sniper kids, the game was fustrating, even more so, because they sucked pretty bad, even comparing for me, since I really suck at shooters on a gamepad.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 7:56 am

SammX wrote:
And most of the time what comes out to the PC too I just buy that, because like fallout 3 and new vegas, it makes the game even better. and they are cheaper here a bit too.
I had the "luck" to play online quite a few times, and between the fratboy jocks talking shit and the 12 year old 1337 sniper kids, the game was fustrating, even more so, because they sucked pretty bad, even comparing for me, since I really suck at shooters on a gamepad.

I thought you meant beat em ups like Tekken 6 or Dead Or Alive. scratch

Vanquish got pretty good ratings I think.... and yeah, I played the demo and it's cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:22 am

Teckno wrote:
Precaution. If you didn't know already, you have to pay 60$ for online. Welcome aboard, BTW.

Well unless you buy your Live from deals on the Spotlight, like I do. You can get a year as cheap as 30 bucks I've seen
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:44 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Well unless you buy your Live from deals on the Spotlight, like I do. You can get a year as cheap as 30 bucks I've seen

I got a year XBL Gold with 2 free months from GameStop for 50 Euros which is about $43.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:51 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
SammX wrote:

I thought you meant beat em ups like Tekken 6 or Dead Or Alive. scratch
DOA and Tekken are FIGHTING GAMES!!!!!. Tekken has a mode thats kind of beat em up but that sucks ass.

And I wouldn't call Bayonetta or DMC a beat-em up. Castle Crashers and Alien Homind are great beat-em ups (They're on XBLA). Dead Rising is close to be a beat-em up (Its not like other arcade beat-em ups).
Back to top Go down
SammX
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:27 am

Well yeah DMC and Bayonetta are not beat-em ups, they are hack n slash, but thats not the point right now. I love those kind of games, they are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a 360   Thinking about a 360 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about a 360
Page 1 of 1