This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sign if you didnt get fail ops

Go down 
+14
GeneralMLD
Madtoker
yogsam
popjack88
Pickles
Blixtstorm
Noelol
Arbiteris
TRF
Stoney
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
DemonWolf
IcyMeteor
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

sign if you didnt get fail ops Empty
PostSubject: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:42 pm

cause we all know it will in a few months it will
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:58 pm

I hereby sign something or rather that I didn't get fail ops and most likely wont in the near future because it fails or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Yep I didnt get it. And I'm glad I didn't cause I heard theres already unlimited care packages glitched already on day 1.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Call of Duty = Madden
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm thinking about trading in MoH on the PS3. They are doing a deal in HMV (CD,DVD and VG store) whereas you trade in MoH and pay 12 Euro for Black Ops. And seen has I got MoH bundled with my PS3, essentially for free, I'll be technically paying only 12 Euro for a new copy of Black Ops.

Can you trade in a PS3 copy for a X360 one?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:10 pm

Stoney wrote:
You mean Medal of Honor for the PS3 in exchange for Black Ops for the 360? I don't see why not.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:17 pm

TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
You mean Medal of Honor for the PS3 in exchange for Black Ops for the 360? I don't see why not.

Seems like a stupid question I know. Laughing

I'll just ring them up before heading in. That would be the smart thing to do. geek
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:41 pm

No, I didnt get it at launch but will in the future.CoD is a great shooter franchise(no matter how much some of you deny it) so I will sure to get this game.Plus I heard its story is the best in the series.Which automatically attracts me(im a story whore)
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 pm

I just got it. ITS FUN!!!!! Wager mode is addictive.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:05 am

Arbiteris wrote:
No, I didnt get it at launch but will in the future.CoD is a great shooter franchise(no matter how much some of you deny it) so I will sure to get this game.Plus I heard its story is the best in the series.Which automatically attracts me(im a story whore)

Yeah I agree. It's a great franchise but they are milking it and aren't providing enough new stuff. Plus, online gets really frustrating!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:18 am

Cock of Doody

I wont get it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Cock of Doody

I wont get it.

Cock of doody: Black Cocks
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:39 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Yeah I agree. It's a great franchise but they are milking it and aren't providing enough new stuff. Plus, online gets really frustrating!

How is it milked?The quality is still there.you should praise activision for releaseing a quality cod game every year.yea, they certainly do provide new stuff.new weps, modes campaign ect.Just because it doesnt have anything revolutionary doesnt mean it doesnt have anything new.Ehh it can be hard to blam activion and the devs for its online.Its the community's fault
Back to top Go down
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Cock of Doody

I wont get it.

assassions creed brotherhood ftw! to bad I cant get it untill christmas
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

How is it milked?The quality is still there.you should praise activision for releaseing a quality cod game every year.yea, they certainly do provide new stuff.new weps, modes campaign ect.Just because it doesnt have anything revolutionary doesnt mean it doesnt have anything new.Ehh it can be hard to blam activion and the devs for its online.Its the community's fault
The franchise is absolutely being milked. A yearly release with multiple devs working on the series at once with little innovation qualifies as milked in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, some of the games are good, but they only add a little bit each year. And no, the online is absolutely the dev's fault. Why are there campers? Poor level design and health system. Why are there people who exploit glitches? Because the glitches are there to exploit. Yes, you could argue that campers and glitch exploiters do these things on there own merit, but it wouldn't be a problem if the maps and health system weren't ideal for campers and the glitches weren't ideal for people who would exploit them.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:54 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

The franchise is absolutely being milked. A yearly release with multiple devs working on the series at once with little innovation qualifies as milked in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, some of the games are good, but they only add a little bit each year. And no, the online is absolutely the dev's fault. Why are there campers? Poor level design and health system. Why are there people who exploit glitches? Because the glitches are there to exploit. Yes, you could argue that campers and glitch exploiters do these things on there own merit, but it wouldn't be a problem if the maps and health system weren't ideal for campers and the glitches weren't ideal for people who would exploit them.

Um dude, no it isnt.yearly release DOESNT mean milked.If CoD was milked, its games wouldnt be good.What is it with some of you gamers?Is innovation all you guys care about?I constantly hear gamers like you on the internet critisizing everything for no innovation.Who the hell cares if each game is very alike?If you like CoD's gameplay, then I cant see anyone complain about it being the same."oh my goodness!!It doesnt revolutionize or innvate anythnig in its genre!!OMG!!!11!!11!".Thats what you guys sound like.All of the cod games have been great, even MW2(campaign was alot of fun and its online wasnt terrible).

Dude, its easily possible to camp on any map(not just cod maps, other fps maps too).There isnt anything wrong with cod maps at all.And the health system aint bad, its just a health regen system.Halo has it.Killzone and Resistance have it.Gears has it.Must be those devs fault too....

You should be praising activision for releasing GREAT games every year.It takes most franchises several years to make a good game.Bottem line, if you like CoD's gameplay, then you should not complain about it being yearly released.If you dont like cods gameplay, then dont complain but dont buy the games every year....simple....
Back to top Go down
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Um dude, no it isnt.yearly release DOESNT mean milked.If CoD was milked, its games wouldnt be good.What is it with some of you gamers?Is innovation all you guys care about?I constantly hear gamers like you on the internet critisizing everything for no innovation.Who the hell cares if each game is very alike?If you like CoD's gameplay, then I cant see anyone complain about it being the same."oh my goodness!!It doesnt revolutionize or innvate anythnig in its genre!!OMG!!!11!!11!".Thats what you guys sound like.All of the cod games have been great, even MW2(campaign was alot of fun and its online wasnt terrible).

Dude, its easily possible to camp on any map(not just cod maps, other fps maps too).There isnt anything wrong with cod maps at all.And the health system aint bad, its just a health regen system.Halo has it.Killzone and Resistance have it.Gears has it.Must be those devs fault too....

You should be praising activision for releasing GREAT games every year.It takes most franchises several years to make a good game.Bottem line, if you like CoD's gameplay, then you should not complain about it being yearly released.If you dont like cods gameplay, then dont complain but dont buy the games every year....simple....

dude buying call of duty now is like buying sport games its the same game every year with a few innovations but nothing revolutionary and besides that the game is so fucking easy to exploit and the developers not patching things up doesnt help either
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Quality has nothing to do with it being milked. Milked means the developer/publisher constantly release the games and rely on brand name to sell it. If the game is the same every year (hence why Call of Duty is never bad; it's the same every time), then it gets stale and boring. Also, when I say "innovate", I mean within the series, not the genre.

Many games (such as Halo) have great level design that minimizes campers. Call of Duty usually has map design that encourages camping. On top of that, the game encourages players to rush into battle by themselves. However, the health system will have you dying in two seconds flat. The gameplay style mixed with the health system is another factor that encourages people to camp.

Like I said, the Call of Duty games are never bad, but the multiplayer gets kind of stale after a certain point. That being said, I will probably be buying Black Ops, mostly for the campaign, but also since I've been hearing that the multiplayer is vastly improved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:03 pm

I believe I will get it too, I saw the campaign, I honestly should have just waited until I eventually decided to buy it to play the campaign, it is short but very good.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 am

Arbiteris wrote:

Why should anyone praise Activision when they have already proven to everyone that they will milk and burn a franchise to the ground just for dollars. Guitar Hero is nothing these days but Rock Bank 3 just proved that there still may be innovation left in the genre and Guitar Hero has not even attempted it.

Call of Duty is going down the exact same route that Guitar Hero took. They built a solid fanbase around a quality game and then proceeded to yearly releases over and over again with the same gameplay but just a facelift. Eventually people will get bored of CoD but it will take longer than Guitar Hero purely due to the fact that its fanbase is so large. Unless the developers do something different with CoD, no amount of epic explosions can make me buy the game because after a while, having explosion after explosion being shoved into my face just gets tiring.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:17 am

Since everyone is on the Hate Train in this thread, I'm just going to say that the MP in COD is just completely unfair.

I let one of my friends borrow the game and I when I got it back today, I realized how sometimes you just get killed at random with no way of avoiding it.

For example: if you're in an open field and someone just happens to aim his Predator at you, there is nothing you can do about it, that 24 killstreak you had going on just vanishes.

So...I guess that's another way that COD encourages camping.
Back to top Go down
popjack88
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:09 am

Guys its actually Call of booty : Black cocks.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 am

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Quality has nothing to do with it being milked. Milked means the developer/publisher constantly release the games and rely on brand name to sell it. If the game is the same every year (hence why Call of Duty is never bad; it's the same every time), then it gets stale and boring. Also, when I say "innovate", I mean within the series, not the genre.

Many games (such as Halo) have great level design that minimizes campers. Call of Duty usually has map design that encourages camping. On top of that, the game encourages players to rush into battle by themselves. However, the health system will have you dying in two seconds flat. The gameplay style mixed with the health system is another factor that encourages people to camp.

Like I said, the Call of Duty games are never bad, but the multiplayer gets kind of stale after a certain point. That being said, I will probably be buying Black Ops, mostly for the campaign, but also since I've been hearing that the multiplayer is vastly improved.

CoD doesnt get stale depending on how much you like it.You could say that it does and will but could you talk for the entire fanbase comprised of millions?I dont think so.If MS released a great Halo game every year id be so happy.Why the heck would it get stale on me?I have a blast at its multiplayer and campaigns.

Me and you have different deffinitions of "Milked".If activision kept releasing cod games that are bad just to get sales(hence the Call of Duty name) then that would be milking.Or they release crap merchandise to also just get sales ect ect.

How is each Cod game the same?They each add new modes, improvments, new camapign, new story ect.Those are new

I still dont see how CoD maps differ from other games maps.i could hide in one spot in halo and get cheap kills if i wanted too.Its not that hard...
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:13 am

Arbiteris wrote:
CoD doesnt get stale depending on how much you like it.You could say that it does and will but could you talk for the entire fanbase comprised of millions?I dont think so.If MS released a great Halo game every year id be so happy.Why the heck would it get stale on me?I have a blast at its multiplayer and campaigns.
At some point, you just get sick of playing Call of Duty over and over again. Games like Killzone, Halo, Gears of War, etc. keep the game fresh by, not only adding new things, but leaving time in between games for you to want more. Think of it this way: my favorite food is pizza. If I had pizza for every single meal of every single day, I'd get sick of it. But, because I have it a few times a month, I'm not as sick of it and I still enjoy it.

Me and you have different deffinitions of "Milked".If activision kept releasing cod games that are bad just to get sales(hence the Call of Duty name) then that would be milking.Or they release crap merchandise to also just get sales ect ect.
Part of the reason Call of Duty doesn't suck is because the developers just use a previous model of the previous game. So one developer makes a good Call of Duty game (Call of Duty 4), and then Treyarch and IW add little by little to it.

How is each Cod game the same?They each add new modes, improvments, new camapign, new story ect.Those are new
So every Guitar Hero is different because they add new modes and songs? Nope, I don't think that's the case. But really, what have they added? Adding bells and whistles is nice, but that ultimately doesn't really change the game.

I still dont see how CoD maps differ from other games maps.i could hide in one spot in halo and get cheap kills if i wanted too.Its not that hard...
Halo maps are designed to reduce campers, and I hardly find any campers in Halo. Battlefield doesn't have all that many campers either. I've only played a little bit of Resistance, but I didn't find any campers in Resistance either. Why? The maps are designed to allow multiple entrances to every square inch of the map. And, like I said, the Call of Duty health system also promotes camping by making you die in two shots.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:27 pm

TRF wrote:

Halo maps are designed to reduce campers, and I hardly find any campers in Halo. Battlefield doesn't have all that many campers either. I've only played a little bit of Resistance, but I didn't find any campers in Resistance either. Why? The maps are designed to allow multiple entrances to every square inch of the map. And, like I said, the Call of Duty health system also promotes camping by making you die in two shots.
[/quote]

That is entirely true. Halo maps are fairly large and open with not much in terms of enclosed areas/camping spots. Also you have armour abilities so you can do stuff like jetpack up to a window, see if anyone's inside before going in, or sending in a hologram or you can even go in when invisible or sprint through or slide in with that defense thing.
I mean, the possibilities are endless in Halo!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
And also, due to the massive scale of halo maps there's no point in camping... there's a chance you may not encounter anyone if you stay in the same place.
Ah gotta love Halo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sign if you didnt get fail ops   sign if you didnt get fail ops Empty

Back to top Go down

sign if you didnt get fail ops
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next