This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Just rented Reach. Put it in the 360, and it refuses to READ. How many times does this have to happen? This happened with Left 4 Dead, and Medal of Honor too (though we got those to play). This is really starting to get on my nerves. This is the only reason I am not getting much new 360 games. Because the 360 Pro (older model) refuses to read the discs (except for the games I bought before Left 4 Dead). GAHHHH!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Do you wanna know why?
Coz you're supposed to BUY THE FREAKING GAME!

lol okay really, you've got some 360 issues. Just phone up microsoft and ask how much it would cost to get it fixed or whatever. I'm sure it's not that serious. If you're out of warranty or it's expensive, try fixing it yourself with extreme caution, following some internet guide.

Good luck Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:37 pm

Remove all of the plugs from the console, take out the HDD, and leave it like that for a few minutes. This should fix it, and if not . . . well, I can't help you beyond that.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:27 pm

TRF wrote:
Remove all of the plugs from the console, take out the HDD, and leave it like that for a few minutes. This should fix it, and if not . . . well, I can't help you beyond that.
It didn't work. But hey at least we got two PS3's in this house. Neutral
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:41 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:

Sell them both to get a brand new 360? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:46 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:

Send it to Microsoft then.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:49 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:

Sell them both to get a brand new 360? Neutral
They're not mine. One is my mom's, and one is in my brother's room and he is playing it. My mom would flip if I sold one of them (hypocrisy). I could get one for Christmas, but I was planning on getting a PS3 for Christmas (320gb standalone). Or I could just sell the Xbox I have, but in order to get a new one I would also have to sell my 360 games. Which would defeat the purpose. Neutral I'm confused?

BlackStigma wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:

Send it to Microsoft then.
I probably will. Though I am a bit skeptical, because last time we sent it to Microsoft they almost lost it (through Fed-Ex). Better delete me and my brother's profiles off there before we send it out, just to be safe (then reclaim them when we get it back).
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:20 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Send it to Microsoft then.I probably will. Though I am a bit skeptical, because last time we sent it to Microsoft they almost lost it (through Fed-Ex). Better delete me and my brother's profiles off there before we send it out, just to be safe (then reclaim them when we get it back).
You're not supposed to send the HDD with the 360. Take it out and then send the bare console with all the wires.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:27 pm

TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
Send it to Microsoft then.I probably will. Though I am a bit skeptical, because last time we sent it to Microsoft they almost lost it (through Fed-Ex). Better delete me and my brother's profiles off there before we send it out, just to be safe (then reclaim them when we get it back).
You're not supposed to send the HDD with the 360. Take it out and then send the bare console with all the wires.
Oh we are not supposed to take it out? I thought we had to take it out because without the HDD the 360 will get RROD (believe me it happened). Well thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:50 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
Oh we are not supposed to take it out? I thought we had to take it out because without the HDD the 360 will get RROD (believe me it happened). Well thanks for the info!
RRoD is an overheating issue. It has nothing to do with the HDD.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 am

TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
That's funny, because when the HDD was not attached to the system it got RROD, but when I put it back on it went back to being normal. In fact it was not overheated at all.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:33 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
That's funny, because when the HDD was not attached to the system it got RROD, but when I put it back on it went back to being normal. In fact it was not overheated at all.

Buy Halo Reach. It will only work if you buy the game. Renting is for n00bs
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:59 am

theassassins wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

No. The game should work. It's multiplayer that probably does not work unless you buy the game. The game itself should work.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:48 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
No. The game should work. It's multiplayer that probably does not work unless you buy the game. The game itself should work.

Why wouldn't the multiplayer work?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:00 am

BlackStigma wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Why wouldn't the multiplayer work?

Probably Kotick now has publishing rights to Reach.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:20 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
theassassins wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

He was joking. The whole game will work for you, even if you rent it. This isn't an EA game, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach   Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 Refuses to Play Reach
Page 1 of 1