This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?

Go down 
+7
SammX
Alan1994
Arbiteris
Pein
DemonWolf
TheSnape
NickCutter2
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PS3 works better than 360! O RLY? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   PS3 works better than 360! O RLY? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:40 pm

SammX wrote:
Well as for MGS4, we are talking about Hideo Kojima, guy is notorius for more cutscenes than gameplay. I remember playing MGS2 for the first time, and before the final boss, there was a 20 minute cutscene. But he does not want to make a movie about it. Yeah makes no sense.

Alan1994 wrote:
SammX wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

Fable 3 is not exclusive man.As for kinect being revolutionary, no, the technology was around in 2001, they ever released a thing like it, it tracked your head movement, and the camera moved like that, but it was a flop, so they abandoned it.

As of right now it is. And even if a Microsoft Windows version is eventually coming later on, Fable 3 is still in a console sense an exclusive. The PC is a different market than the consoles are. In the console wars, you can't pull the PC card. If a game is on one console but not the other it's considered an exclusive. Even Sony uses the term "console exclusive".

The technology IS different than eyetoy. It doesn't use smoke and mirrors to simulate your skeletal movements, it tracks it in 3D all the time. Different tech, better results. It wasn't abandoned on PS3, Move uses the Eyetoy to help it track your body movements.

So what, a game is exclusive for 3 months then you regad it as one right now? Makes no sense, and besides, Consol wars, pull teh PC card? The fuck man, this si not a friggin game, I don't like fanboys, just shut up, enjoy the console you have and don't go shove it into other pepols faces. It's like running around with a Lollipop, that is red and a bit sour, and go laugh and insult the ones who bought a blue and sweet lollipopp.

And kinect is still not revolutionary, I admit it is advanced than the PS2 eyetoy, but have you played with one? I have, and with a kinect too. It's basically the same, but yeah, kinect is advanced. And it was not even made by Microsoft, some guys in Israel made it, offered it to apple they said no, and microsoft bought the tech. Once again, apple lost one of the most powerful thing in the industry, and microsoft snatched before them.

You're in the damn console war section and your fucking complaining that I'm engaging in a console war discussion? WTF is this shit? I don't recall shooting you in the foot in my last post.
Shoving my console down your throat? As much as I'd like to do that after you called me a fanboy and told me to "shut up" because your too fucking stupid to come up with a proper response, that is NOT what I'm doing. You act insecure and sensitive after I made a simple response that had ZERO insults or implications of any. Seriously, how old are you kid? 12 or 13 is my best guess.

The alleged PC version hasn't even been given a release window. For all we know it might not come out for another YEAR. And even if it did all I'm saying is that Fable 3 is STILL an Xbox 360 exclusive in the console sense....because *GASP* THE PC ISN'T A CONSOLE.

Many people shout around that Gears 1 is an Xbox 360 exclusive despite the fact that a PC version released a year later. The same could be said about Halo 1 and 2. Did you ever wonder why? Or are you too busy pissing your pants because you think I just killed your whole fucking family?

GUESS WHAT? Did you know that the Cell Processor was actually made by IBM? Did you know that the GPU's for both consoles aren't even made by Sony/Microsoft? Did you know that the CONSOLES themselves aren't even manufactured by Microsoft/Sony? Apparently not. It doesn't matter WHO MADE IT. It's labeled, owned, and INVESTED by Microsoft.

Piss off, inbred.
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
TheSnape

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   PS3 works better than 360! O RLY? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
SammX wrote:
Well as for MGS4, we are talking about Hideo Kojima, guy is notorius for more cutscenes than gameplay. I remember playing MGS2 for the first time, and before the final boss, there was a 20 minute cutscene. But he does not want to make a movie about it. Yeah makes no sense.

Alan1994 wrote:
SammX wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Well... you got a fair point, dude.

Although the PS3 is more reliable than the 360 its not by that much. And Wii (which I should know since I have one) is better than both in reliablilty.

Quote :
am sick of N4G overrating Sony's exclusives as if they are all that (I can't remember the last time I played Uncharted) and acting as if Blu-Ray is revolutionary tech from the future

True. MS is catching up Sony fast in terms of technology (look at kinect) and will soon overtake it.

Bout the exclusives... GT5 beats, nay, annihilates every car racing game on the planet, both PS3 and 360.

But overall 360 exclusives are better. Just look at Fable III or Halo Reach.

Fable 3 is not exclusive man.As for kinect being revolutionary, no, the technology was around in 2001, they ever released a thing like it, it tracked your head movement, and the camera moved like that, but it was a flop, so they abandoned it.

As of right now it is. And even if a Microsoft Windows version is eventually coming later on, Fable 3 is still in a console sense an exclusive. The PC is a different market than the consoles are. In the console wars, you can't pull the PC card. If a game is on one console but not the other it's considered an exclusive. Even Sony uses the term "console exclusive".

The technology IS different than eyetoy. It doesn't use smoke and mirrors to simulate your skeletal movements, it tracks it in 3D all the time. Different tech, better results. It wasn't abandoned on PS3, Move uses the Eyetoy to help it track your body movements.

So what, a game is exclusive for 3 months then you regad it as one right now? Makes no sense, and besides, Consol wars, pull teh PC card? The fuck man, this si not a friggin game, I don't like fanboys, just shut up, enjoy the console you have and don't go shove it into other pepols faces. It's like running around with a Lollipop, that is red and a bit sour, and go laugh and insult the ones who bought a blue and sweet lollipopp.

And kinect is still not revolutionary, I admit it is advanced than the PS2 eyetoy, but have you played with one? I have, and with a kinect too. It's basically the same, but yeah, kinect is advanced. And it was not even made by Microsoft, some guys in Israel made it, offered it to apple they said no, and microsoft bought the tech. Once again, apple lost one of the most powerful thing in the industry, and microsoft snatched before them.

You're in the damn console war section and your fucking complaining that I'm engaging in a console war discussion? WTF is this shit? I don't recall shooting you in the foot in my last post.
Shoving my console down your throat? As much as I'd like to do that after you called me a fanboy and told me to "shut up" because your too fucking stupid to come up with a proper response, that is NOT what I'm doing. You act insecure and sensitive after I made a simple response that had ZERO insults or implications of any. Seriously, how old are you kid? 12 or 13 is my best guess.

The alleged PC version hasn't even been given a release window. For all we know it might not come out for another YEAR. And even if it did all I'm saying is that Fable 3 is STILL an Xbox 360 exclusive in the console sense....because *GASP* THE PC ISN'T A CONSOLE.

Many people shout around that Gears 1 is an Xbox 360 exclusive despite the fact that a PC version released a year later. The same could be said about Halo 1 and 2. Did you ever wonder why? Or are you too busy pissing your pants because you think I just killed your whole fucking family?

GUESS WHAT? Did you know that the Cell Processor was actually made by IBM? Did you know that the GPU's for both consoles aren't even made by Sony/Microsoft? Did you know that the CONSOLES themselves aren't even manufactured by Microsoft/Sony? Apparently not. It doesn't matter WHO MADE IT. It's labeled, owned, and INVESTED by Microsoft.

Piss off, inbred.

cheers

You owned that guy, Alan!

Good work.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   PS3 works better than 360! O RLY? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:27 am

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Josephine Romano wrote:
Quote :
You can't assume that every single ps3 gamer owns a high-spec pc

I do.

It's a pity about not being able to play Fable II, but I'll be able to play Fable III! Hooray! I can get it for Christmas.

And since the PC can play video games, it should be regarded on an equal par with the consoles.

Not in the console wars.The console wars are generally PS3 vs 360, not PC.Plus the fatc that PC isnt a console(its a gaming platform) so it doesnt make sense bringing it into a war between something else different.

and dude, most gamers dont have high spec PC's.It can cost a good ammount of money.
So can consoles. $300 isn't exactly pocket change. Gaming PCs are a bigger initial investment, but are a lot cheaper in the long run. The games are cheaper, and when a new generation of consoles hits, you merely need to upgrade a few parts, whereas console owners will have to purchase a new console.

Look at the average video game buyer's perspective.you want to buy a console to play video games.you walk into the store.Would you rather pay a cheaper ammount for a console plust he game and play it right away?or buy a gaming PC which takes more work to set up and costs more.I pretty positive that most consumers would pick the console option.No one will care if "it will save them money in the long run".And PC games arent much cheaper than console games.
That is true. I was just responding to you saying that PCs can cost a good amount of money. I was merely explaining that in the long run, owning a PC can be cheaper than being a console gamer. Also, PC games can be a lot cheaper than console games. There was one site that was selling Black Ops for $45, plus Steam offers a lot of great deals.

Why don't those "amazing" deals apply to console games? Like, Steam gets those deals where you can buy GTA IV for 10 dollars or something while it still costs 20 at Amazon for consoles.

It better not be because Digital Distribution is cheaper. Did you see the manual for Manhunt? IT WAS AWESOME AND COLORFUL AND CREATIVE. Compare it to the Left 4 Dead manual.

They should have more deals like when I bought Alan Wake for $40 and Lost Odyssey for $10. NEW.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   PS3 works better than 360! O RLY? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Pickles wrote:

Why don't those "amazing" deals apply to console games? Like, Steam gets those deals where you can buy GTA IV for 10 dollars or something while it still costs 20 at Amazon for consoles.

It better not be because Digital Distribution is cheaper. Did you see the manual for Manhunt? IT WAS AWESOME AND COLORFUL AND CREATIVE. Compare it to the Left 4 Dead manual.

They should have more deals like when I bought Alan Wake for $40 and Lost Odyssey for $10. NEW.
Well, I'm pretty sure digital distribution is cheaper. You don't have to buy DVDs and Blu-Rays to put the game on like you would with consoles and hard PC copies. Console games don't drop in price as quickly because the companies still have to make bank on their games, so the price needs to be above the price of the DVD. The only times you really see games drop way down in price is when the company isn't producing new copies any more.

I'm not positive on all of it, I'm just a throwing out an idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?   PS3 works better than 360! O RLY? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 works better than 360! O RLY?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2